• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type me! XXFX

Marine93

Hello. I need help please. Please tell me what you pick up off these few things I mention . I take in information in order to relay it back to myself and see where I stand with it and if I feel any connection to it or not I also take it in to better understand my environment. I do not enjoy debates. During arguments I will usually avoid them but if they upset me I am right up in your face with strong questions abd statements to resolve and better underatand the situation. I am only interested in theories that open my mind but will not tale them as true until I see facts. I like theories that can be apploed to real life. The information I loom for all of the time is to help me better understand myself others. I am interestrd in other dimension s physics and the spiritual realms . I feel a stribg spiritual connection inside me that feel as if it guides me constantly like a pull in a direction. Good bad right wrong and the grey areas in between things. I am so values oriented that ive had situations where I had to pick betwee.n someone I love or my values and my valuea always win. I cannot ignore that part of me. I love nature photography and feel a connection . im highly sensitive to my environment eirher I am hyper aware or spaced out. It gets annoying. I I crave sacred true . I am wondering if I havent been able to develop the Re function much due to having multiple injuries throughout my life because before I was an adrenaline junkie as a kid and participated in so many activities. I think being out on a board in the ocean makes me feel alive. I nesd intense alive wide awake honest true sincere good hearted love comfort affection knowledge deeper understanding. I do not trust my instincts often enough when it comes to understanding others and they are truly always right. I always feel like I need solid proof even if my gut instocts feel like they kbow what happened. I always seem to know what is appropriate or not feelings wise what is rational what isnt how things should be. Even if I may not always follow it. I am a go getter love going out there but at the same time can only absorb so much of the world before I want to with draw. I think I am an ambivert. My p/ j are sometimes close but thats learned behavior because my mom is an I/enfj and mgmt dad was either enfp or enfp leaning towards esfp. I have both of them in me but maybe more of my dad is characteristics but also feel I relate to both sp and nf temperments. I want to help others at a close level and also eventually on a grand level. The more I can help the more my soul feels at ease. But also shaping my own unique self is just as important. Please let me know. I was told on reddit that I am isfp most of the time and enfp when needed. I wouldnt be suprised if it was true because that is exactly how my behavior is.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You sound like you could be an XSFP in MBTI. For Enneagram you may have 9 and 2 in your tritype, not sure about a head fix. As for Instinctual Variants maybe Sx/So.

This is just a quick guess, though. Good luck! :)

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Based just on your OP and this April OP, my lean would be INFP.

I don't know what tests you've taken (if any), but the official MBTI is really the only MBTI-related test that has a lot of psychometric support behind it. If you've never taken it, here's an online copy. It doesn't score you automatically, but it shows which preference corresponds to each response, so you can calculate your result for each dimension. I'd be curious to see your scores.

And in case you're up for taking it and are interested in some guidance with respect to the proper "frame of mind," here's what the MBTI Manual says:

Some people have trouble finding the correct frame of mind for answering the MBTI. When reporting the results to some people, they say they reported their "work self," "school self," "ideal self," or some other self they now consider atypical. The frame of reference desired in respondents is what has been termed the "shoes-off self." The "shoes-off self" fosters an attitude in which one functions naturally, smoothly, and effortlessly, and in which one is not going "against one's grain." The function of the MBTI is to provide the first step toward understanding one's natural preferences.​

Just in case you're interested — and only if you're interested — in a boatload of type-me-related input from me, you'll find it in a 10-post series that starts here. Those posts include a separate section on each of the four MBTI dimensions, roundups of online profiles for each of the 16 types, and a brief intro to Neuroticism — not to mention a provocative discussion of that perennial puzzler, "can I haz INFx?"

Another one of the issues discussed in that roundup is the MBTI and artistic interests/creativity, and in case you've been led to believe that ISFP is a more likely arts-oriented type than INFP, the opposite is actually true (and not by a small margin). INFP is arguably the single most likely artist type (with INFJ and INTP both runner-up contenders), while ISFPs are relatively unlikely artist types. The "ISFP as artist" notion came from David Keirsey, and I think Keirsey had quite a few insightful things to say, but the ISFP=artist thing was probably his biggest mistake. For quite a lot more on that issue (stats included), see this post.

Shadow Play

Another one of the issues discussed in that roundup is the MBTI and artistic interests/creativity, and in case you've been led to believe that ISFP is a more likely arts-oriented type than INFP, the opposite is actually true (and not by a small margin). INFP is arguably the single most likely artist type (with INFJ and INTP both runner-up contenders), while ISFPs are relatively unlikely artist types. The "ISFP as artist" notion came from David Keirsey, and I think Keirsey had quite a few insightful things to say, but the ISFP=artist thing was probably his biggest mistake. For quite a lot more on that issue (stats included), see this post.

