• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why ENFP is avoiding me ?

Sandeep

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hello there! I'm INTJ, My female ENFP friend told that she started liking someone. The very next day I told her that I always liked her and told her that if I didn't tell that now I'll regret for my lifetime. I clearly stated her that I'm not loving her or anything like that It's just that I think we both hit off really well & I only want her if and only if she wants. It's not like I just want her for my life or nothing. And I even supported her liking of the other person. for me she said she doesn't know what to say. It was cool for sometime but after some days she started avoiding me lightly. I asked her about this. She replied back stating that she doesn't know why she's avoiding me and later she said that I'm irritating her that's y she keeping me at distant for some time. Any ENFP guys know whats likely going on in her mind.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
On one hand....
You're dodging a bullet. Sounds like they don't know how to process your feelings so "ghosting" you seems easier. I'm betting she didnt really give you much detail into the hows/whys/wheretofore of you "irritating" her so ride on cowboy.

Of course the other side of the coin is you told her you liked her the day after she told you she liked somebody else; that's quite the rug to yank depending on what kind of friendship y'all had.

The only thing you may be able to do is just give it some time and space....

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Hello there! I'm INTJ, My female ENFP friend told that she started liking someone. The very next day I told her that I always liked her and told her that if I didn't tell that now I'll regret for my lifetime. I clearly stated her that I'm not loving her or anything like that It's just that I think we both hit off really well & I only want her if and only if she wants. It's not like I just want her for my life or nothing. And I even supported her liking of the other person. for me she said she doesn't know what to say. It was cool for sometime but after some days she started avoiding me lightly. I asked her about this. She replied back stating that she doesn't know why she's avoiding me and later she said that I'm irritating her that's y she keeping me at distant for some time. Any ENFP guys know whats likely going on in her mind.
You're irritating her, so she's keeping your at distant for some time.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Gawd, why an’t bitches ever just say what they mean? AmIrite dudes?

She could not have been any clearer. You are irritating her. Give her space.

On one hand....
You're dodging a bullet. Sounds like they don't know how to process your feelings so "ghosting" you seems easier. I'm betting she didnt really give you much detail into the hows/whys/wheretofore of you "irritating" her so ride on cowboy.

Of course the other side of the coin is you told her you liked her the day after she told you she liked somebody else; that's quite the rug to yank depending on what kind of friendship y'all had.

The only thing you may be able to do is just give it some time and space....

Yes, that was very poor timing.

sylvia_elsie

I was at the same situation when a friend of mine confessed his feelings towards me. I get that it is irritating because it's really hard to react when you know the other person has unreciprocated feelings, you don't want to hurt them but you also don't want them to get your friendly behaviour in a wrong manner.
I am sorry that you are hurting but listen to her and give her some space for some period, wait for this confession to neutralize both of yours' feelings. It will get better eventually.