• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Typology Questions

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you have a quick question, but you don’t necessarily want to devote an entire thread to it, ask your questions here.

I’ll start. Does this sound like Ni or Ne: someone sees a pen sitting on the table and when asked what it means to them, they answer that it symbolizes revolution.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Literature teacher type

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seems like Ne. Looking for new meanings, perspectives, and possibilities, especially because it's in something external.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Is there any plan from you after you are sure what your type is?

If yes, what are you going to do with the knowledge of your type?

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it really the end of the world as we know it?

Seriously though, how do you do shadow work? As I understand it, you can't fully integrate your secondary function, so how are you supposed to identify your shadow?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
When you have a quick question, but you don’t necessarily want to devote an entire thread to it, ask your questions here.

I’ll start. Does this sound like Ni or Ne: someone sees a pen sitting on the table and when asked what it means to them, they answer that it symbolizes revolution.

Well, my answer to a question like that would be something like "it means I/someone can do some writing". But I thought maybe Ni could answer like that...

Then I thought: why am I giving a very literal, bland answer? i.e. answering with Se instead of Ni...

Because: Se and Ne are reactive whereas Ni and Si are proactive.

So responding to something interpretively would be, I think, Ne rather than Ni.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Is it really the end of the world as we know it?

Things are changing rather rapidly.

Seriously though, how do you do shadow work? As I understand it, you can't fully integrate your secondary function, so how are you supposed to identify your shadow?

Is shadow work synonymous with working on one's weaker functions? Or is it more to do with realising that the things you criticise in others exist in yourself too?

I think in terms of archetypes like the shadow etc. a fair bit but I don't know how universal my understanding is, it's just what works for me.

As I understand it, the shadow is fairly low down on the hierarchy of the unconscious, so it feels like a lot of shadow work would be done by a person fairly early in their life, but maybe that's not the case.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I thought of Ni. Subjective perception that is not immediately apparent to others or particularly related to the physical, real object at all. Ne (which would be coupled with Si) might answer something to the effect of all the possible activities they might be able to do with a pen, what looks like a pen, what reminds them of a pen, maybe fashion an impromptu dagger (impractical, based off Intuitive connections, not Se) out of it and declaring themselves Hero of the Pen. "Anything is a sword if you try hard enough!"

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fascinating. So perhaps it could be either Ni or Ne, depending on one’s thought process and the whys and hows they thought of in explaining the connection?

Or am I wrong?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For a more serious answer, on Intuition in general as a function, there is quite a number of overlap- such as intuitives in general processing things symbolically or through pattern-making. This applies to both NJs (Ni) and NPs (Ne). An easier way to discern would be to look at the type as a whole, because each function is really a shorthand for cognitive functions and they do not work alone, they work together and feed each other information, as well as the understanding that these are preferences and not skills. I can use my left hand if I wanted to, I would just prefer my right, so it doesn't work in a vacuum or as a hard 'this OR that', they are not mutually exclusive.

In the examples presented above by the posters (mine included)- I am sure any type would be able to (i.e; possess the skill, regardless of preference) accomplish the same if they just tried, they just may or may not prefer to (preference), for various reasons related to their MBTI type as a whole, as well as the situation, their experiences, etc.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Ne would have like 100 meanings for the pen depend of the context ... "Just" one vision seems like Ni .

Ne would think : Revolution ... Cool , what's next?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
This question must be correctly answered if you want to arrive at knowledge of your psychological energy within you. Without answering the question correctly, you won't know your energy.
How do you say that you are exhausted or drained or burn out in a particular activities?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Here's one. So I'm a person who gets past impressions a lot. Like if I look at something(picture, object), a flood of memories will come back. It's like looking at a castle and having flashbacks to watching Disney movies on my VCR, or today I saw a soap bottle and my first thought was something out of a magazine I read a long time ago. I have a pretty good memory. But I won't notice the details at first, but the colors and impressions it gives me, the big picture. Like if you're telling me to describe something. Probably a mix of both, but does this sound more Ne or Si?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Here's one. So I'm a person who gets past impressions a lot. Like if I look at something(picture, object), a flood of memories will come back. It's like looking at a castle and having flashbacks to watching Disney movies on my VCR, or today I saw a soap bottle and my first thought was something out of a magazine I read a long time ago. I have a pretty good memory. But I won't notice the details at first, but the colors and impressions it gives me, the big picture. Like if you're telling me to describe something. Probably a mix of both, but does this sound more Ne or Si?

That sounds like textbook Si.

I think Ne would have something to do with seeing the object "in flux", e.g. coming up with an idea of what can be done with the object, or what will happen next. Alternatively, it might relate to perceiving something universal about the object - seeing not the object itself, but rather the form that it takes.

For me, as a conscious Ni and Se user, what I see is just... well, all I can say is that I see what's there. The details, what it is. That's the Se.

For the Ni, I was wondering how that plays into it, so I was looking around the room wondering "where is the Ni perception in this?", and then I realised, that train of thought is the Ni perception. Basically, the Ni comes into play because the objects around me become objects of contemplation - a stimuli that is there while some kind of musing is taking place in my mind where I'm trying to arrive at some truth. (There's likely more to it, too)

Hope this helps.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I have confused with the meaning of these three phrase/words: "to be conscious of", "to be aware of", "to realize".To me they are more or less synonymous. Can you tell us more precise definitions of each?.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I have confused with the meaning of these three phrase/words: "to be conscious of", "to be aware of", "to realize".To me they are more or less synonymous. Can you tell us more precise definitions of each?.

"Conscious of" and "aware of" are pretty close. I guess with "conscious of" though there's a more explicit understanding of something, like, it's not something that you're vaguely aware of in your peripheries, but rather is something that you can possibly state in words. In regards to conscious and unconscious functions, you can be aware of the activity of a function which is unconscious for you, you can even activate it more strongly by calling to it. Conscious with respect to functions refers to the way in which you can wield a process manually through power of intention.

To realise refers to a process of an insight suddenly coming into being. It implies awareness, but more specifically it implies an awareness which wasn't there, but then came to be. So it's related to the other terms but not synonymous.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
An enneagram question-does the reactive triad mean you have to be outwardly reactive? Like I relate a lot to the feelings that reactive triad has(suspicion, doubt, watching for danger, getting upset about my identity), but I don't express them much

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-