• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

John Cleese- Introverted Intuition

The Seeker 1994

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9 4
A fascinating interview if you're an MBTI enthusiast- YouTube The main part 10.59- 14.23, this is where Jung and MBTI contradict each other, Myers when taking about J types meant that the person likes resolution and closure and P types meant that they like to keep their options open, they prefer uncertainty. Cleese is obviously talking about the creative architects as P types and right brained and the creative architects as J types and left brained. (I would be a creative architect, nice to know).

Here is personality junkies description of NiSe (Jung)- "What seems to be occurring is that many INJs have a highly sensitive inferior function, Extraverted Sensation (Se), which gathers copious amounts of sensory information from the outside world, including subtleties that other personality types tend to miss. Their Ni then subconsciously processes this data in order to make sense of it, like assembling pieces of a puzzle. Once finished, Ni generates an impression that seems to come out of “nowhere. "Earlier on in the video we see a better example of this at 6.51- 10.14.(Edison is most likely an Ni type ) 7.15 especially is Ni- "when your unconscious gives you an idea, it doesn't give it neatly printed out, on a piece of paper, it will just give you a image or a feeling or something and if you can stay with that and move around eventually it will make sense.

"Here is a similar example with David Lynch- YouTube (Another Jung and MBTI contradiction) 6.53- His Se is still feeding his Ni, you may mistake that for him being a P type, he describes Ni at 2.30, Ni is an unconscious function that's why so many Ni types are drawn to things like mediation. "The role of the perceiving function of Introverted Intuition is to synthesize the information in the unconscious and try to make it known to the conscious" Going back to the John Cleese interview you see his fascination with his inferior function (Se), (every type has this) when talking about children at 12.20- no sense of time. Se types are really the only types that truly live in the present.(i'm not saying Se types are the most childlike in behavior but in their sense of time)

14.43 he discusses who i assume to be his comedy partner Graham, Graham is most likely an Ne type- "Gray would sit their puffing on his pipe, staring out of the window and every now and again he would throw something in and it was always off the wall or didn't quite follow what had been going from before" Notice he's a fact machine, so many scientific facts, if you've seen any of my other posts you'll know that this is Te. Based on the information we have, Cleese is NiSe, if we take the functions into consideration, if we take the letters into consideration he's a P type. He identifies as an introvert as seen in the clip at 3.03 but i'v noticed many extraverts do, as seen here with a very obvious extravert- YouTube. I think based on the information that we have, Cleese is an NTJ. What an interesting man!