• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] high iQ people and MBTI

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Everyone who has iQ above 110 can consider himself as intelligent person. It goes rough over 135.

#ISTJ and #ESTP with high iQ cannot see other judgment then logical and they very easily become some "big" in the system and devour all their opponents (because their framework collect only what is already know to them and they become stubborn and headstrong to defend it (S). While on other hand #INTJ and #ENTP becomes fascinated by people and want to collect all piece of puzzle for big picture. This is why N people as intelligent they are more, they have a reputation of "mad scientist" and also feel "misunderstood", "freak" etc.

Intellegent (high iQ) #ENTJ and #ENFJ has a problem that they cannot see what is in front of them. So instead accept facts they will push their vision even they know it is truth. #ENTJ because of over-confidence in his ability and #ENFJ because of pride.On the another and intelligent #INTP and #INFP will just ignore all the experience what they learn in life and continue to blindly push their ideals or theory for sake of JUSTIFICATION. This leads to look at world with naive eyes who repeat same mistake over and over again!

intelligent #ESTJ and #ESFJ have a problem to see beyond their framework so instead look at "what it could be done" they are so detached to their skills do the point they develop thinking which cannot change and which is resistible for change. They called it attitude.On another hand intelligent #ISTP and #ISFP will just ignore all visions what is not based on skills and push their ideals and theory for the sake of theory and ideals. Instead justify someone behave they will judge them based on theory or ideal they hold with passion.

Intelligent #INFJ and #ENFP has a problem of fascination of logic, science and others non-people stuff (naturally with high iQ) because they want to complete REAL BIG PICTURE. Because of that, they can be as cold more they are friendly and warm and perceived to others as thinkers. On the another hand Intellgent #ISFJ and #ESFP cannot see anything what is not their people framework. Because of that they are high open and warm to others but also can label someone just because it doesn't fit in their box of thinking when comes to people.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe it's a good thing that I'm not all that bright. I was somewhere between 106-118 on my test decades ago. (I was "retarded" in math and memory, but language command boosted my overall score.)
I'm an INFP and I have a very "live and let live" attitude towards life... though I can dig in my heels when it comes to religion.

My hubby (I think) is an ISTJ, but he falls under what you've written about INTJ/ENTP. He's a genius and extremely misunderstood.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On the another and intelligent #INTP and #INFP will just ignore all the experience what they learn in life and continue to blindly push their ideals or theory for sake of JUSTIFICATION. This leads to look at world with naive eyes who repeat same mistake over and over again!

I'll just focus on this one as my own type is there, though there are many questions to be asked about your entire post - why would someone that is supposedly so intelligent ignore all their experience and what they have learned in favour of pushing their "ideals" or "theories" blindly, and why on Earth would someone that is supposedly so intelligent repeatedly make the same mistakes over and over again. Repeating the same mistakes again and again is the opposite of intelligent.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'll just focus on this one as my own type is there, though there are many questions to be asked about your entire post - why would someone that is supposedly so intelligent ignore all their experience and what they have learned in favour of pushing their "ideals" or "theories" blindly, and why on Earth would someone that is supposedly so intelligent repeatedly make the same mistakes over and over again. Repeating the same mistakes again and again is the opposite of intelligent.

Naivety (purity of soul) is essence of intelligence because of Ne -> Si.
You are what you see in others. So INTP see everybody as smart and INFP as good and expect from others to be just like them.
Ne always want to see something else in thing with saying "But he did this things because..." , "Maybe this is not how suppose to be..." See? Naivety and intelligence come with open-mind. :D
Because of that Ne --> Si can see in something good where others cannot and because of that they can be labeled by others as stupid while they aren't.
People who have very high iQ are very often INTP and INFP as well ENFP. :bye:

Now you wonder how intelligent ISTJ and ESTP become easily successful businessmen and administrators.
Because ISTJ is one big data machine who accept facts from books and then apply it to real world with Te.
As ISTJ is more intelligent he has not a duty but a target to be someone big in system because he know many things and he feels that he deserves it by his all life work! (Yeah, looking in the past becomes a bitch while time flow forward :D)
ESTP possess extraordinary sense of reality, sense to act in right moment, sense to do something just because he can (and to don't care about consequences which makes life a lot of easier unlike TJ. HE WILL DO IT OR DON'T AND IF DON'T HE WILL TRY SOMETHING ELSE - SIMPLE MIND ), also he doesn't care about morality like some N types, nor he choose to create something but rather choose to stole IDEA from someone.For N stealing from someone is boring and stealing as a way for success doesn't come in their mind because CREATION comes first and as person is intelligent IDEAS BECOME MAGNIFICENT AND WALLAH .

