• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Is this Ni?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Is the inclination to silently do things like this Ni? Or in the very least to be conscious of the existence of such influences?

sRW1Lds.jpg

Also, feel free to use this thread whenever you want to ask others about Ni.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it's conscious, how would it be Ni?

My question: How I make collages to represent other forum members, is that Ni?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
That sounds like Fi.
Fi is related to emotional equilibrium/harmony,
I've noticed when my Fi activates, sometimes I will do emotional regulations things,
Related to things like breathing and other more subtle things.

rav3n

It sounds more like Se and Fe. Se would be concrete awareness of the environment (heartbeat awareness) and Fe would be the people oriented environmental harmonization aspect (breathing and heartbeat synch).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It sounds more like Se and Fe. Se would be concrete awareness of the environment (heartbeat awareness) and Fe would be the people oriented environmental harmonization aspect (breathing and heartbeat synch).

Awareness of one's own heartbeat would be introversion though wouldn't it? So there'd have to be an introverted function involved.

rav3n

Awareness of one's own heartbeat would be introversion though wouldn't it? So there'd have to be an introverted function involved.
Depends. It's possible to use your dom and then flip to your tert. It only becomes problematic when it's repetitive and you're trapped like that, hence looping.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
It's not Fi, and it's not Se.

Let me change it up a little bit just to get straight to the bone marrow here (surely that must be better than "the meat").

Let's say this person had no idea that syncing breath or heartbeat was a thing. Let's say this person still, on their own, came to this conclusion. They were lying there in bed, with their partner, and noticed their partner's stress and how it was manifesting physically. Seemingly without thought, they find themselves suddenly struck with the idea to attempt to mimic their partner's biophysical patterns with the intent of manipulating the patterns into a more peaceful, balanced state. I will withdraw the word "consciously" and replace it with... maybe "actively"? I dunno if that's even the right word, but my point is that this process of intuiting cause and effect, all occurring on this very silent, internal level... doesn't that in essence sum up Ni?

My thoughts feel scattered right now, so hopefully I am communicating somewhat effectively.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
As for feeling orientation, it could be either Fi or Fe. That is a judgement function, so it's really just the why behind the what, and all I want to talk about here is the what.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Let me change it up a little bit just to get straight to the bone marrow here (surely that must be better than "the meat").

Let's say this person had no idea that syncing breath or heartbeat was a thing. Let's say this person still, on their own, came to this conclusion. They were lying there in bed, with their partner, and noticed their partner's stress and how it was manifesting physically. Seemingly without thought, they find themselves suddenly struck with the idea to attempt to mimic their partner's biophysical patterns with the intent of manipulating the patterns into a more peaceful, balanced state. I will withdraw the word "consciously" and replace it with... maybe "actively"? I dunno if that's even the right word, but my point is that this process of intuiting cause and effect, all occurring on this very silent, internal level... doesn't that in essence sum up Ni?

My thoughts feel scattered right now, so hopefully I am communicating somewhat effectively.

I understand what you mean... I really hope someone can explain if it is Ni. I would really like to understand Ni better. And be better able to recognize it when I use it.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like Te to me.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

I still think it's Fi, because of what I said. Fi is linked to emotional equilibrium, and when I myself use Fi it links to breathing.

I don't know, I already said that.

Ni is like... detaching to ponder on something by letting ideas flow through the mind... idk how to explain it, but I can't see it being linked to this.

Fe, maybe, because it's like taking care of someone... I sometimes change my breath rate to calm my cat down, idk,.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps they came to the conclusion via Ni but the actual process of syncing heartbeat and breathing involved Se

Would make sense if we consider Ni and Se to operate as two sides of the same coin, or better yet think of Ni as an internal software system using analytics gathered from Se external sensing tech

Se would be more external based in its perception. Ni is perception too, albeit perception and analysis of information gathered externally. They are both processes operating in tandem, one needs feedback from the other to operate optimally

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Perhaps they came to the conclusion via Ni but the actual process of syncing heartbeat and breathing involved Se

Would make sense if we consider Ni and Se to operate as two sides of the same coin, or better yet think of Ni as an internal software system using analytics gathered from Se external sensing tech

Se would be more external based in its perception. Ni is perception too, albeit perception and analysis of information gathered externally. They are both processes operating in tandem, one needs feedback from the other to operate optimally

That was my line of thought as well.

