User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Default Extroverted around Introverts, but Introverted around Extroverts?

I usually score almost 50/50 on extroversion vs introversion. My actual results usually depend on my mood.

So. Does anybody else have this happen?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't. I am quite firmly in the "I" camp. I do know several F types who have reported feeling more like T's around other F's, but like F's when around T's. I don't see why it can't happen on the other dichotomies as well, especially for people with relatively balanced preferences.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I am like that. I can seem a bit eager to communicate around other introverts. But if I am around extroverts I just want to get away. Honestly it is a spectrum.
    一期一会

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Yep. It's just about extremes and balance. Too much ( or too little) stimulation is unhealthy for anyone.

In my case I just really love being around other people because I love the variety of different perspectives and ideas...until I get around them and remember that most people do nothing but spew memes and are completely incapable of holding a real conversation let alone an original thought.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

"These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."
    Likes Tenebris liked this post

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    583 so/sp

Often yes.

However for me the real difference is probably formal/informal environment. In informal I often have nothing to add or I just don't care about the topic.

MBTI
    SINE

There's a lot of factors that come into play. if you are unmotivated, depressed, passive, and lack energy...then, you will likely be more reclusive. if you are introverted, yet have a lot of energy, motivation/passion, exc....then the time lag in between social events should decrease because the recharge rate will increase. That is, you will supply the mind will more knowledge in a unit time, which permits you to share at an earlier period.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Often yes.

However for me the real difference is probably formal/informal environment. In informal I often have nothing to add or I just don't care about the topic.
    Same here. If I do appear extraverted, it is because I have to do something like give a presentation, or lead a meeting, or host something. It doesn't have much to do with the E/I preferences of who I am with.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Often yes.

This.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I rated myself as a solid introvert until I realized that I can be rather outgoing, but that sometimes my energy drains more easily than usual and it had little to do with E/I. After paying attention I realized my energy goes down the drain if I am around extroverts who are Feelers. Otherwise, toss me with an EXTX (who aren't emotionally charged) and we can talk just fine, the energy I expend is just like I when I'm talking to introverts.

It also depends on what you like talking about, I really like sharing information (of almost any kind) so be it typing paragraphs of typology theories in this forum (look at this self-fulfilling prophecy) or drafting a game strategy / guide, I can be rather talkative.

Most people are rather balanced. Think about it, most people would get along with people of similar interests, and avoid those who don't. Those who absolutely avoid people or befriend literally every one they see might be special snowflakes. Also, I vs E goes beyond sociability, it also has to do with energy / activity level in general, how much stimulation you need.

MBTI(R) Step II: The 40 Facets of the 16 Types – Personality Playbook
    Most people aren't strictly either camp, but I find that this sheds some light into the division of the facets and what makes up Introversion and Extroversion.
    全世界共通の快楽
    Likes Tenebris liked this post

This maybe a social adaptation to create balance so perhaps, look to Fe.