• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Functions Am I Experiencing?

ghouse

Hey All,

So I'm trying to understand two specific cognitive/behavioral tendencies I've been observing in myself.

The first is a near incessant questioning of my thoughts and decisions. If I think something I will subsequently ask myself, "How do you know that?" or "What do you mean by that?"

Additionally, I'm constantly thinking about myself and trying to understand myself better by developing explanations for why I do what I do.

Which cognitive functions do you think are responsible for each of these behaviors?

Thanks

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
"Developing explanations" would be either Te or Fe. Those are the functions which put things into words (other functions use words more sparingly).

The questioning might be Ni, and in which case the explanations from Te/Fe are paired with Ni. That's my guess.

Also, your writing style strikes me as more Fe than Te.

(of course, there's not much to go on)

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The first is a near incessant questioning of my thoughts and decisions. If I think something I will subsequently ask myself, "How do you know that?" or "What do you mean by that?"

Schizophrenia.

Additionally, I'm constantly thinking about myself

Narcissism.

You need help.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:doh: to previous responses.

Are you analyzing whether you're being logically correct? Whether you're being morally correct in terms of your own values?

I'd say that I spend a lot of time introspecting, analyzing, and questioning to make sure that I am living according to my values. So I attribute that to my own to Fi. But if you analyze based on more of an objective perspective, I would have guessed it to be Ti. I could be wrong. Elaborating and giving a specific example would probably help.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'd say that I spend a lot of time introspecting, analyzing, and questioning to make sure that I am living according to my values. So I attribute that to my own to Fi.

That sounds very serious. Better check a professional.

ghouse

Luminous, I think it's more about being logically correct, or perhaps more accurately having valid justification for my beliefs/thoughts.

For example, there have been times in the past when I've gotten hungry and questioned the hunger; not from the standpoint of "should I be hungry" or "is it right to be hungry", but more "Am I hungry?"

Hopefully that's a good enough example.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I think you sound like an ennea-type 6, and that's where your questioning of self is coming from. Maybe 6w5.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Luminous, I think it's more about being logically correct, or perhaps more accurately having valid justification for my beliefs/thoughts.

For example, there have been times in the past when I've gotten hungry and questioned the hunger; not from the standpoint of "should I be hungry" or "is it right to be hungry", but more "Am I hungry?"

Hopefully that's a good enough example.

I think you want to be said that it's Ti.
I think it's pretty natural.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Luminous, I think it's more about being logically correct, or perhaps more accurately having valid justification for my beliefs/thoughts. For example, there have been times in the past when I've gotten hungry and questioned the hunger; not from the standpoint of "should I be hungry" or "is it right to be hungry", but more "Am I hungry?" Hopefully that's a good enough example.
I dunno, I feel that is all fi or te....especially the very first questions.

rav3n

Hey All,

So I'm trying to understand two specific cognitive/behavioral tendencies I've been observing in myself.

Additionally, I'm constantly thinking about myself and trying to understand myself better by developing explanations for why I do what I do.

Which cognitive functions do you think are responsible for each of these behaviors?

Thanks
Since they're subject focused, rather than object focused, they're introverted functions. They maybe the result of the same function or function combination.

Jaguar

Hey All,

Thanks

It sounds like your consciousness and unconsciousness are at war. Look at the larger picture, devoid of individual functions and function-attitudes.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It’s not unhealthy to second guess oneself from time to time