• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How each type uses dating sites and to what extend ?

Who did you find on dating sites ?

• I don't use dating sites, no way !

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Multiple adventures

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Sex friend(s) and that's it !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mates/friends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boyfriend/girlfriend

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Husband/wife

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (pen friend/correspondance)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol, you will never know who is at the opposite side of the monitor, because there are a lot of fake profiles and in 2019 it's not difficult to create this one. For example, I was texting with a cute girl using dating site and when we had a date, to me came a fat boy and said it's a prank. But it was strange that such case happened at all, because that dating site had a high moderation and sms verification, but it turned out, that that boy used services like from this site mobilesms.io, with the help of which people can create a lot of fake accounts passing the phone number verification... I will never trust a man until the moment I will meet him in real life

I have a few males connaissances who told me there are indeed many fake ones, you are right.Transsexual or prostitutes.
It is what I call the trolls of dating sites.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tried at one period but all I got is "unhealthy people" so I quickly stopped. Although here dating sites don't contain too much people and you can quickly grasp the whole "offer" ... so if you aren't satisfied you can just leave. Especially since even that offer is still within mono-culture.

What do you mean when you say "dating sites don't contain too much people".....and "mono-culture" ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Do you mean you are less healthy than you, unstable, or immature ? :fairy:

What do you mean when you say "dating sites don't contain too much people".....and "mono-culture" ?

Long story short: yes they were much less healthy than me and pretty insecure. So I quickly lost interest.

What I meant with " not many people" is that even in the city of 1 million people on the dating site there many not be more than 20-30 active girls. While the mono-culture is simply: everyone is white, either catholic or atheist, likes similar music ... there just isn't much diversity and if you don't like "mainstream" you will have a problem with finding people you want to talk to. Especially since there isn't that many girls on the site in the first place. So I left and didn't really look back ... I am even kinda proud with myself about this.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
:ninja:

What type was that beast ?

Is angry dick stuff type related ?

TJ and enneatype 8w9, social-blind. So in this case, yes. I miss all of his positives though... healthy 8s are super solid people and very caring in a particular way which can't be imitated by any other type, and their physical presence, especially with 9-wing, is rather... grounding/comforting/sexy.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
TJ and enneatype 8w9, social-blind. So in this case, yes. I miss all of his positives though... healthy 8s are super solid people and very caring in a particular way which can't be imitated by any other type, and their physical presence, especially with 9-wing, is rather... grounding/comforting/sexy.

Social-blind ?:shock:

Well I don't attract super grounded and solid guys. That comes from my vibes and my archetype. :dry:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't use dating sites because I'm waiting for my true soul mate to magically appear and take me away. The sad part is that I am actually doing exactly that and I can't change.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't use dating sites because I'm waiting for my true soul mate to magically appear and take me away. The sad part is that I am actually doing exactly that and I can't change.

Magically appear :blush:

NiTech

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haven't tried them and don't care for them either. I move around too much as well.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

51aOfnyIzuL.jpg

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps, but this is what people assume - that if something isn't real, if it is imagined, then it is idealized. I'm not waiting for a perfect man. My soul mate is difficult in some ways, but I don't want anyone else.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did you already suscribe to a dating site, why : was there a special event in your life that led you to that decision? If yes, at this time were you just curious, did you feel alone or other motivations (sex, drug and rock'n roll) ?

I did, for jokes. I put in a false name, a picture of a landscape, and listed the wrong sex for myself to see what it's like being a woman in a space where their womanhood is a factor of interest. I got bored within 10 minutes and uninstalled.

Are you honest towards the person you seduce online or is it just a game ?
If I ever do flirt, it is always a game.

If my response ties to my type whatsoever it'd be that I have no relational type in my enneagram and I'm sx-last, also being an MBTI Introvert but that last bit is cherrypicking. I am far more interested in keeping contacts to minimum and being on dating sites is counterproductive to that in one of the worst ways. It's like being in a bar, just that you can log out of it any time- my signing up was only for jokes.

rav3n

Tried a local pay site once when I was trying to shake up my life a few years ago. Luck was really with me since I met another noob to online dating in about an hour, where it's likely we would have continued dating since he's a great guy, except that I had some unfinished business with another guy (not from the online dating site). For that matter, we might still be together which would have been unfortunate since once the unfinished business became finished, my husband who was an ex from a couple years prior, wouldn't have recontacted since he waited until I was single before doing so. Life's strange that way, with all its twists and turns but can end up well. It could have also twisted badly, had I remained with the unfinished business guy.

IMO, pay sites are worth their price since people appear more motivated to connect in a romantic relationship sense, rather than for casual sex or ego boosting. That said, the local site is a relationship oriented site so this was likely why.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've been on numerous dating sites and gone on numerous dates none of which turned into a relationship.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have made a small handful of friends (including one of my favorite people) off of dating websites, and that's it. No sex, no relationships. I've been using dating websites for several years now, so the prospect is not looking too favorable at this point.

Enneagram
9w1
I'm the type to delete their account after being a sent a message by the website itself instead of an actual human.

Anyways I just look for interesting people. To talk to.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you already suscribe to a dating site, why : was there a special event in your life that led you to that decision ?

I personally refuse to subscribe to a dating site.

First of all, I don't want to advertise myself in any way. I don't want to put some picture and bio of myself as an attempt to get people to "be interested" in me. It seems artificial. Also, I don't have enough self-confidence to actually flirt, so how can I sell myself if I hate myself?

I would love to discover which kind of personality is more prone to "virtual love".

Do you feel free when meeting someone in the virtual world or on the contrary do you have a tendency to feel limited ?

Who tried first to meet" in reality", you or your partner ?

Are you honest towards the person you seduce online or is it just a game ?

Do you feel you can trust the "virtual partner" or you don't give any trust before meeting him/her ?

Please help me understanding the many motivations behind those mysterious screens.

While I am against myself using dating sites, I have become infatuated with a couple of people online and those feelings have been as strong as real-life infatuations. Just from talking to them regularly and getting to know them through our online conversations. I feel much freer in revealing more information about myself when talking on an Internet platform, because I don't feel confident speaking. Trust depends on the person, I don't tend to give away my trust unless I see that they appear to trust me first, so it's much like in person. Of course I'm as honest with them as I can be. I don't respect anyone who would treat a person online like they are a game just because they may not ever meet. I'm also against playing games with people in the real world, just seems like a waste of time.

However, I've never gotten into a relationship with any of my Internet infatuations and I have refused to meet everyone I could have met online, because of social anxiety.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm not a believer in dating apps, but I'd love to be convinced otherwise (because I think it's way harder to meet people IRL now.) I have this observation that if two people are both approaching their 1st interaction through the lens of "this is our first romantic interaction / date," things are already kind of shot. I'm also not sure what my type is but FWIW a lot of people thought I was ESFJ back in the day.