• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne or Se?

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Comparing Ne and Se for me, I relate so much more to Se. I love physically exciting experiences like riding a motorbike, enjoying food, clothing, and painting. However, I get bored often and I zone out and daydream. If I'm not engaged in the present then I might as well tune out. I've been described as head in the clouds, missing random details of a room, difficulty staying aware 24/7.
Yes, I'm imaginative, and can look at a room and imagine a battle scene while pretending to be a superhero with a younger child, but I also seek things that force me to concentrate on the moment (Driving, dancing, rock climbing) and that makes me enjoy the present. I don't relate to Ne hobbies but to Se hobbies.
Am I very cloudy minded Se dom or am I a sensual Ne dom with Se interests?

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Only when you have an extroverted sensation psychological functions as a primary with introverted thinking auxiliary, you'll be able to show individual skills in sports since a teenager, like this video.
If you have that individual skills in specific sports like in the video, the functions that responsible in performing such an individual technique is a combination of Extroverted sensation primary and introverted thinking auxiliary

Extroverted sensation primary combined with introverted thinking auxiliary.

The subjective decision made by football player is adjusted according to objective concrete happening perceived by sensory organs: sightsensing, hearingsense, touchsense, tastesense, and smellingsense perceptions that gets conscious that makes me type them as a Extroverted sensation dominant. The subjective thinking function, plays auxiliary role relative to the extroverted sensation perceptions.
How Se-Ti combination work in passing
Take a simplification of a pass as a hypothetical example. When a football player decides to pass or keep dribbling the ball, they will try to locate where their teammates, who perhaps is in an unmarked position by the opposite team and whether he judges himself can or can not longer keep the ball, since the opposing team is trying to take the ball possession from his team to their team. So the passer adjust his subjective decision to pass or keep dribbling depends on the objective situation e.g whether a teammates raises their hand to send a message that he is left unmarked by the opposing team, whether the dribbler under a pressure from opposing team players, all of which are outside world situation perceivable by the sightsenses.
Neymar Diving Technique and Se-Ti
Another technique is a diving, a play act of falling off. Neymar is probably the best actor now like when it comes to diving
When the moment comes, like when being tackled, etc, Neymar will respond spontaneously by falling off, so that his team can win a free kick or even better a penalty. Neymar diving skills needs extroverted sensation as primary function and introverted thinking as auxliary. Extrovert sensation consciousness waits for the correct moment, then it is introverted thinking technique like falling off that responds by making decision to fall off. what decision The subject makes , in this case Neymar as the diver, always adjust with what sensation that gets conscious from outside world, so Se is his primary or leading psychological function, and Ti that performs the individual technique. He wont dive, if no one tackle him or touching; which would be a joke. He has to wait the moment until someone finally tackle him, to perform the technique. He has no control The moment to happen. He passively waits for it.
Despite being criticized, since the camera will show in the end and we can tell whether he dives or not, he keeps doing that.

Why diving?
I have heard someone tell me that the diving technique is performed to avoid injury risk to the football player, which may decrease performance even after recovering, or the injury could even worse end their career early. Therefore, It would be much better to be shown a yellow card, or even given a second yellow, hence be sent off because of diving, than getting tackled and get injured. Suspension of Play as a result of accumulated card would be much better than early retirement because of suffering major injury because of not diving while getting tackled. This kind of reasoning sounds like a very introverted one to me.
Other psychologist may call the skill as a form of kinesthetic intelligence. Many journalist often praise some skilled football player a genius alsolike this one and this one. A genius in the sense of practical skills. Even with the same ESTP, their individual technique may be different. The introverted judging functions paired with extroverted sensation will perform unique individual skills.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think there is a different way that Se and Si relate to details. Si is the function that has an internal map of the concrete details and so it can tell if something has changed in an environment. They also know what is expected and so will see things that are off from expectations.

Se perceives details in real-time without much pre-conceived notion so I think in a way it doesn't store up as many, but depending on its strength is more able to see whatever is actually present. This makes it good at physical tasks that require improvisation and constant change in reality.

For me, I relate to Se because the literal experience of a sensory immersion cannot be replaced with imagination. I can't just dream of nature to experience it, I have to actually be there. This is a difference I've noticed between myself and iNtuitives. I've known many who love nature, but it is an idea of nature, an abstraction of it, an identity associated with it and the literal experience is more option for them. I also associate Se with feeling peaceful with sensory immersion and even overload. When an environment is chaotic it gives me an anxiety attack, but when it is coherent, then I enjoy overwhelm and intensity. Metal concerts are surprisingly relaxing to me, and looking into a sunset from the top of a mountain. It fills me with energy and balance to feel that immersion and overwhelm.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think there is a different way that Se and Si relate to details. Si is the function that has an internal map of the concrete details and so it can tell if something has changed in an environment. They also know what is expected and so will see things that are off from expectations.

Se perceives details in real-time without much pre-conceived notion so I think in a way it doesn't store up as many, but depending on its strength is more able to see whatever is actually present. This makes it good at physical tasks that require improvisation and constant change in reality.

For me, I relate to Se because the literal experience of a sensory immersion cannot be replaced with imagination. I can't just dream of nature to experience it, I have to actually be there. This is a difference I've noticed between myself and iNtuitives. I've known many who love nature, but it is an idea of nature, an abstraction of it, an identity associated with it and the literal experience is more option for them. I also associate Se with feeling peaceful with sensory immersion and even overload. When an environment is chaotic it gives me an anxiety attack, but when it is coherent, then I enjoy overwhelm and intensity. Metal concerts are surprisingly relaxing to me, and looking into a sunset from the top of a mountain. It fills me with energy and balance to feel that immersion and overwhelm.

I also need to feel and touch things in order for me to be able to process it properly. I need my surroundings to be clean and aesthetically pleasing. I love doing things that don't require me to think but instead to do. I enjoy painting, gazing at a sunset, not to wonder about the meaning, but to savor the details of the moment. Feeling the rush of performing in front of others and with others gives me a feeling of enjoyment of blending in with the moment and others. Being amazed by beautiful clothing and sights.
I guess the only thing about Se is that I don't relate to is that if I'm not being stimulated by something, then I tend to zone out and think about things that I want to do like (thinking of motorbiking or doing something fun later). I'm an Se dom for sure tho when I think about it, I relate to Se too much!

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I vote Se. Se seems more natural to ya-you seem more present oriented and physical activities seem like they're what you really want to do. If you're daydreaming, well, it's cause you're bored and awaiting Se stuff. Technically any type can daydream, although S types tend to daydream about more realistic things.

Chase123

MBTI Type
ESxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I vote Se. Se seems more natural to ya-you seem more present oriented and physical activities seem like they're what you really want to do. If you're daydreaming, well, it's cause you're bored and awaiting Se stuff. Technically any type can daydream, although S types tend to daydream about more realistic things.
Yeah, I'm going for that as well. I can't think of things like going to Mars and building a city there, I need it to be real and tangible. Thanks for the ESTP typing through PM's as well!

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Just be careful how poetically you talk apparently or the N's will try to conscript you. ;)