User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

Default Is this Te? If not, WTF is it????

Hi, all...I am asking this because some colleagues and loved ones exhibit this behavior that I find both aborrent and fascinating...
    Whenever met with new people, whether it's people on some Facebook neighborhood website wanting to buy something you're selling, or whether it's a new employee, my coworkers or family members will say something to the extent of, "let's 'stalk' this person a little bit and see what they're all about..."
    And then they proceed to look at said stranger's Facebook page or general internet research of published books, Instagram pictures, etc to see how said stranger is like....
    I never say anything, but just smile and internally feel a bit squeamish that someone is out there reading up on a complete stranger they will exchange a few moments with if that....it feels a bit intrusive to me...so I am wondering what that function they are using is...because I don't think I consciously use it... Any thoughts?

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't think it's Te, I'm not sure what it is though. I got the impression of introverted perception of some variety.
    the lone star flies alone
    Likes Yuu liked this post

Maybe Si?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Si? I don't think it's Te.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    HIGH Fi

Probably perverted Ne
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Dare observing your shadows (50 shades of darkness) for your own well-being Unfortunately we are all fucking contagious Smile and see what happens around you......
    Likes cacaia, chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by cacaia View Post
    Hi, all...I am asking this because some colleagues and loved ones exhibit this behavior that I find both aborrent and fascinating...
    Whenever met with new people, whether it's people on some Facebook neighborhood website wanting to buy something you're selling, or whether it's a new employee, my coworkers or family members will say something to the extent of, "let's 'stalk' this person a little bit and see what they're all about..."
    And then they proceed to look at said stranger's Facebook page or general internet research of published books, Instagram pictures, etc to see how said stranger is like....
    I never say anything, but just smile and internally feel a bit squeamish that someone is out there reading up on a complete stranger they will exchange a few moments with if that....it feels a bit intrusive to me...so I am wondering what that function they are using is...because I don't think I consciously use it... Any thoughts?
    Why on earth would this be Te? I think if "Te" wanted to 'learn about someone' they would go and talk to them.

This sounds more like a sort of neurosis-insisting on learning about people but being too paranoid to just go talk to them-than any function.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

Yeah, I can see it's confusing for you guys, too....I've been trying to analyze it for weeks now and haven't really been able to pin it down...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

I'm starting to lean more and more toward the perverted Ne theory 😅

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by cacaia View Post
    Yeah, I can see it's confusing for you guys, too....I've been trying to analyze it for weeks now and haven't really been able to pin it down...
    I think it's perfectly in line with a society which spends so much in the digital world rather than the physical. They're a lost cause; save yourself.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

This isn't really anything. It's a culture/in-group behavior.

Likes cascadeco, Yuu liked this post

Te? Come on, now. All it sounds like to me is you are surrounded by rodents.
    Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Likes cacaia liked this post