• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] quiet extrovert? or...

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
so like, i know mbti is how we process things and it's not our exact personality, but i've been described as introverted and a bit sheltered by friends, but this was more my upbringing. i've often tested exxx lately on mbti tests and i feel it's accurate, but i still feel confused and wonder if i idealize myself.

are there any extroverts here that are quiet, or is it just me, or am i not an extrovert? :unsure:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-

are there any extroverts here that are quiet, or is it just me, or am i not an extrovert? :unsure:
I don't get it.
Do You mean to pose the question: Are you not an EXXX because you are quite?
If you assumed that EXXX is a talkative and IXXX is quite, you should question it: Does the EXXX have to be talkative and IXXX have to be quite person?
When there is a member typed EXXX here happens to be quite person, will it make them an EXXX?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Are you confident in being an ESFP by functions? Also, I see you're an SP 9, and they're usually a pretty quiet/unassuming type. What makes you feel like an extrovert in comparison?

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so like, i know mbti is how we process things and it's not our exact personality, but i've been described as introverted and a bit sheltered by friends, but this was more my upbringing. i've often tested exxx lately on mbti tests and i feel it's accurate, but i still feel confused and wonder if i idealize myself.

I'm actually a sociable loner. ESxP. What makes me an extrovert is that after communicating with a lot of people, I feel really good. I like having conversations with multiple people during the day, and I'm very silly and loud (ringleader) with my closest friends. In school, I used to be a loner, simply because I felt the people around me weren't good people and because in the college I was at, I didn't live on campus, so it was harder to fit in. Sitting alone at lunch when there's a lot of people is an example, I used to really feel ashamed and hated doing it, so that was a sign of being an extrovert.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
God, the ‘loud extrovert’ has to be the most basic stereotype.

I despise small talk. I don’t speak unless I have something to say. And I do not yell, I only raise my voice if I need to do to so be heard.
I detest loud people. They come off as stupid imo.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

My husband is an ENFJ and he's the least extroverted person I know. But he matches the majority of ENFJ functions and especially enneagram so yes there are quiet extroverts.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's validating to hear that

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm actually a sociable loner. ESxP. What makes me an extrovert is that after communicating with a lot of people, I feel really good. I like having conversations with multiple people during the day, and I'm very silly and loud (ringleader) with my closest friends. In school, I used to be a loner, simply because I felt the people around me weren't good people and because in the college I was at, I didn't live on campus, so it was harder to fit in. Sitting alone at lunch when there's a lot of people is an example, I used to really feel ashamed and hated doing it, so that was a sign of being an extrovert.

I do too, as well. I used to despise people, but I think I've grown and got through some of my issues. I love being around people and communicating and having lots of friends. I feel good when I see people, even if I need my alone time... but everyone needs alone time.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you confident in being an ESFP by functions? Also, I see you're an SP 9, and they're usually a pretty quiet/unassuming type. What makes you feel like an extrovert in comparison?

I do feel confident in my ESFP-ness. A lot of the qualities and whatnot, I relate to. I love team work and I like acting like a cheerleader and like, pushing people to do good and stuff.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do too, as well. I used to despise people, but I think I've grown and got through some of my issues. I love being around people and communicating and having lots of friends. I feel good when I see people, even if I need my alone time... but everyone needs alone time.
Huh, I was the same. I'm considering myself an ESFP, I think our despising people is due to our secondary Fi not approving the actions of others. ESFPs are the worst written stereotyped type on MBTI, I'll tell you that.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Huh, I was the same. I'm considering myself an ESFP, I think our despising people is due to our secondary Fi not approving the actions of others. ESFPs are the worst written stereotyped type on MBTI, I'll tell you that.

That's interesting! I have no experience in typing people, so I'd say go with what you feel -- but that makes sense. I was in a different situation growing up, and so I adjusted myself to that homelife, and since being out of it, I am finding -- attempting to grow, specifically -- my true self. It's a hard road and I'm still learning, but I feel very comfortable as an E-type; ESFP particularly because I sometimes question my own behaviours and it makes sense. I believe in working together and being a cheerleader for others, but I don't see myself as an authority figure and I second guess myself. It's hard, but yeah. Sometimes the styereotypes or the types and the labels kind of slip me up, but no two ESFP or INFJ or whatever type are going to act exactly the same.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's interesting! I have no experience in typing people, so I'd say go with what you feel -- but that makes sense.
Yeah, that's been the trouble. I sometimes feel like I'm living up to be the perfect 'image' for people. I want to embody attractive traits, and in doing so, it leaves me kind of clueless to who I actually am. I think I'm an enneagram 3w4, so that may have something to do with.

I think you're an ESFP for sure. You seem to know yourself and where you fit in pretty well. The whole E/I seems uncomplicated but really it overlaps a lot more frequently, it's more about what cognitive function you start with and where you primarily get energy from, I think.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Quiet extroverted or loudly introverted is possible in an enviroment where people have different concepts of what E-I means. In a very basic matter, there are at least 3 definitions of extroversion/introversion over MBTI unofficial internet community, and in short they are these:
1) How sociable and outgoing the people is.
2) If gather "energy" from the "inside" or the "outside".
3) Preferency towards the object - if attention is towards the object (external) then its extroversion, if attention is towards self (inside) then its introversion. Cognitive functions use this definition.
Just a quick example, if you are watching the sunset you are doing an introvert activity in 1 and extroverted activity in 2 and 3. So, its possible to be introverted in one and extroverted in another definition, making the person being a quiet extroverted or sociable introvert.

Also, the E-I spectrum isnt "you are I" or "you are E", they are not extreme, its possible to be between them. Even when there is a board marking "E are this, this this and that" with "I are this, this this and that" side to side, its possible to be ambiverted as well.

Also, the guy that answers this thread more quickly gave a link to a good read on that.

And for last, you are not alone, search ambiversion MBTI on google and you might find some stuff (although some of them will be defending that ENFP and ENTP are the ambiverted types). Ambivalence is possible in any of E-I,S-N,F-T or P-J dimensions.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Quiet extroverted or loudly introverted is possible in an enviroment where people have different concepts of what E-I means. In a very basic matter, there are at least 3 definitions of extroversion/introversion over MBTI unofficial internet community, and in short they are these:
1) How sociable and outgoing the people is.
2) If gather "energy" from the "inside" or the "outside".
3) Preferency towards the object - if attention is towards the object (external) then its extroversion, if attention is towards self (inside) then its introversion. Cognitive functions use this definition.
Just a quick example, if you are watching the sunset you are doing an introvert activity in 1 and extroverted activity in 2 and 3. So, its possible to be introverted in one and extroverted in another definition, making the person being a quiet extroverted or sociable introvert.

Also, the E-I spectrum isnt "you are I" or "you are E", they are not extreme, its possible to be between them. Even when there is a board marking "E are this, this this and that" with "I are this, this this and that" side to side, its possible to be ambiverted as well.

Also, the guy that answers this thread more quickly gave a link to a good read on that.

And for last, you are not alone, search ambiversion MBTI on google and you might find some stuff (although some of them will be defending that ENFP and ENTP are the ambiverted types). Ambivalence is possible in any of E-I,S-N,F-T or P-J dimensions.

Thanks for the help. I've checked the link and I will give it another read to refresh myself; everypne has been realy helpful!