• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] xxTP, so close. Your thoughts are appreciated!

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- Not sure if I'm an extrovert or introvert. I'm able to be either one depending on the time. Can go from dark, brooding, mysterious to affable, good natured and witty. I feel most myself being able to be playful and humorous. I'd call myself a sociable loner, not necessarily belong to a specific social group, but once the opportunity rises, loves to bounce around socially with other people. My voice is naturally projective and loud.

- Sensing. I'm down to earth and head on the ground, but I can be imaginative and come up with ideas. As long as those ideas are practical and can be applied in real life (A music video, a film scene). My favorite things are things that get me to focus on the moment, I like things that engage my body, and too much intuitive things gives me headaches.

- Thinking. I like to understand how things work in order to form my own opinion and analysis on something. I butt heads with Te users who think that I follow my own judgement too much. My judgement makes sense to me, but it finds tangents and comes up with alternatives to the system. I have opinions that are easily changed if my understanding of a subject changes based on its logic. I love critical analysis, and I'm blunt and honest with my observations or thoughts on someone's work. I get along with people because I know body language and expressions that psychologically people will like to see (Ti-Fe?). I'm naturally skeptical to everything and form my opinion around things. I don't know who I am, and I'm not necessarily the most morally driven person, I understand other people and their thinking more than I do myself.

Perceiving. I have absolutely no doubt on this.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Havent I typed you in another thread?
:D

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Havent I typed you in another thread?
:D
ESFP.
I agree with ESxP.
I have trouble accepting I'm a secondary Fi user, the function descriptions irritate me. :unsure:

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
ESFP.
I agree with ESxP.
I have trouble accepting I'm a secondary Fi user, the function descriptions irritate me. :unsure:

Hmm... There is not much I can do.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've found this to help, at least in terms of dichotomies:
MBTI(R) Step II: The 40 Facets of the 16 Types – Personality Playbook

This one breaks it down into more examples, but only I VS E, but gives you a clearer idea of how and where dichotomies 'blend':
MBTI STEP II > Extraversion Introversion | Career Assessment Site

Going into functions are a headache because there are more varied examples and descriptions- understandable, since functions come in pairs, eg Te + Ni, and Te + Fi (INTJ) would be different from other types that are paired with different dichotomies/functions, and are located in a different place in the function stack.

This is not a 'ditch functions, go by dichotomies' post, but rather I think this would be a decent starting point if you are entirely confused.
FWIW, the things you've said on the T/F side reminds me of the things Ti users say.

@Chase123

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've found this to help, at least in terms of dichotomies:
MBTI(R) Step II: The 40 Facets of the 16 Types – Personality Playbook

This one breaks it down into more examples, but only I VS E, but gives you a clearer idea of how and where dichotomies 'blend':
MBTI STEP II > Extraversion Introversion | Career Assessment Site

Going into functions are a headache because there are more varied examples and descriptions- understandable, since functions come in pairs, eg Te + Ni, and Te + Fi (INTJ) would be different from other types that are paired with different dichotomies/functions, and are located in a different place in the function stack.

This is not a 'ditch functions, go by dichotomies' post, but rather I think this would be a decent starting point if you are entirely confused.
FWIW, the things you've said on the T/F side reminds me of the things Ti users say.

@Chase123

It's still a bit tricky to identify. Yes, I like to use my critical analysis skills and prefer to use logic. For example, I want to solve my friend's emotional problems, I point out things that I don't think will work in other people's ideas, I create my own solutions to problems, I use common sense which gives me an edge over my peers, sometimes the end justifies the mean etc. I have a hard time dealing with INFPs who seem naive and justify things that don't make sense (''This psychopathic character loves the character he murdered'' My response to this is: Psychopaths can't love, maybe he had a unhealthy possesion view to her which resulted in murder, but that isn't love! This doesn't make sense!! And she uses words like 'I believe' or 'I feel' without ever answering my direct questions).

