• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Hate Your Type?

SeAux

Sorry for my previous post. (Deleted)
I said that because i hate mine ; ISTP.
I hate my Ti more than anything. Te is the best function :wubbie:
It's much better to become domineering and bossy, TJs are cool and powerful. Productive people. Sexy people. It seems that i can't attract them.. Do they just attracted to FPs/other TJs(?)
I Adore their traits ;) love you guys

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find a bit of other supposed ENTP's on youtube both entertaining and annoying.

Pewdiepie use to annoy me, but I also enjoyed his "gags" that he'd come up with for their enjoyment imagining them. But other than that, I kinda like him better now since he isn't fake screaming anymore and seems more real and ironic. I only say him cuz entp is one of types I hear for him a lot. But his jokes never seemed all that witty.

Filthy Frank just used humor so "absurdly stupid it's funny" and acts over the top to me so it annoys me. But I don't have anything against him personally, couldn't care less. Just never got into him really.

Callmekevin I quite enjoy because of hte same exact humor as me(so many PUNS). But he's still too exciteable and even impulsive and simple never getting into any game at all, just joking, but I think that's the case of my SX instinct getting sucked into game worlds so much. Not like I won't make jokes too like I impulsively have to do once it pops into my head probably without thinking. Pointing out ironies and things that don't make sense constantly like him. But I'll not likely laugh at my own jokes as much.

I think the bubbly typical entp would be enjoyable but might get on my nerves at times as even I, despite having the exact same humor, "irony, sarcasm, playing with the atmosphere" still have serious moments and just all and all have a more "chill quieter" way about me for the most part. I'm just more reserved.

Also I like Rhett from Rhett and Link who I'm CERTAIN is ENTP. I think I'd get along with him. Same Ne-Ti humor basically. Pointing out ironies too. But more energetic (for show)

But other than that I only met one female ENTP (6w7 and 3w4/4w3 I believe) and we actually almost started dating cuz she liked me and I thought maybe i did (but since I had to think about it, eh) and we got along well. But only talked in random moments when we felt like it, and could go weeks, months, without talking then chat like nothing happened. NOW she has a bf with the same name of me and had the same shirt and converse that I wear, in one of his pictures. WTF? :mellow: Hmm what a suspiciously ironic coincidence ;)

So I guess I just don't like if they're too over the top or exaggerating, bouncy, or absurd. Maybe immature, too. Otherwise it's all good.

Kinda like how I don't feel the typical ENTP type 7 stereotype. I am basically the same but I'm noted for having low energy not high energy. (except in short bursts I do have high energy)

I think it's more an issue of high energy bouncing around that gets to me. And sometimes simplicitiy, with an ENFP who didn't care about some of the intriguing technical stuff and psychology like I did. Just memes, and racist jokes constantly, pokemon Go, which use to annoy me but I've gotten use to him.

Amberiat

Infinity
It's common for people to admire what they see as their weak spots shining in other people and overvalue these traits while undermining the value of their own strengths.

:nono:

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't met that many fellow 5s, but I think there is generally a quick and easy mutual appreciation. I really like my type, but I can see how the world might come to an end if it was all populated by 5s just like me.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Sorry for my previous post. (Deleted)
I said that because i hate mine ; ISTP.
I hate my Ti more than anything. Te is the best function :wubbie:
It's much better to become domineering and bossy, TJs are cool and powerful. Productive people. Sexy people. It seems that i can't attract them.. Do they just attracted to FPs/other TJs(?)
I Adore their traits ;) love you guys

What makes you say that ?

SeAux

What makes you say that ?
Ti and Te will clash ; based from my experiences.
I seem lazy and it makes my TJ friends feel annoyed. In fact, i'm busy organizing my thoughts. In teamworks, i feel useless around them. (They are so good at completing tasks, be responsible, lead our team, etc. While i'm struggling to finish any tasks.)
I'm so jealous :wubbie: I'm trying to get closer, but their tense and cold faces answer it all.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
personality isn't static and neither are your skills... if you want to be better at something, the trick is to practice it....

Is Projection the Most Powerful Defense Mechanism? | Psychology Today

i don't hate my type or people like me... sometimes i am not a fan of an aspect of myself, but i try to just tackle it head on instead of focusing outside of myself...

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't hate my type, but it sure has it's weaknesses and at times (outside of typology), I wish I had an entirely different personality. Also other INTPs are a give or take tbh.

Hating your type doesn't give you much of a benefit though. Personality (mostly) is not a black and white things, there are benefits and detriments in having one temperament rather than another. Believe it or not, everyone has something to offer.

Also, if you don't like specific traits of yours (ie. laziness), self improvement is always an option. Especially with light traits like that, actively working to not fall nto more negative patterns of behavior can often get you somewhat far if you have the motivation.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have, on not so good days, found ENFPs to be overwhelming. Then again, that goes for a lot of typed though.

I generally like ENFPs. For some reason, they're not one of the types I gravitate towards the most, but most are cool.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
There exists positives and negatives for each type. If you define the neutral zone at zero, all types will exhibit roughly an even scatter based on subjectivity
(+<--0-->-)

Last edited:

Logician

All I can say is that I sed to hate the idea of being an Istp as much as I do now...

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't hate my type in and of itself -- some INTPs I get along with great, whereas others get on my nerves and come off pretentious and overly pessimistic.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I don't, but I do hate myself.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
ENTP here.

People tend to perceive me as a Terry Pratchett/Douglas Adams kind of NTP funny nerd, and I should be honoured--but I can't get past like 20 pages of Good Omens or Hitchhiker without getting bored. I am so over all that "witty" Doctor Who bullshit. No I haven't seen Firefly, stop asking! Shows with space travel, and time travel (what does this guy have against travelling through dimensions???) just seems super lame to me. Nathan Fillion is too fat to be handsome anymore, and he just plays the same character in everything he does (another God awful ENTP, I'll bet. If he was an ESTP he would exercise and wouldn't have to wear a girdle on Castle. Is ENTP low-key the fattest type, or is that just my 38 waist talking?).

It's like, I get it, NT's, you're so self-aware and clever--what will make you stop quipping at me, a medal? Whenever I meet an ENTP trying to one-up me for cleverness, I immediately surrender and just roll my eyes quietly as they go on about how they can talk anyone into anything, how good they are with computers, or making some stupid comment like: Why did God need 10 commandments, that's not very concise? I could cut it down to one; Thou shalt not be a dick!!! HAHAHAHAH Aw man, don't you love how reductive and crude my value system is?

The worst thing is that people like it when I am this person. They respond very poorly to when I am serious, and when I share my private interests, but they love it when I caper about and play the wacky ENTP. They want me to exaggerate my social awkwardness, to use large words when small ones would do, and to juxtapose that verbose, analytical manner of speech with cheesy pop-culture references and snark. I am so damn tired of my face and my voice and my banter.

Speaking of shitty ENTPs, Neil Degrasse Tyson (ENFJ, my ass)...can I just go on record and state that he is overrated, he has let fame go to his head, at this point most of his scientific research involves nitpicking movie science on Twitter, and the sexual harassment claims about him seem legit. When are we going to slaughter that sacred cow? He's gotten nice and fat over the years, let's eat (Nathan Fillion is already in line)!

So yeah, I have some hate for my own type. I'm not saying it's healthy or correct.