• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Description Project

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I think it would be advantageous for our members to collaborate in creating profiles for each type. Often, people have an idea of their temperament, but have little grasp on their actual type, for various reasons.

Let us draft profiles that are not generalisations--that is what all the other sites have done. You may read a description--knowing full well that you are that type based on your understanding of the cognitive processes--and disagree with much that is said, because they are applying behaviors and things that have very little to do with the functions themselves to the type.

Let us draft profiles that are based on fact and not guesswork.

Example: An INFP is such because they are dominant Fi, auxiliary Ne, etc. Describing how the INFP's Fi and Ne manifest is much more helpful to someone than telling them that INFP's are friendly, shy idealists.

Explaining expressly that extroversion is based on an orientation to perception and not on how gregarious you are is an example of something we need to find in an ENFP profile.

Why should we not seek this opportunity, as members of the biggest MBTI forum on the internet, to write original profiles together so that we can direct new and existing members who question their type or are interested in learning about other types to resources within our control?

Does anyone feel me on this?

Who would like to contribute their knowledge, experience, or--if nothing else--good vibes to this project?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So where did you want to start? Did you want us just throwing in bits and pieces here, or do you have a little list in mind? "INTP - Insert observations on this here.." sort of thing?

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Lets get some J's on this project, because all I want to do is throw my 2 cents in here and there.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
An idea of the skeleton for each type's description:

Description of how the functions manifest and interact (< this is where our original content will go; that which we will collaborate upon.. The fun part!)
Perhaps a list of insightful threads that illuminate the type
Links to external sources pertaining to the type and/or its functions at work

All of this, if we choose to embark upon this project, will take quite some time, so you can get comfortable.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let us draft profiles that are not generalisations--that is what all the other sites have done. You may read a description--knowing full well that you are that type based on your understanding of the cognitive processes--and disagree with much that is said, because they are applying behaviors and things that have very little to do with the functions themselves to the type.

Let us draft profiles that are based on fact and not guesswork.

Example: An INFP is such because they are dominant Fi, auxiliary Ne, etc. Describing how the INFP's Fi and Ne manifest is much more helpful to someone than telling them that INFP's are friendly, shy idealists.

:yes: I am very much in agreement with you on this.

I think Bluewing's profiles were attempting to go this route, so that could be a starting point. Definitely agree though that NF's should write NF profiles.

Who would like to contribute their knowledge, experience, or--if nothing else--good vibes to this project?

Don't know that I have the knowledge/experience, but I can send good vibes your way and if you have any questions on my own experiences, just shoot a note. ;-)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
we could just post keirsey's please understand me profiles lol that would be quicker

EDIT:

600th post

sick

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
But Also!! The fact that this is in the NF only section is sorta bugging me. I know sometimes insight from people outside of us helps. I mean ;) You could always just delete any sassy talk that arised. But if the project's goal is accurate descriptions.. I think we need more than just NFs to help alleviate biasness..es.es..ss.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't care where the thread lays so long as it doesn't devolve into idiocy.

Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Ehh, it's too bad. I've lost interest since this was posted in teh NF Private Forum. *sigh*