Think about INTJ and ESTP like Tesla and Edison and Tesla (INTJ) sentence: "I don't cere because they stole my idea, I care because they don't have their own" ;)

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nah, I'm good.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Naivety (purity of soul) is essence of intelligence because of Ne -> Si.
You are what you see in others. So INTP see everybody as smart and INFP as good and expect from others to be just like them.
Ne always want to see something else in thing with saying "But he did this things because..." , "Maybe this is not how suppose to be..." See? Naivety and intelligence come with open-mind. :D
Because of that Ne --> Si can see in something good where others cannot and because of that they can be labeled by others as stupid while they aren't.
People who have very high iQ are very often INTP and INFP as well ENFP. :bye:

Now you wonder how intelligent ISTJ and ESTP become easily successful businessmen and administrators.
Because ISTJ is one big data machine who accept facts from books and then apply it to real world with Te.
As ISTJ is more intelligent he has not a duty but a target to be someone big in system because he know many things and he feels that he deserves it by his all life work! (Yeah, looking in the past becomes a bitch while time flow forward :D)
ESTP possess extraordinary sense of reality, sense to act in right moment, sense to do something just because he can (and to don't care about consequences which makes life a lot of easier unlike TJ. HE WILL DO IT OR DON'T AND IF DON'T HE WILL TRY SOMETHING ELSE - SIMPLE MIND ), also he doesn't care about morality like some N types, nor he choose to create something but rather choose to stole IDEA from someone.For N stealing from someone is boring and stealing as a way for success doesn't come in their mind because CREATION comes first and as person is intelligent IDEAS BECOME MAGNIFICENT AND WALLAH .

Think about INTJ and ESTP like Tesla and Edison and Tesla (INTJ) sentence: "I don't cere because they stole my idea, I care because they don't have their own" ;)

well, being an INFP and possibly in what you are calling "gifted" (I don't know exactly how you are defining it but i suspect i may fall in it anyway)...I do relate a lot to what you have said here. IQ does not change someone's essential personality make-up. N gives someone the ability to make connections that may not be obvious to many others, while Fi is very subjective, feeling based "prone to be misunderstood" (in Jung's own words)...and you combine that, and yes you can very much get the version of 'gifted INFP' you mention here.

And yes, INFP is one of the types correlated with higher percentage of gifted individuals within that group, compared to other groups. Here's a study for instance:http://psych.wisc.edu/henriques/papers/Sak.pdf

I do have a lot of issue with people understanding me, when they don't know me. I try very hard but am shut down or seen as maybe unintelligent because I dare mention something that isn't already written down/is the traditional wisdom/knowledge. :shrug:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now do it in reverse.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Maybe it's a good thing that I'm not all that bright. I was somewhere between 106-118 on my test decades ago. (I was "retarded" in math and memory, but language command boosted my overall score.)
I'm an INFP and I have a very "live and let live" attitude towards life... though I can dig in my heels when it comes to religion.

My hubby (I think) is an ISTJ, but he falls under what you've written about INTJ/ENTP. He's a genius and extremely misunderstood.

There's plenty of people with High IQ who are horrible at Math...It boils down to the type of test that was taken since there is a relatively broad range. There is a mix of fluid reasoning and crystallized reasoning. Some may score much higher on the fluid sections, which tests pattern recognition capacity. Yet, the lower scores in the other sub-sections will dampen the overall score. Memory is directly proportional to focus, so ADD can negatively influence it. Processing speed is connected to neurotransmitter output and metabolic rate, which are functions of genetics. If you continually attempt to connect disparate info over the course of a lifetime, then pattern recognition skills will be increased. However, the rate of change in any such skill depends on cognition capacity or genetics. I am strong with Abstract Math, yet my ability to process social input is hindered. We all tend to gravitate towards activities that align with strengths, which will relate to higher sub-scores in certain areas relative to others. If someone has a broader range of strengths or is continually immersing themselves in different stimulating environments, then the sub-scores will likely be more balanced. Conversely, narrower interests would have the propensity to lead to a discrepancy among sub-scores. Thus, the overall score doesn't give the entire picture in terms of capabilities, as it may be masked....It only indicates potential confined to some domain.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you, [MENTION=38084]hurl3y4456[/MENTION]
I guess my natural skills would have to be language and music. My people skills mostly were strengthened because of my environment and personality type.
ADD is a definite possibility. I've taken the meds of relatives during emergencies and while they do help me stay awake, they don't make me bounce off the walls. I can concentrate and focus and it is such a wonderful thing lol. Getting a diagnosis and meds, as an adult in my State, is nearly impossible though.

