• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Se vs Si video

The Seeker 1994

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9 4
6.45- YouTube (The Se user fully immerses themselves in the moment. The Si user would be reminded of their Aunts bush)

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes, but the question is- what if you use both, within minutes of each other? Such as - Take in the smell of the flower, sigh at its delightful fragrance, savor it for being the only rose with that exact smell, and THEN think about your aunt's bush, etc, etc?????

The Seeker 1994

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9 4
Yes, but the question is- what if you use both, within minutes of each other? Such as - Take in the smell of the flower, sigh at its delightful fragrance, savor it for being the only rose with that exact smell, and THEN think about your aunt's bush, etc, etc?????

Well then it's Si, Se users immerse themselves in the moment and think of NOTHING ELSE, like here at 23.00- YouTube

This is how Keirsey describes SPs for example
"How is it possible, for instance, for baseball players to hit a one hundred mile-per-hour fastball? Or for basketball players to hit so small a target from so far
away? Of course they must swing their bats and shoot their jump shots daily, and for long hours. But other types could do that and still not attain the SPs' prowess. While others attempt their motions they are all too often concerned about what is going on elsewhere, or at some other time. The Artisans' only concern is what is happening here at this very moment, andthis makes them the masters of timing and graceful movement. "

If you're thinking of something else then you're not doing both.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE

Se users derive maximum sensory pleasure by immersing themselves with as much sensory input over a time span as possible. Memory is a function of contemplation of inputs...Because Si is introverted, the inputs are translated internally because the user transcends the senses as an isolated component...meaning, there existed some time in between the intake of new inputs...Se users are constantly soaking up each input to derive pleasure, and need not create potential from the inputs...Otherwise, the pleasure would be reduced...It can be hard to explain my thoughts at times, so this post may be convoluted.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Se users derive maximum sensory pleasure by immersing themselves with as much sensory input over a time span as possible. Memory is a function of contemplation of inputs...Because Si is introverted, the inputs are translated internally because the user transcends the senses as an isolated component...meaning, there existed some time in between the intake of new inputs...Se users are constantly soaking up each input to derive pleasure, and need not create potential from the inputs...Otherwise, the pleasure would be reduced...It can be hard to explain my thoughts at times, so this post may be convoluted.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Threads like these make me want to take a comprehensive, detailed test of se vs si. Because on tests, I usually score Se higher than Si, but in conversations such as these, I gravitate towards Si, so it's just confusing to pin down.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do think when people have Sensing as an inferior function it can be more difficult to identify it. Steve Vai is a perfect example of strong Se but also a secondary sort of Ni.

I feel like I'm rather pure Se and find an ongoing quiet confusion and conflict with Si. I've lived most of my life with Si users. I see them as imprinting with sensory experience for good or bad. There is a need to recreate past experiences, a detailed sense of preferences, a sense of identity based on their sensory expectations and judgements.

One positive aspect of Se for me is that past experience doesn't seem to harm me in the same way as it does Si users. I find I don't think categorically about music, movies, food, sexuality, etc. It makes one extremely adaptable in the short term but incompatible in the long term in certain ways. I find myself sexually incompatible with Si oriented people. There are too many specifics that are hard for me to remember. One partner wouldn't let me touch him in any way for a couple hours after eating. There are tons of sensitive, rigid, absolute requirements like that I can't keep track of, keep forgetting, and then keep getting my Fi hurt. I also cannot create if I think of any label, category, or judgement. I know what Vai was talking about.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my Se makes me look inconsistent and maybe unpredictable to Si users. My aunt is confused that I love classical and metal music and myriad other forms. Si users are more consistent in their preference and capable of an informed elitism that escapes me. I don't really dismiss anything but embrace for what it is not for what it isn't.

I also knew an ENFP with a complex and detailed criticism of the Star Wars movies. I could never think that way because I have no internal expectation for what any of those movies are "supposed" to be. I just take it for what it is.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think my Se makes me look inconsistent and maybe unpredictable to Si users. My aunt is confused that I love classical and metal music and myriad other forms. Si users are more consistent in their preference and capable of an informed elitism that escapes me. I don't really dismiss anything but embrace for what it is not for what it isn't.

I also knew an ENFP with a complex and detailed criticism of the Star Wars movies. I could never think that way because I have no internal expectation for what any of those movies are "supposed" to be. I just take it for what it is.

I agree with mostly everything you said.
Also, I can't understand the concept of nostalgia- I read somewhere that this is Si used mainly as a tertiary function. Fits my husband like a glove- he looks through old childhood photographs over and over and goes to the same places that have a strong memory for him. I definitely don't work that way. I may go over photographs with other people, telling them the story behind them, but otherwise I won't really look at the photos or go to places that bring back memories.
Same goes for books: When I'm done with a book, I'm done with it, and probably will never read it again.
But my husband loves a few titles and he reads them over and over...