• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and positions on morality

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I always score as an FJ, but I would not call myself a moralistic person at all.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
FJ: "We are one and we all want the same things. What's good for us all is also good for each one of us. There's a right and wrong way to act towards our fellow human beings, although it seems too many are confused about right and wrong and need guidance."
FP: "It's each and every individual with their own needs who matters most. So many people forget this when they act like they know what's best for everyone else. Live and let live."
TJ: "It's the consequences of actions which determine their right and wrong, regardless of how we feel about them. We all need to be held accountable to each other for our actions in order to maintain social stability."
TP: "Morality is a construct decided upon by society to control others, and thus has little intrinsic value. It's the needs of the situation which matters most."

Based off the OP alone, I would say that TJ TP resonate the most with me for practical getting along in the system. I can see FJ being good for when one has to get by with a soft touch, but the FP doesnt really seem possible as Id like. I like the idea of it, I wish it were more wide spread, and it makes a lot of sense to me, but given the way things are out there ime, well when I was young, and my heart was an open book. I used to say live and let live. I know I did. I really did. but in this ever changing world in which we live in, has made me give in and cry: To live and let die.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
My MO is basically " Own your shit." yes, I strongly believe that we are all 100% responsible for our own choices and no, I don't have sympathy for those who refuse who accept the consequences of thier poor choices.

However, I also believe in chaos theory: Even if you do everything 100% correct, you are not the only variable and sometimes things go to hell despite your best best efforts and intentions. Therefore I put morality entirely on one's choices, but not necessarily the outcome.

rav3n

Fi = internal morality
Fe = external social homogeneity
Ti = guiding internal logical principles/ethical framework reliance
Te = external focus of is it a logical conclusion and does it work?

Now pair them per type.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Anyone who tries to place a constant set of values in a world full of changing contexts, soon discovers the limitation of employing a rigid and unthinking system of morality.

The limitations of both logic and emotions at their most extreme levels, shows how inadequate relying too much on one or the other is.

Having said that, it's hard not to have a pattern to your behaviour, not least because of how our brains work. And most of us here may not have found their idea of morality tested by a difficult situation or decision.

As I've said elsewhere on here, most moralising is intellectual masturbation and lip-service until it is tested by having to make difficult decisions under duress.