• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP Feelings Like a Switch

Mcl116

I was dating a girl (just turned 25) that I'm pretty certain is ENFP.
I'm (I'm 29) not exactly sure which type I am but I'm certainly more pragmatic, analytical, planned, etc but I'm also very go with the flow and fun and enjoy trying new things.
We had a lot of history of being on and off in some way over a 2 year period.
Most recently, after previously breaking up with me out of nowhere 6 months prior, came back to me stating she was sure she wanted to be with e now, that I was special to her, that she never stopped thinking about me, was all in and wanted to be exclusive to me.
Everything moved very quickly, she told me she loved me a few weeks into this second go, introduced me to her family and friends, invited me on a family vacation. She seemed completely crazy and in love with me. Everything seemed absolutely amazing, until she blindside dumped me again.
She told me she doesn't know what happened but one morningrg I kissed her on the cheek while she was getting ready and all of a sudden she felt something that didn't feel right. She went away for a couple of days and felt better and then when we were on vacation together this feeling came back and she dumped me when we got back.
She said she really wanted to be with me, really wanted it to work, really loved me and was so excited about it and then just wasn't.
She said she felt like I became reliant on her energy and it made her unhappy and that she felt a little contained.
I can provide additional details if needed but wanted to keep it as brief as possible.
Is this typical of a ENFP to just change the way they feel about somebody out of nowhere like this?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I dont know if its type related exactly but it sounds like she's not interested in dating you long term, but riding the fleeting feelings ferry. (ie they like emotional rollercoaters) they may always be chasing these certain feelings which are transitory by nature. Good luck if you decide to pursue things, but this is probably just a primer for more of the same. If you want you can try telling this person you dont like how it makes you feel, but buckle up for them not to change anything. If you like this person enough to be cool with that, y'all might be able to have some fun for a while and then still stay friends. 2 years on and off is probably a good map of where the next ??? years would likely go.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
But if you do wish to pursue it, I'd recommend focusing on the fun and good bits over the break ups.