User Tag List

First 12

For a more serious answer, on Intuition in general as a function, there is quite a number of overlap- such as intuitives in general processing things symbolically or through pattern-making. This applies to both NJs (Ni) and NPs (Ne). An easier way to discern would be to look at the type as a whole, because each function is really a shorthand for cognitive functions and they do not work alone, they work together and feed each other information, as well as the understanding that these are preferences and not skills. I can use my left hand if I wanted to, I would just prefer my right, so it doesn't work in a vacuum or as a hard 'this OR that', they are not mutually exclusive.

In the examples presented above by the posters (mine included)- I am sure any type would be able to (i.e; possess the skill, regardless of preference) accomplish the same if they just tried, they just may or may not prefer to (preference), for various reasons related to their MBTI type as a whole, as well as the situation, their experiences, etc.
    S K Yγ€€K I N G
    I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was

MBTI
    Fool

Ne would have like 100 meanings for the pen depend of the context ... "Just" one vision seems like Ni .

Ne would think : Revolution ... Cool , what's next?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

This question must be correctly answered if you want to arrive at knowledge of your psychological energy within you. Without answering the question correctly, you won't know your energy.
    How do you say that you are exhausted or drained or burn out in a particular activities?

Amethyst's Snowqueen Bismuth Blitz's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so

Here's one. So I'm a person who gets past impressions a lot. Like if I look at something(picture, object), a flood of memories will come back. It's like looking at a castle and having flashbacks to watching Disney movies on my VCR, or today I saw a soap bottle and my first thought was something out of a magazine I read a long time ago. I have a pretty good memory. But I won't notice the details at first, but the colors and impressions it gives me, the big picture. Like if you're telling me to describe something. Probably a mix of both, but does this sound more Ne or Si?
    But then came the Tongues on that terrible day
    Steadfast as winter, they entered the fray
    And all heard the music of Alduin's doom
    The sweet song of Skyrim, sky-shattering Thu'um

βœΊπ”Έπ•žπ•–π•₯𝕙π•ͺ𝕀π•₯ π”Έπ•£π•”π•™π• π•Ÿ, π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•—π•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•₯ 𝕛𝕖𝕨𝕖𝕝 π•šπ•Ÿ 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•π•’π•Ÿπ••, 𝕒 π•™π•šπ••π••π•–π•Ÿ π•₯𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕀𝕦𝕣𝕖. 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕀𝕠 π•žπ•¦π•”π•™ 𝕓𝕖𝕀π•₯π•šπ•– ✺

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by robobot14 View Post
    Here's one. So I'm a person who gets past impressions a lot. Like if I look at something(picture, object), a flood of memories will come back. It's like looking at a castle and having flashbacks to watching Disney movies on my VCR, or today I saw a soap bottle and my first thought was something out of a magazine I read a long time ago. I have a pretty good memory. But I won't notice the details at first, but the colors and impressions it gives me, the big picture. Like if you're telling me to describe something. Probably a mix of both, but does this sound more Ne or Si?
    That sounds like textbook Si.

I think Ne would have something to do with seeing the object "in flux", e.g. coming up with an idea of what can be done with the object, or what will happen next. Alternatively, it might relate to perceiving something universal about the object - seeing not the object itself, but rather the form that it takes.

For me, as a conscious Ni and Se user, what I see is just... well, all I can say is that I see what's there. The details, what it is. That's the Se.

For the Ni, I was wondering how that plays into it, so I was looking around the room wondering "where is the Ni perception in this?", and then I realised, that train of thought is the Ni perception. Basically, the Ni comes into play because the objects around me become objects of contemplation - a stimuli that is there while some kind of musing is taking place in my mind where I'm trying to arrive at some truth. (There's likely more to it, too)

Hope this helps.
    the lone star flies alone
    Likes Bismuth Blitz liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

I have confused with the meaning of these three phrase/words: "to be conscious of", "to be aware of", "to realize".To me they are more or less synonymous. Can you tell us more precise definitions of each?.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by typologyenthusiast View Post
    I have confused with the meaning of these three phrase/words: "to be conscious of", "to be aware of", "to realize".To me they are more or less synonymous. Can you tell us more precise definitions of each?.
    "Conscious of" and "aware of" are pretty close. I guess with "conscious of" though there's a more explicit understanding of something, like, it's not something that you're vaguely aware of in your peripheries, but rather is something that you can possibly state in words. In regards to conscious and unconscious functions, you can be aware of the activity of a function which is unconscious for you, you can even activate it more strongly by calling to it. Conscious with respect to functions refers to the way in which you can wield a process manually through power of intention.

To realise refers to a process of an insight suddenly coming into being. It implies awareness, but more specifically it implies an awareness which wasn't there, but then came to be. So it's related to the other terms but not synonymous.
    the lone star flies alone
    Likes typologyenthusiast liked this post

Amethyst's Snowqueen Bismuth Blitz's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so

An enneagram question-does the reactive triad mean you have to be outwardly reactive? Like I relate a lot to the feelings that reactive triad has(suspicion, doubt, watching for danger, getting upset about my identity), but I don't express them much
    But then came the Tongues on that terrible day
    Steadfast as winter, they entered the fray
    And all heard the music of Alduin's doom
    The sweet song of Skyrim, sky-shattering Thu'um

βœΊπ”Έπ•žπ•–π•₯𝕙π•ͺ𝕀π•₯ π”Έπ•£π•”π•™π• π•Ÿ, π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•—π•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•₯ 𝕛𝕖𝕨𝕖𝕝 π•šπ•Ÿ 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•π•’π•Ÿπ••, 𝕒 π•™π•šπ••π••π•–π•Ÿ π•₯𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕀𝕦𝕣𝕖. 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕀𝕠 π•žπ•¦π•”π•™ 𝕓𝕖𝕀π•₯π•šπ•– ✺

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

This is also my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenetta
    I was just wondering, when a person has one function as their dominant
    domiant func thread
    I have my answer only to give some hint whether your primary is a rational (Ti, Te, Fi, Fe)or irrational ones ( Ni,Ne,Si,Se)
    Rational or Irrational?