I do have morals to a certain extent. I will go out of my way to protect a female classmate if she needs it (tert Fe?), but I will gladly enjoy the fun of cheating on academic exam (Ti?). I'm good at I'm good at noticing other people's behaviors very well, I know when someone is sad, and I understand emotions plentiful. I'll pour you a drink if you need one, I'll ask if your alright if I sense something is off. Someone said there was no way I could be an Fi user, because I never focus on myself, I focus on the aspect of other people and my relationships, while being able to rope people in a way that Fi users can't. My INFJ dad and I share the same way of thinking, it's just that the things he's weaker at I'm better at and vice versa. I LOVE emotional music, but I argue that's not type related.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's still a bit tricky to identify. Yes, I like to use my critical analysis skills and prefer to use logic. For example, I want to solve my friend's emotional problems, I point out things that I don't think will work in other people's ideas, I create my own solutions to problems, I use common sense which gives me an edge over my peers, sometimes the end justifies the mean etc. I have a hard time dealing with INFPs who seem naive and justify things that don't make sense (''This psychopathic character loves the character he murdered'' My response to this is: Psychopaths can't love, maybe he had a unhealthy possesion view to her which resulted in murder, but that isn't love! This doesn't make sense!! And she uses words like 'I believe' or 'I feel' without ever answering my direct questions).

This off the bat just sounds typical T, but I'm not good with MBTI, however-

I do have morals to a certain extent. I will go out of my way to protect a female classmate if she needs it (tert Fe?), but I will gladly enjoy the fun of cheating on academic exam (Ti?).

T = immoral / no feelings, F = no critical thinking skills. It is less about skill/ability, and more preference.
Your focus on the empirical validity, logical congruity (which is a very Ti thing) on the aspects rather than entertaining it from an emotional angle, or how you may relate to it or feel about it- that alone tips the scale to T more than F, but this is just one example. To note that Ts are never 100% T all the time, neither are Fs- some are stronger one way or another, some are more balanced, the key is which is more abundant / which you do more naturally prefer.

I'm good at I'm good at noticing other people's behaviors very well, I know when someone is sad, and I understand emotions plentiful. I'll pour you a drink if you need one, I'll ask if your alright if I sense something is off. Someone said there was no way I could be an Fi user, because I never focus on myself, I focus on the aspect of other people and my relationships, while being able to rope people in a way that Fi users can't. My INFJ dad and I share the same way of thinking, it's just that the things he's weaker at I'm better at and vice versa. I LOVE emotional music, but I argue that's not type related.

This as a whole does sound more Fe-like than Fi, and yes, liking emotional music is not type related. I really can't explain much beyond that it just does fit the descriptions I know about Fe, and that the scope is more Fe-like- mostly the bolded, the rest are just a natural consequence of the bolded. What makes you think you may be Fi, or a feeler at all?

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What makes you think you may be Fi, or a feeler at all?
Nothing really, someone said I could be an ESFP, but they didn't have much to take away from. I really can't relate to Fi and I see myself as an ExTP. There's now way I'm not. I relate too much to tertiary Fe and I definitely use Ti. My Fe gives me a warm, affable exterior but my Ti makes me more guarded and detached.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nothing really, someone said I could be an ESFP, but they didn't have much to take away from. I really can't relate to Fi and I see myself as an ExTP. There's now way I'm not. I relate too much to tertiary Fe and I definitely use Ti. My Fe gives me a warm, affable exterior but my Ti makes me more guarded and detached.

It seems really clear-cut then. I assume this thread is just wanting to rule F/Fi out for sure then?
FWIW, if you do want to go about it, don't go about it via behavioural cues- MBTI is about cognition after all, the underlying reasoning rather than the apparent behaviour. Fi can also be warm, yet detached, because it is very self-regulating.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems really clear-cut then. I assume this thread is just wanting to rule F/Fi out for sure then?
FWIW, if you do want to go about it, don't go about it via behavioural cues- MBTI is about cognition after all, the underlying reasoning rather than the apparent behaviour. Fi can also be warm, yet detached, because it is very self-regulating.
Does this make sense then:

Se: I'm opportunistic and sensory oriented. I enjoy painting, riding motorbikes at fast speeds, doing something that engages me physically and gives me a rush. I am reactive, I'd be the first to take down a bad guy because of my quick minded ability to zone out and focus on doing something in the moment. I'll take you on adventures and lead the way.

Ti: I form my own logical analysis of things. I like to analyze and improve systems according to what I think is correct because I trust my own internal logic. I need to gage and understand situations to form an opinion/understanding. I take shortcuts and unique solutions that are different from conventional standards. I enjoy soccer, PES/NBA 2k, watching basketball, or sword fighting because I have to use my head to come up with ways of stopping the problem at an exciting rate that forces me to adjust and come up with new schemes.

