User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who did you find on dating sites ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't use dating sites, no way !

8 61.54%
  • Multiple adventures

0 0%
  • Sex friend(s) and that's it !

0 0%
  • Mates/friends

0 0%
  • Boyfriend/girlfriend

1 7.69%
  • Husband/wife

2 15.38%
  • Other (pen friend/correspondance)

2 15.38%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was on OKCupid for awhile some years back.

Went on two dates with one guy who was interested in me. (ISTJ?) He was a nice guy but not what I was interested in, so I broke that off.

Another guy hounded me for weeks (ENTJ guy), so I finally met him once just because I knew he wouldn't stop until I disappointed him. So yeah, the differences were really apparent when we got together and we had a good time talking to each other but nothing after. There was another guy, but much older and some kind of E guy, and he was too idiosyncratic and controlling. So I knew I wasn't interested before we stopped talking, I just liked the attention for awhile.

Nothing else really. Tried a few other dating sites briefly, but didn't find anyone of interest.

I'm up for virtual love because it gives a wider pool to select from for someone like me, but typically I find I have gotten into actual relationships by meeting someone IRL through a shared interest.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't think so. Just too much that's incompatible/unhealthy to sort through. I think there's also sometimes the mindset that people will keep their profile up even after finding someone, just in case there is someone better out there.
    Likes Chaotic Symphony liked this post

I just went online to meet people. My extroverted side was stir crazy. I was a bit risky but relied mostly on my gut to feel people out. (Immediately blocked people who I felt off about after I talked to them a bit...i usually could predict pretty well based off a few messages). I had a few one night stands and FWBs, essentially. Nothing too bad happened.

These were the most positive highlights:

1. I reached out to an INTJ, connected really well, dated for a couple of months, partially imploded on my end due to some compatibility issues, and then eventually became close, solid friends.

2. I met an ENTJ because I figured out that he and the INTJ dated the same crazy woman. We became casual friends.

3. I was just being my complimentary, emotive self when @Tater thought I was flirting with him. However, since I had already decided on a year-long hiatus from dating, I was thinking, "ooohh, another friend" and was kind of oblivious to his interest for a few weeks. I started falling for him after awhile.

A dating site? No. I can spend and have spent years alone. I just let time roll on. It happens or it doesn’t was usually my philosophy.

My best friend’s wife decided she’d be my dating site and matched me up with her good friend because that’s just her way. Glad she did.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    A dating site? No. I can spend and have spent years alone. I just let time roll on. It happens or it doesn’t was usually my philosophy.
    I never used such sites either. My method, if you can even call it that, was simply to live life and do the things that interest me, on the principle that I would be more likely to meet compatible people in such settings.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Falcarius liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I never used such sites either. My method, if you can even call it that, was simply to live life and do the things that interest me, on the principle that I would be more likely to meet compatible people in such settings.
    A very practical approach to the situation. Not that I’d expect anything less.

I just can’t get past the forced nature of the whole online dating scenario. Depending on the situation, I can be very old fashioned. Clicking and swiping through profiles doesn’t allow for that perception of someone’s energy. It’s all too polished advertising and not enough raw interaction for me. To each their own though.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    I just can’t get past the forced nature of the whole online dating scenario. Depending on the situation, I can be very old fashioned. Clicking and swiping through profiles doesn’t allow for that perception of someone’s energy. It’s all too polished advertising and not enough raw interaction for me. To each their own though.
    That's not at all what my experience was like. Tinder is the site that's all about swiping and not really my thing. I used a site that utilizes questionnaires that are basically personality tests. Afterward, I was provided with a list of men in the order that was supposedly most complimentary to me. There was a screening process of course where I would get messages from weirdos and just tell them to fuck off, but I did eventually come across a very handsome man who was standing in front of a large print of a blue Buddha, which caught my eye (both he and the art). We began chatting in private after I looked over his personal profile and liked what I saw (I had a profile too, and it was very raw and authentic, as I'm sure you can imagine).

It was quite honestly the most pure chemistry I've ever had with a man. I wish he wasn't such an angry dick in the end.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    That's not at all what my experience was like. Tinder is the site that's all about swiping and not really my thing. I used a site that utilizes questionnaires that are basically personality tests. Afterward, I was provided with a list of men in the order that was supposedly most complimentary to me. There was a screening process of course where I would get messages from weirdos and just tell them to fuck off, but I did eventually come across a very handsome man who was standing in front of a large print of a blue Buddha, which caught my eye (both he and the art). We began chatting in private after I looked over his personal profile and liked what I saw (I had a profile too, and it was very raw and authentic, as I'm sure you can imagine).

It was quite honestly the most pure chemistry I've ever had with a man. I wish he wasn't such an angry dick in the end.
    I’ve never used any of them. I’ve just had people tell me about them. The concept is just something that doesn’t sit well with me personally. That doesn’t mean someone else can’t find success with them. I’m sure there are plenty of long term relationships that have resulted from the process.
    J. A. Baker

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    HIGH Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ogata View Post
    Lots of unsolicited pictures.
    Yes well this kind of phenomenon has become rather common unfortunately. Killing the notion of "far away erotism" by excellence.

A study says in 2017 here in France 53 % of women from 18 to 34 have received this kind of pictures. 3 on 4 had asked nothing.

There is still this 1 on 4 though.....

It is said here that only 5% of the online meetings result in a longtime relationship.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Dare observing your shadows (50 shades of darkness) for your own well-being Unfortunately we are all fucking contagious Smile and see what happens around you......

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    HIGH Fi

I am very much interested by "online psychology" and even the subject of seduction let's be honest. Because it could be a strenght if used with expertise.

On the contrary, in most cases, it has become terrible. Being an idealist I have learnt with time the traps....of imagination and projection.

What is very appealing to me is the number of people there, the differences, the different levels of consciousness. People open themselves much more than if you bump into them in the street.

People do dare more stuffs online as they can hide and protect themselves. Very often you can test people very easily and feel their intentions in a click of an eye (or a finger).

Anyway everyone takes me for their psychoanalyst on a dating site if I let my true nature come out

I view it like a theatre where all the actors are wearing masks, and indeed, after the show, when you can finally see their real face, it quite be very very much soooo disappointing....

It had been said our brain (The unconscious) cannot make the difference between what is real and the dream world.

It is also an interesting laboratory to create to know better how some human beings work. You become conscious that many use seduction technics so yes getting less spontaneous, but also more realistic.

I thought I had been learning about my unconscious because of the many works and because I had been lying on a couch several times with a Dr Freud (well not with but behind or in front, my fantasies won't come out here god grace).

My curiosity does not decrease. Only my bits and pieces of innocence do.

Thanks to you all for your answers
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Dare observing your shadows (50 shades of darkness) for your own well-being Unfortunately we are all fucking contagious Smile and see what happens around you......