Below is a list of types whose average scores are 85-100 for "Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media" as a job family. Rankings (1st, 2nd, 3rd) are allocated based on job satisfaction scores for each type, as opposed to how they compare against other types.

INFP: 100 (1st)
ENTP: 100 (1st)
ENFJ: 97 (2nd)
INFJ: 93 (2nd)
ENFP: 91 (2nd)
INTP: 85 (3rd)

Interestingly enough, ENTPs are equal to INFPs in most attractive job families at number one, with an average job satisfaction of 100 for both types.

As we can see, there is a strong skew towards N, and mild skews towards F and P. One could argue that's a self-fulfilling prophecy, since a test taker who chooses responses describing them as 'creative' or 'imaginative' is obviously more likely to have artistic interests, but the correlation between an N preference and high Openness on the Big 5 suggests those adjectives are meaningful descriptors. Although popular culture portrays artistic types as these tortured introverts, when it comes to pursuing a career as an artist or creative, introversion doesn't play much of a contributing factor at all.

NTJs were outliers in preferring "Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media". ENTJs ranked high at 82, but that was 6th equal to Computers and Mathematics. INTJs ranked lowest out of all Ns at 54 - that's nearly 30 points lower than ENTJ!

If there's one caveat I could make, it's the grouping together of 'Sports' with the other careers, along with the vague catch-all term of 'Entertainment' which can encompass anything from game show hosts to street performers. Thus, some interpretation is necessary in determining the extent to which the job family describes artists.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Below is a list of types whose average scores are 85-100 for "Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media" as a job family. ...

Although popular culture portrays artistic types as these tortured introverts, when it comes to pursuing a career as an artist or creative, introversion doesn't play much of a contributing factor at all.
If there's one caveat I could make, it's the grouping together of 'Sports' with the other careers, along with the vague catch-all term of 'Entertainment' which can encompass anything from game show hosts to street performers. Thus, some interpretation is necessary in determining the extent to which the job family describes artists.

I think you're right to emphasize that that job category was a fairly broad category that I assume wasn't mostly made up of what I'd tend to call creative artists.

FWIW, on the subject of E/I and actually making a living as a creative artist, and with apologies to the ENFPs in the audience, here's some seven-year-old recycled reckful from another forum:

----------------------------------------------------------------

I think many (most?) of the regular (or semi-regular) ENFP posters here at the forum are not far from the borderline on I/E, so that's a complication, but I'd say strong-E ENFPs (at least) are significantly more likely to be artist wannabes than successful artists.

I'd say it's typical for an ENFP to want to be "creative," and to view art (more than, say, an NT would) as a form of self-expression. An ENFP, like many NFs, will have a tendency to feel like she's a unique person in some interesting ways and has "things to say" (interesting insights, perspectives, etc.) that the world would appreciate if she could just find the time to "work on her art." And, being an E, she really likes the idea of receiving the appreciation/validation that she'd get if her art was well received.

But the thing is... A typical creative artist who's actually successful at it — and it can't be overemphasized what a tiny percentage that is of the people who give it a try (or would like to give it a try) — is more often an introvert. If you look at a typical novelist's youth, for example, you're likely to find that she was the type who not only "loved books" (an ENFP might say that, too), but actually spent much of her time alone reading, while the other kids (the ENFPs among them) were engaging in more social activities with the other kids. There are exceptions, but the majority of successful serious ("literary") novelists are people who, besides having interesting things to say (or an unusual perspective, or whatever) are also people who manage to produce way-above-average novels at least in part because of literary knowledgeability and skills that are mostly the province of voracious readers.

As a second point, you're a typical ENFP (in my experience) in thinking in terms of doing something "creative" rather than having a passionate focus on a particular kind of art. You say you "haven't had time to invest in a writing or music career." Well, maybe you'll prove to be one of the exceptions, but I'd say if you were someone who was destined to be a successful novelist, you'd have a more definite and specific urge to write novels, rather than being someone whose primary desire is to do something creative, and who views writing and music as two possible avenues you might end up using as a vehicle for expressing your soul's unique perspectives for the world to understand and appreciate. Similarly, most successful musical artists are people whose lives, to a significant extent, revolved around music from the time they were teenagers (if not sooner). They didn't just have an urge to express themselves creatively; they freaking loved making music, and loved it to an extent that it's how they spent much of their spare time — as compared to the enthusiastic ENFP who may "love music" among the umpteen things she loves, but doesn't put the fanatical amounts of time into it (at the expense of socializing and other possible interests) that tend to characterize the early days of the professional musician.

