User Tag List

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Dafuq I just read about the ENFJ

I was just approved for management education so I decided to redo the good old MBTI once again to find out my current management style. Damn, was I in for a surprise.

First of all, I got the ENFJ, which isn't that big of a surprise for someone who's near the 50-50% divider in many of the parameters that the test measures.

Then I read the type descriptions for the ENFJ. I hadn't done that in years, and I've definitely put some distance between me and the MBTI camp in that while.

The descriptions tell that the ENFJ ..

Wow.

So I wasn't all ethical and such before I recieved the ENFJ diploma? Well I'm glad I now have that covered.

I dont really think my personality has changed during the tests, but I've thought more about the project manager's role and personnel issues for the upcoming education.

Tell you what. I'll give you a hybrid of ENTJ and ENFJ. I'll still just work mainly for money to enable my lifestyle and consumption habits, but with a twist. It'll be ethical and it's going to be good for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Years ago I once posted "Business hat on or business hat off?" regarding many questions on the MBTI. Someone replied, "I find it hard to believe there's that big of a difference." There can be. Easily. I don't put much stock into forced-choice questions since the result can merely be an artifact rather than something that carries any serious weight. I prefer a Likert scale.
    Without music, life would be a mistake.
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Any type can be altruistic.

Fe is more like... picking up on and working with social cues, interactive process, group dynamics, and putting "heart" into what you do.

Fe is action-oriented and the action is emotionally charged. So there might be, say, passionately using a lot of force or carefully treading light, as opposed to Te which is more get-the-job-done.
    the lone star flies alone

Getting the job done.
    Putting heart into what you do.

Not mutually exclusive.
    Without music, life would be a mistake.
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Getting the job done.
    Putting heart into what you do.

Not mutually exclusive.
    Those are approximate terms to try and elucidate the distinctions between the two processes.

I really shouldn't have to explicitly state that.

If you have any better way of verbally distinguishing between the phenomenological properties of Fe and Te, then by all means state your ideas.

--

When I say "get the job done" I am referring to the way in which Te neutrally acts according to the facts at hand and the plan of what to do. It doesn't have the same versatile expressiveness that Fe has when dealing with things, and likewise Fe, though excellent in dealing with situations involving steering social dynamics and other tasks involving a kind of receptiveness, has trouble with the systematic mindset needed for more mechnical and business-like tasks.
    the lone star flies alone