Most of my problem, though, is laziness. ADD shouldn't get worse with age lol. Because of games and apps and instant gratification, I no longer HAVE to work at certain things. I don't HAVE to deal with frustrations and feeling stupid when I can just ask Google. I continue to gravitate towards the things that interest me, while my handicaps worsen from inattentiveness.
There IS something wrong with my brain (possible ADD and dyscalculia). But instead of trying to strengthen the weaknesses, I just stopped caring. Feeling frustrated and stupid is a huge motivator of avoidant behavior.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Thank you, [MENTION=38084]hurl3y4456[/MENTION]
I guess my natural skills would have to be language and music. My people skills mostly were strengthened because of my environment and personality type.
ADD is a definite possibility. I've taken the meds of relatives during emergencies and while they do help me stay awake, they don't make me bounce off the walls. I can concentrate and focus and it is such a wonderful thing lol. Getting a diagnosis and meds, as an adult in my State, is nearly impossible though.

Most of my problem, though, is laziness. ADD shouldn't get worse with age lol. Because of games and apps and instant gratification, I no longer HAVE to work at certain things. I don't HAVE to deal with frustrations and feeling stupid when I can just ask Google. I continue to gravitate towards the things that interest me, while my handicaps worsen from inattentiveness.
There IS something wrong with my brain (possible ADD and dyscalculia). But instead of trying to strengthen the weaknesses, I just stopped caring. Feeling frustrated and stupid is a huge motivator of avoidant behavior.

Funny enough i think reading can help alot with that and creating more structure in your life , i'm intp i hate structures but if we want to be better we need some of that.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Heh, [MENTION=36808]Non_xsense[/MENTION] but you have to care to begin with lol. I used to read all the time. I absolutely loved reading. But now, it's just meh. I can't remember the last time I cracked open a book.
I read a lot online, but I probably scan and read more than I actually digestively read.

I think a lot of it comes down to: I'm 45 years old. I know my strengths and weaknesses. I know what skills I need for my day to day life. I can reasonably predict which skills I'll need in the future. Why frustrate myself with the rest of it?
Yet, that is just an excuse. I frequently lament my lack of focus in pursuing things I DO need and enjoy.
I guess, it's just a weighing of the pros and cons and the discipline to push myself out of my comfort zone.

And ROFL " i hate structures but if we want to be better we need some of that." When doing personality tests, when it asks such questions, I'm always torn. I HATE structure and deadlines... yet I also love them and crave them and actively rebel against them (resenting anyone who tries to enforce them).
I know I need them and do better with them... but I hate structure SO MUCH regardless :rolleyes:

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so what did you base this on? bias and type descriptions?

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Heh, [MENTION=36808]Non_xsense[/MENTION] but you have to care to begin with lol. I used to read all the time. I absolutely loved reading. But now, it's just meh. I can't remember the last time I cracked open a book.
I read a lot online, but I probably scan and read more than I actually digestively read.

I think a lot of it comes down to: I'm 45 years old. I know my strengths and weaknesses. I know what skills I need for my day to day life. I can reasonably predict which skills I'll need in the future. Why frustrate myself with the rest of it?
Yet, that is just an excuse. I frequently lament my lack of focus in pursuing things I DO need and enjoy.
I guess, it's just a weighing of the pros and cons and the discipline to push myself out of my comfort zone.

And ROFL " i hate structures but if we want to be better we need some of that." When doing personality tests, when it asks such questions, I'm always torn. I HATE structure and deadlines... yet I also love them and crave them and actively rebel against them (resenting anyone who tries to enforce them).
I know I need them and do better with them... but I hate structure SO MUCH regardless :rolleyes:

Hahaha man , Isn't infp the true "melancholic" as intp i can't even reach that Fi Tho we shared alot too ...

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hahaha man , Isn't infp the true "melancholic" as intp i can't even reach that Fi Tho we shared alot too ...

