• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Secondary as point of arrogance

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I've come to think that the secondary function is where most people are at their most arrogant. In other words, where they think they are better than others, but are instead not quite as good as they think they are.

ExTP - "I'm the smartest guy in the room"
ExFP - "I'm the only one who knows what's right"
IxTJ - "I'm the only one here who can do anything right"
IxFJ - "I know what's truly best for others"
INxP - "I see the whole picture better than anyone"
ISxP - "I see the world more clearly than anyone"
ESxJ - "I'm the only one with a sense of right and wrong"
ENxJ - "I'm the only true visionary"

Maturity comes from balancing these misconceptions against life experience, and learning to recognize your own limitations in these particular areas.

What are your thoughts?

Jaguar

The quotes sound like they came from a bunch of delusional wackos. Or Donald Trump.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Swing and a miss.

In my case it's
" I'm the only one here who is not too afraid to make a Goddamned decision."

rav3n

The aux function is a support function to the dom. In situations of the unhealthy, the support and ameliorating effects of the aux function are ignored. With this in mind, it's not the aux function that's problematic. Also, your examples don't resemble aux function statements.