ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    I hate the stereotype of my type.
    Me too!

Undortunatly most ENTJ’s love it and so aspire to be nothing than said stereotype rather than grow as individuals.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't hate my type. Why should I? I don't even hate the stereotype, I mostly just ignore it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

I dont hate on the basis of type, other things but not type.

I hate evil.
    Likes Hexcoder liked this post

There are certain traits of my personality which I dislike, but I'm not inclined to make an overall evaluation of "I hate myself". The only dimension I have serious issues with is the P preference, which corresponds with below average Conscientiousness. I wish structure and planning would come more easily to me. Otherwise, most of my issues are not type related.

I can't hate a type when I don't define my identity in typological terms, so I wouldn't say "I am an INTP" even if it's my best fit type. Besides, hating a type also misses the point of what the MBTI aims to do, which is to serve as a tool for fostering understanding of differences between people, as opposed to thinking of some types as being better or worse than others.

I guess I take issue with INTP stereotypes which either portray them as these Einstein-esque mad geniuses or as socially dysfunctional neckbeards, with little sense of nuance of the variation in type. Setting aside my issues with the cognitive functions, it's been my experience that a lot of people reject the INTP label because they don't relate to the Ti-dom function stacks, often preferring to identify as N-dominant or sometimes even relating strongly to Fi. Descriptions and stereotypes generally overemphasise the "left-brain" traits at the expense of "right-brain" traits (brief caveat: there is no such thing as a left-brain/right-brain dichotomy). So, there would be a lot of emphasis on attention to detail or systems building, but the creative, more whimsical aspects of personality are sometimes overlooked.

One other stereotype is what could be described as excess naval-gazing at the expense of real world accomplishments. I don't care much for fame or fortune, but I'm not satisfied with life unless I'm applying whatever skills and abilities I have to good use.
    Likes Hexcoder liked this post

Tempbanned

Well maybe because - OH THERE'S A SQUIRREL

MBTI
    Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Play View Post
    There are certain traits of my personality which I dislike, but I'm not inclined to make an overall evaluation of "I hate myself". The only dimension I have serious issues with is the P preference, which corresponds with below average Conscientiousness. I wish structure and planning would come more easily to me. Otherwise, most of my issues are not type related.

I can't hate a type when I don't define my identity in typological terms, so I wouldn't say "I am an INTP" even if it's my best fit type. Besides, hating a type also misses the point of what the MBTI aims to do, which is to serve as a tool for fostering understanding of differences between people, as opposed to thinking of some types as being better or worse than others.

I guess I take issue with INTP stereotypes which either portray them as these Einstein-esque mad geniuses or as socially dysfunctional neckbeards, with little sense of nuance of the variation in type. Setting aside my issues with the cognitive functions, it's been my experience that a lot of people reject the INTP label because they don't relate to the Ti-dom function stacks, often preferring to identify as N-dominant or sometimes even relating strongly to Fi. Descriptions and stereotypes generally overemphasise the "left-brain" traits at the expense of "right-brain" traits (brief caveat: there is no such thing as a left-brain/right-brain dichotomy). So, there would be a lot of emphasis on attention to detail or systems building, but the creative, more whimsical aspects of personality are sometimes overlooked.

One other stereotype is what could be described as excess naval-gazing at the expense of real world accomplishments. I don't care much for fame or fortune, but I'm not satisfied with life unless I'm applying whatever skills and abilities I have to good use.
    Do intp's actually care about how others think?

Quote Originally Posted by Non_xsense View Post
    Do intp's actually care about how others think?
    I don't care about what others think, but that's not the point. It's about how I, as an individual, relate or not relate to the way my supposed type is described.

MBTI
    Fool

I don't care about what others think, but that's not the point. It's about how I, as an individual, relate or not relate to the way my supposed type is described.
    Don't worry man , eventually you are gonna understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_xsense View Post
    Don't worry man , eventually you are gonna understand it.
    Understand what?

MBTI
    Fool

Understand what?
    I don't know i'm not you.