I honestly don’t know about that, lol. What about Fi?
I guess my laziness has always been a point of angst to one degree or another. Almost 20 years ago I came up with a saying: “Wisdom does not a wise man make. It’s the application of knowledge which makes one wise.”
In other words: I’m great at “soul searching” and knowing WHY I’m a certain way. I might even know HOW I can improve things. Actually DOING it, though? Lol, ain’t got time for all that :p

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Think about N and S as filters to get information and Ti/Fi and Te/Fe as filter for judging that information. Now if your have open channel for information from world as your 1st function you as intelligent you are more, you don't just perceive one side of story but another one as well. In case that you are function is like N - T - F (you will get fascinate with F judging - people stuff) and in case that your function is N - F - T (you will fascinate with T judging - non people stuff). Why? Because your 1st or YOU says that you are OPEN FILTER FOR WORLD. Now if you are not intelligent enough and you are N you will see only one side, despise how open you are. Because you will believe that others is a duty to understand your complex personality instead you understand them. That's a stupid thinking for someone leads by open mind. Now if you lead with CLOSE FILTER FOR INFORMATION (S) you will take only what is familiar to you. So if you prefer T over F CLOSE FILTER S will get ONLY T but not the F side of story so in case of ISTJ and ESTP it leads to success very easily. As stupid you are S begin to see another perspective (bad experience and learn from own stupidity) and as intelligent you are more confident in you skills and what you done.

Now you are J type (lead by T or F) then it dependence how you judging with facts (external) or with theory and idea (internal).
Theory means I believe or I think in something without proof. This is opposite looking of world for Te and Fe which say I judge world with real measures, real values etc. (***FACTS***)
Now if you in your judging process prefer OPEN FILTER (N) OVER CLOSE FILTER (S) and you are intelligent you will so believe in filter which dominates.
For example if you prefer N over S you will believe in you ability to right judge things to the point that you forget that you can be wrong too.
Why? Because of your intelligence. As intelligent you are more your pride is weak spot and for ENxJ PRIDE IS SOMETHING THEY HOLD.
And if you prefer CLOSE FILTER then you will judge the world only by facts. You pride comes from what you done in your life so as intelligent you are more pride what you did become higher and so you become to be closed for other perspectives.

Now for theory and ideas (Ti/Fi) if you prefer OPEN FILTER and you are intelligent, same story as Te/Fe you will hold it. This lead that you as intellegent INTP or INFP will often "Maybe this is not how suppose to be..." See? Ignoring experience. Ji with N generate nativity, justification totally opposite when Ji is combine with S when there is resourcefulness and black and white thinking because you your personal theory and idea SEE AS ULTIMATE TRUTH. See? CLOSE FILTER HOLDING. Of course as intelligent you are more you wil judge your self base on your extraordinary ability, you will know who are so you will see everything as black and white (smart/stupid or good/evil) based on theory without all facts to support it. :D

4222.jpg

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
What do you have, a little scoreboard?

Triggered ESTJ ha-ha (if you talk to me) or you are not at all Te user (if you stand your look at world) but I think you are ExTP 8w7 since you get triggered by military system and now scoreboard system. Theory means nothing. Only that you have Ti. :bye:

Jaguar

Triggered ESTJ ha-ha (if you talk to me) or you are not at all Te user (if you stand your look at world) but I think you are ExTP 8w7 since you get triggered by military system and now scoreboard system. Theory means nothing. Only that you have Ti. :bye:

If you can't answer a direct question without reacting like a Mexican jumping bean, don't bother posting.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
If you can't answer a direct question without reacting like a Mexican jumping bean, don't bother posting.

First you don't be smartass in the room trying to testing me because you cannot even choose A or B answer in tests. Typically for dom Ne. :bye:

And second if you cannot read something about your personality and not be triggered in typology forum then why are you there? :unsure:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
This is terribly inaccurate.

Pe dom excels at gathering new, whether it be patterns (Ne) or data (Se). Pe dom struggles with organization, either of the data (Ne dom) or the patterns (Se dom).

Pi dom is the reverse of the above and struggles with gathering new information/perspective.

Je dom excels at organizing/leading others, whether it be ethically focused (Fe) or efficiency focused (Te). Je dom struggles with staying in touch with their inner compass, whether it be "is this in line with my subjective logical reasoning?" (Fe dom) or "is this in line with my subjective ethical reasoning?" (Te dom)

Ji dom is the reverse of the above and struggles with putting their own subjective reasoning aside to do what works best for the collective.

None of this is dependent on intelligence quotient

Pro tip: If you're trying to narrow down someone's type, track their biggest freakouts for awhile. It will always point to their inferior function.

Examples:

"Why do I do this for them?! I'm so dumb and I never learn!" or "That's it! I'm DONE caring and sacrificing for others, and if anyone needs me, then too bad!" indicates dominant Fe with inferior (unhealthy) Ti digging its heels in (because it's a subjective judging function which is a deciding function rooted within the self.

or:
"Ugh, I have to fill out that paperwork that is due tomorrow, and I forgot to pay that bill, and if my boss tells me how to do my job one more time, I'm gonna quit!" indicates Ne with inferior Si resisting being organized (controlled/restricted) because it's overwhelming (or rather underwhelming) to their creative perceptive (gathering) process.