Fe: I understand other people really well, motivations, etc. I am outwardly affectionate, and like to be liked (enjoys flattery, attention). Cares how people perceive me, even if I don't show it. Good at getting a reaction out of someone. I will flatter you because I'm attentive (your tattoo, what is it? I like it.). My image comes from other people's perceptions. I don't understand how I feel and I don't understand my emotions unless someone from the outside can explain my behavior. I don't really know or show my true self, I don't understand why people try to stand out.

Ni: When I'm stressed, I become paranoid and start thinking about countless scenarios, which is something I don't usually do.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does this make sense then:

Se: I'm opportunistic and sensory oriented. I enjoy painting, riding motorbikes at fast speeds, doing something that engages me physically and gives me a rush. I am reactive, I'd be the first to take down a bad guy because of my quick minded ability to zone out and focus on doing something in the moment. I'll take you on adventures and lead the way.

Ti: I form my own logical analysis of things. I like to analyze and improve systems according to what I think is correct because I trust my own internal logic. I need to gage and understand situations to form an opinion/understanding. I take shortcuts and unique solutions that are different from conventional standards. I enjoy soccer, PES/NBA 2k, watching basketball, or sword fighting because I have to use my head to come up with ways of stopping the problem at an exciting rate that forces me to adjust and come up with new schemes.

Fe: I understand other people really well, motivations, etc. I am outwardly affectionate, and like to be liked (enjoys flattery, attention). Cares how people perceive me, even if I don't show it. Good at getting a reaction out of someone. I will flatter you because I'm attentive (your tattoo, what is it? I like it.). My image comes from other people's perceptions. I don't understand how I feel and I don't understand my emotions unless someone from the outside can explain my behavior. I don't really know or show my true self, I don't understand why people try to stand out.

Ni: When I'm stressed, I become paranoid and start thinking about countless scenarios, which is something I don't usually do.

You could have told me that you were literally copy-pasting these descriptions from official sites, and I'd have believed you. It really seems clear-cut, and if there is no issue with it, that may just be what you are. Nothing seems contradictory that I am aware of. I'd say wait for more input and take this to other members as well if you still are unsure, but this is ... very, very clear-cut. Sounds like one, reports like one, speaks like one, you may just be one.

A lot of people can take years to be sure of their type, and I bounced between several myself, but I'd say your starting point is really solid. You just cleanly relate to each dichotomy and function.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You could have told me that you were literally copy-pasting these descriptions from official sites, and I'd have believed you.
I've done some research over cognitive functions these last few weeks, so I'm applying what I understand about the functions and explaining how I see those functions in myself.

A lot of people can take years to be sure of their type, and I bounced between several myself, but I'd say your starting point is really solid. You just cleanly relate to each dichotomy and function.
Yeah, pretty sure I'm an ESTP. I strongly relate to the SeTi Type in Mind description, I hadn't seen such an accurate description of myself before. I don't see why someone would spend years finding their type, I enjoyed the process of finding it, but I'm tired of it and ready to move on to the next, lol! I think the understanding of how people work logically has been the most interesting out of all this, but exploring my type has been the bonus. You've given the starting point of being an ESTP E3. My identity was already kinda lost, so finding my MBTI/Enneagram helps with that. Thanks!

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've done some research over cognitive functions these last few weeks, so I'm applying what I understand about the functions and explaining how I see those functions in myself.

Yeah, pretty sure I'm an ESTP. I strongly relate to the SeTi Type in Mind description, I hadn't seen such an accurate description of myself before. I don't see why someone would spend years finding their type, I enjoyed the process of finding it, sounds tiring. I think the understanding of how people work logically has been the most interesting out of all this, but finding my type has been the bonus. You've given the starting point of being an ESTP E3, so my identity is already kinda lost, finding my MBTI/Enneagram helps with that. Thanks!

Some do find it simple. A lot of the trouble comes from being unable to self-report accurately, not having good sources, going by hazy sources, or background / environment promoting traits that differ from what might be the person's native preferences- for example, an introverted salesman would check a lot of Extroversion traits, but those are skills, not preferences. Either way, you're welcome. If you find that what you've gathered so far has been inaccurate or you've found something that you think fits better, you are welcome to create more type me threads, or to append the new data here and re-evaluate the typing anytime.