I feel though that if the idea strikes before the syncing, and then a decision is made to try it out, it's Ni.

If syncing happened first, and then the awareness of the calming effect happened second, then it would be Se, or maybe even Si/Ne.

It really depends on order and orientation here. If I snuggled up to my partner to encourage feelings of warmth within my body, and then thought "what if I do this to see if this happens?", that would be Si followed by Ne.

I think in order to understand functions, one has to be able to sorta jump into the shoes of their opposite orientations to understand the directional part of it, perhaps not literally as in using them that way, but abstractly as in, say, imagining what the physical sensations of being an Se dominant type would be, how your eyes would be pulled to your surroundings in a very anchored sense (as opposed to how I almost literally never actually focus on an item visually because I am somehow always coiled into my own head, which results in constant autopilot mode).

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is often said that human beings rely more heavily on vision than any of the other senses. This seems especially true of INJs, who often report a strong visual element to their Introverted Intuition. They often think by way of images rather than words. Their intuitions often manifest in the form of symbols, images, dreams, or patterns. This is consistent with Jung’s characterization of the Ni type as a dreamer, artist, or seer. There is a distinct visual character to these notions, which is why vision-related terms—foresight, insight, seer, visionary, etc.—are invariably used in describing INJs.

In his memoir, On Writing, Stephen King (INTJ) describes his process of writing novels. He is adamant about the fact that he does not consciously plan or piecemeal the plot or direction of his stories. Rather his stories emerge from his unconscious as preexisting wholes, requiring little as far as conscious effort or planning. Other INJ novelists report similar experiences, feeling that once they have established the spigot to their creative unconscious their ideas seem to flow effortlessly and without volition.

Introverted Intuition (Ni): An Inside Look

In relation to the collages I've made and posted around the forum, the above makes me realize I am using Ni somewhat for those. I can't imagine being able to have a novel flow the same way, but I strongly resist overthinking and having to explain the collages I have made. I just have done what feels natural and sometimes will step away to see that somehow things fit together in a way that I wasn't consciously planning.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Ni Awareness of Symbolic Meaning
Psyche with this introvertedly intuitive psyhological function is aware somewhat instinctively whether the subject/the person comphrehend/doesn’t symbolic meaning. It is an awareness that can be a starting point to further search for symbolic understanding. When a psyche is not aware of whether it doesn’t/does understand the symbolic meaning, it is unlikely that the psyche will seek for it; instead, It is highly likely that it will ignore it.
If the psyche is determined to understand the meaning of symbol, the natural response of the psyche should be to search for the meaning. Since symbolic misunderstanding is potentially problematic, A serious attempt should be undertaken to understand it, if the person is determined to understand what the symbol means. I remember in working a research paper, I downloaded from the net a lot of mathematical symbol with its meaning from the net, even though my research paper had nothing to do with it. To download mathematical notation with its meaning was an irrelevant activity to do although it was happened. What I am aware of is that there is always meaning of the symbols. However, the problem is that I am not always aware of is what their spesific meaning is.

A Symbolic Mathematical Notation
The "=" is read “is equal to”. The symbol denotes meaning “is equal to” also, the
+”is read plus, means “to add”,
“ -“ read minus, means “to substract”. When someone changes symbol, the meaning will also change. As what I learn from Math, When a symbol shows itself, it needs to be understood before we will be able to take action based on the Symbol. Trying to solve mathematical problem without comphrehending what the symbol of operation means won’t be possible. Like when “+” is there, what we have to do is to add the number before and after the plus sign and if there is no “=” written, we shouldn’t write down the result.
Symbolic Hyeroglyph & Mesopotamian Character
There could be a lot of symbols utilized outside mathematics.When I was in the sixth grade elementary school, I was copying Hyeroglyph to an agenda book, trying to understand the Egyptian Hyeroglyph which, by nature, is symbolic. But, Merely copying Egyptian Hyeroglyph to an agenda book could not make me understand the symbols. I didn’t conduct any research to understand it, because I couldn’t. In six grade of elementary school, I did not go to the local library to find any litterature. I hadn’t been introduced to the internet. If I am not mistaken, google, the search engine hadn’t been founded by Lary Page and his co-founder Sergey Brin. Google was initially established one year after the event. So it was not actionable for me to browse by googling. But that event signifies that I have grown an enthusiasm in symbolic things when I was a kid: Egyptian Hyeroglypgh, Mesopotamian writing.