Shadow Play

FWIW, on the subject of E/I and actually making a living as a creative artist, and with apologies to the ENFPs in the audience, here's some seven-year-old recycled reckful from another forum:

----------------------------------------------------------------

I think many (most?) of the regular (or semi-regular) ENFP posters here at the forum are not far from the borderline on I/E, so that's a complication, but I'd say strong-E ENFPs (at least) are significantly more likely to be artist wannabes than successful artists.

I'd say it's typical for an ENFP to want to be "creative," and to view art (more than, say, an NT would) as a form of self-expression. An ENFP, like many NFs, will have a tendency to feel like she's a unique person in some interesting ways and has "things to say" (interesting insights, perspectives, etc.) that the world would appreciate if she could just find the time to "work on her art." And, being an E, she really likes the idea of receiving the appreciation/validation that she'd get if her art was well received.

But the thing is... A typical creative artist who's actually successful at it — and it can't be overemphasized what a tiny percentage that is of the people who give it a try (or would like to give it a try) — is more often an introvert. If you look at a typical novelist's youth, for example, you're likely to find that she was the type who not only "loved books" (an ENFP might say that, too), but actually spent much of her time alone reading, while the other kids (the ENFPs among them) were engaging in more social activities with the other kids. There are exceptions, but the majority of successful serious ("literary") novelists are people who, besides having interesting things to say (or an unusual perspective, or whatever) are also people who manage to produce way-above-average novels at least in part because of literary knowledgeability and skills that are mostly the province of voracious readers.

As a second point, you're a typical ENFP (in my experience) in thinking in terms of doing something "creative" rather than having a passionate focus on a particular kind of art. You say you "haven't had time to invest in a writing or music career." Well, maybe you'll prove to be one of the exceptions, but I'd say if you were someone who was destined to be a successful novelist, you'd have a more definite and specific urge to write novels, rather than being someone whose primary desire is to do something creative, and who views writing and music as two possible avenues you might end up using as a vehicle for expressing your soul's unique perspectives for the world to understand and appreciate. Similarly, most successful musical artists are people whose lives, to a significant extent, revolved around music from the time they were teenagers (if not sooner). They didn't just have an urge to express themselves creatively; they freaking loved making music, and loved it to an extent that it's how they spent much of their spare time — as compared to the enthusiastic ENFP who may "love music" among the umpteen things she loves, but doesn't put the fanatical amounts of time into it (at the expense of socializing and other possible interests) that tend to characterize the early days of the professional musician.

I think there's something to the notion that an introvert, at least compared to an extravert and without accounting for J/P differences, is more likely to have a laser focus that would be conductive to developing a niche skill set, along with maybe possessing narrower interests. This is a crucial quality to have in pursuing a career as a musician or writer because of the dedication required to make it.

What about those pursuing a marketable creative career? There's a fair amount of demand for graphic designers and advertising campaign coordinators. I could see there being a plurality of extraverts pursuing that line of work.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
May I also add here that there is a difference between types and art. From my personal experience, SJs tend to go for aesthetics only, it seems. They are also more prone to watch how-tos on youtube and follow what they see.
NJs and NPs will not be caught dead watching how tos- they will create their own experiment. These artists are more bound to go for hidden meanings in art- they hide little clues in their art and they paint things that may be symbolic/ idea driven vs aesthetically pleasing....
...feel free to comment otherwise, but this is what I've noticed....

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
May I also add here that there is a difference between types and art. From my personal experience, SJs tend to go for aesthetics only, it seems. They are also more prone to watch how-tos on youtube and follow what they see.
NJs and NPs will not be caught dead watching how tos- they will create their own experiment. These artists are more bound to go for hidden meanings in art- they hide little clues in their art and they paint things that may be symbolic/ idea driven vs aesthetically pleasing....
...feel free to comment otherwise, but this is what I've noticed....

I agree 1 million percent re my being disinclined to watch how-to's on youtube. :laugh: I do in fact want to learn on my own / come up with my own style and way of painting. However I have always been drawn to aesthetics and I don't paint with hidden meanings. I paint what I am inspired by, and color and design are important components and sometimes themes.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mmmm....by the way you describe yourself, I see some Fi and Te in your preferences...so INFP, as stated by Reckful, sounds indeed like a possibility...