• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you could choose...introvert or extrovert?

Which would you rather be?

• Total voters

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
If you could choose to be introverted or extroverted, what would you rather be? Why?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I would be more extroverted because it would be easier for me to meet my people-related needs.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
What about ambivert?
I would pick ambivert as I somewhat am.

Too extraversion means too little time for your ownself... Not much reading, it will get into the way of studying, videogames...

Too much introversion means too loneliness...

Ambivertion would be my pick.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extroverted.
I rather be the go getter, and the chaser than rely on other people to get things done for me. I want friends, I get them. Something bothers me, I voice it and change it. I value control in my life, and not letting others affect my comfort. Besides, its rewarding to spend time with people I get along with; having someone to talk to, and want to talk back, at the end of the day.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Extroverted.
I rather be the go getter, and the chaser than rely on other people to get things done for me. I want friends, I get them. Something bothers me, I voice it and change it. I value control in my life, and not letting others affect my comfort. Besides, its rewarding to spend time with people I get along with; having someone to talk to, and want to talk back, at the end of the day.

This description fits far better with ISFJ than with any of the ExxP types, so it sounds more like you value being a J.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This description fits far better with ISFJ than with any of the ExxP types, so it sounds more like you value being a J.

Well, I'm dominant Fe and value harmony with myself and others over personal comfort. I value different interests of others. My Si is also acute of whom I chose to socialize with, based off past experience.
I'm SP, that make me quite introverted I guess. Meaning for the most part, I'm focused on my basic mandane needs/ life, unlike So who focuses on group interactions or fitting in and hierarchy.
My e3 makes me a go getter and fairly "J".

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, I'm dominant Fe and value harmony with myself and others over personal comfort. My Si is also acute of whom I chose to socialize with, based off past experience, especially if we have too many conflicting values. I prefer to have things in common than debate our differences.
I'm SP, that make me quite introverted I guess. Meaning for the most part, I'm focused on my basis needs, unlike So who focuses on group interactions or fitting in and hierarchy.
My e3 makes me a go getter and fairly "J".

I didn't mean to imply that you yourself were an ISFJ, but rather that the description focused more on the J and Fe than on extroversion per se.

I just had a quick browse through your posts and I do think you're an ESFJ.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't mean to imply that you yourself were an ISFJ, but rather that the description focused more on the J and Fe than on extroversion per se.

I just had a quick browse through your posts and I do think you're an ESFJ.

Extroversion was left open for interpretation.

The problem with grouping ISFJ or "J" is that there are e9 "J" whom are not "go-getters" conflicting the description and can be typed inaccurately. I recommend getting into cognitive functions than "letters" with astrology-type kind of categorizing. Especially enneagram which dictates the the motives of a type.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Extroversion was left open for interpretation.

The problem with grouping ISFJ or "J" is that there are e9 "J" whom are not "go-getters" conflicting the description and can be typed inaccurately. I recommend getting into cognitive functions than "letters" with astrology-type kind of categorizing. Especially enneagram which dictates the the motives of a type.

o_O

I know plenty about the cognitive functions as it is, thanks.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm okay being socially introverted, but I don't know about being cognitively extroverted like a Ne or Se Dom - that might be alright. I think it would be difficult to need people more. I have some level of need, but it isn't as strong as an extrovert. Socially suave, financially privileged, drop dead gorgeous extroverts might be able to get what they need socially, but I've also known socially backwards extroverts and their life is hell. It's better not to need much from the external world because in the end it's difficult to exert influence over it to one's satisfaction.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm fine not really being super into people and action. I do kinda wish I was Ne dom though... just wish my brain was a bit faster and that I was more creatively productive.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm pretty sure I would be incredibly dissatisfied no matter which I was. There are detriments to being either in my mind, especially when you go to the extremes of either, so something centered would probably be more reasonable. If ambiversion isn't an option, I'd probably choose lightly extroverted. Practically speaking, progressing through life in a satisfying way seems to involve a lot more teamwork and external interaction than I particularly enjoy, it would be more useful if I actually enjoyed such things

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Extroverted. There is absolutely 0 value in being an introvert. Tell me, where are the advantages in being introvert? Extrovert easily handles social situations, introvert tends to retreat to It's inner bubble. Introverts described as awkward, clumsy, while there tends to be lots of bias towards extroverted types as having no vulnerabilites.

Jaguar

If I were merely one or the other, frankly, I'd be pretty unstable.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I don’t think an extreme of either is healthy but sometimes I do wish I were a bit more introverted.

I’ve realized recently that 99% of my mental complexes and stress cone from being an extrovert who’s always been surrounded by unhealthy, toxic, abusive people who project all of their own issues onto me.

I get bored and lonely when I’m by myself. But also my head is perfectly clear and calm, confident, certain, devoid of stress, doubt or conflict.
Around people -most of those I know anyway- the constant judgement, nit-picking, and scrutinizing of everything I do, every word, every slight bit of body language has finally worn my typically unperturbed mind.

I’ve always sharing my life and experience but more and more I’m finding that I’d rather just be left alone.

It’s shame. Ideally, people would just let go pf their hang-ups, toxicity and neurosis, but that’s clearly never going to happen.