• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fellow ENFPs is this normal?!?!

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
lol you fellow ENFPs are helping me to feel normal again, maybe I'm just around too many SJs or something, trying to fit into their world of seriousness and scheduals that people actually try to follow lol

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
funny...i think i was at that party haha...i know the cigarette girls and glow sticks well :)
dallas thing...or maybe not??

Lol! Close! But the place i went to had a night called Havok that I think has moved since then?? Houston has a bigger rave scene than I thought we had originally.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Kinda sounds like you're just having fun and sublimating your discomfort or minor depression into a child-like playfulness. Either that, or you're manic. :)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Maybe I am a bit of both... Actually I have a theory that anyone who is the extreme version of their personality type can be describe as manic. What are your percentage scores for the various component parts of your personality types?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's a good theory...i like it. :)
i'm not normally manic...most people would describe me as stoic? maybe...or maybe i just made that up...idk...i'm laid back...haha
but...i get really excited about some things...and really go overboard about them...but i can talk anyone in to anything...usually...and i don't even think i do it on purpose...but...my enthusiasm can be infectious i think

is that what you're talking about? just being so excited you feel manic...at the time...but...normally...normal??

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
dont worry about percentages from test scores considering tests are quite flawed. if you look at someone who is an extreme introvert, to society, they may be looked at as weird. and that is only one aspect of ones personality. so yes, extremes of each part or even one, would make someone seem, to society and in general, insane.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea Ml that's what I meant, not that they ARE manic per se but seem to be by society standards. KNow what you mean Erina expecially about the persuading thing I have to be so careful because instead of getting some proper advice sometimes I manage to non-verbally convince others to tell me what I want to hear

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh yeah...me too...that's not so great is it?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here is a tip to ENFP women on how to feel normal: don't date ISTJ men.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yes, I think ISTJ is just bad all around for ENFP women. They should, imo, run through INTPs like we're going out of style (as if) until they find a proper one.

oh yeah...me too...that's not so great is it?
All depends on what you want to hear, right? I'm sure it's always true in your case. Worry not!

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yes, I think ISTJ is just bad all around for ENFP women. They should, imo, run through INTPs like we're going out of style (as if) until they find a proper one.

All depends on what you want to hear, right? I'm sure it's always true in your case. Worry not!
wat about INTJs, in your opinion? they are idealistic in a keirseyian sense (i know a disastrous ENFP + INTP relationship )

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
wat about INTJs, in your opinion? they are idealistic in a keirseyian sense (i know a disastrous ENFP + INTP relationship )
If you're asking for my unbiased opinion, you'll have to ask me somewhere the ENFPs can't see.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm not sure I got your story straight. So you are excited at the prospect of new people challenges or what?

If it's trying to fit in, in a particular environment, too quickly, yeah I've been there. I'm so used to people liking my craziness I sometimes try to shove it down people's throats. Not anymore though. These days I'm more cautious. In college I met new people I consider friends but I was bit abrupt in my initial attempt to fit in, and as a result I'm really not as crazy as I usual am with those people because they just don't get me that well.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Find a proper ISTJ do you mean?

See thats you INTPs all over you want us to run around with you guys but you leave the heavy commitment stuff up to the cutie cute ISTJ

PS why have ISTJs got such a bad rep here? Mind you I am loathed to admit that my father is ISTJ so dare I admit that I may be folowing a pattern set by my mother (Nooooooooo the ENFP cries at the thought of being locked into a pattern of behaviour and not totally free at all times *sob*)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Find a proper ISTJ do you mean?

See thats you INTPs all over you want us to run around with you guys but you leave the heavy commitment stuff up to the cutie cute ISTJ
I'm not against commitment, I'm just against...Well, you know how ISTJs are, lol.