Function of Symbol
The function of using Symbol is to convey meaning in a much shorter way than saying it in words. It is also used for saving time, since writing it in a full sentences spend more time and also spaces. Writing ”=” required much shorter time than writing “is equal to” even though it conveys the same meaning. Furthermore,
writing down “=” requires lesser space than fully writing down “is equal to”. However, the meaning of the symbols, is usually not written down to near to the symbol. It is frequently ommitted instead. So only the psyche who can decipher that meaning can gain the correct understanding of the symbol.
##Symbols can denote a lot of meanings in just one picture. One symbols can convey a lot of meanings to the dechiperer. However the meaning that is grasped depends on how many meaning the psyche can be aware of. It is possible that there is meaning that is left not grasped.
Symbol can be correctly understood but it can also be misunderstood. When I am aware that there is a symbol, what I should do is to seek for meaning and be aware that I can also misunderstood the symbol.

Egyptian Hyeroglyph Stone Carver and Jung’s Time is a child
Jung’s Stone Carving: “Time is a Child” is also symbolic which meaning can be comphrehended with psyche with introverted intuitive and they will be the type that will get attracted to it to the extent to which they will try to comprehend the meaning.
I am inclined to say that the Hieroglyph stone carver that carved the ancient writing thousands years ago with Jung must have been gifted with the same Psychological functions although they may differ with structure of dominant,aux, etc, since both of them have been able to accomplish the similar work: a stone carving. Since Jung main was authors of his psychological theories, with which made him identified as Ni-Fe, Jung must have used his Ti, as his tertiary function paired with Se, when he carved the stone several decades ago. But the hieroglyph stone carver could have used Ti Primary-Se auxiliary when finishing the his carving thousands years ago although the hieroglyph stone carver may also have used Ni-Fe, Ti-Se. I just can't tell that because I have never read the same psychological/spiritual written by the ancient egyptian Priest work as I read Jung's even though I have heard that the ancient egyptian has some spiritual writing like the "book of the dead"
Book of the Dead - Wikipedia.

Hieroglyph
What were Egyptian hieroglyphs? - BBC Bitesize
Mesopotamian writing
Cuneiform - Mesopotamian Writing in Wedges
An Archeologist Ought to Be A psyche With Ni
Ancient stone carvings will eventually be discovered by Archeologist. Archeologist who is naturally inclined to comphrehend or dechiper the meaning of symbolic ancient writing and stone carving like the Egyptian hieroglyph is likely to have an Ni. There are 8 types with Ni: ESFP, ESTP, ENFJ, ENTJ, ISTP, INFJ, ISFP, INTJ. But, since archeological research tends to demand physical and outdoor work, like shown in the movie and game: Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, their dominant psychological functions to work enthusiastically without grief of draining or exhausting has to be the Extrovert sensation.
P.S I copied the hieroglyph by hand writing. Neither did I use a photocopy machine, printing machine, nor any mechanical or electronic device. At the time I did that, I did that without any assignment from a teacher.

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

When you write it this way, ie no prior knowledge, just 'suddenly struck with the idea', and then trying it out, sure, it might tie to intuition or a 'hunch', since it's not based on any specific knowledge (though it could be pulling various things together to come up with the idea/theory).

But what's described in the OP isn't this at all. (It references existing knowledge combined with emotional awareness of partner and then acting accordingly)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
When you write it this way, ie no prior knowledge, just 'suddenly struck with the idea', and then trying it out, sure, it might tie to intuition or a 'hunch', since it's not based on any specific knowledge (though it could be pulling various things together to come up with the idea/theory).

But what's described in the OP isn't this at all. (It references existing knowledge combined with emotional awareness of partner and then acting accordingly)

Okay, that's fair, but that isn't the question I want answered. I want the question I asked to be answered. :D

I like the socionics description of Ni.

I hate Socionics, but that's because it is boring to me.
Feel free to enlighten me though.