• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

People that are strong in Ni,Ti,Te and Ne

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
MBTI says that all types have some function combination. But to me it looks that there is one more combination that is not so rare that you can just say that it is combination like any other that is possible.

To me it looks like that some people have combination of Ni,Ti,Te and Ne functions as the main four functions. It looks that this traits appear only in INTs and it looks that this people are not too good at using Fe.

I will offer myself as an example. But it looks that I am not the only one.

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.9)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************** (50.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************ (48.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *** (3.7)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (18.8)
limited use

To me this looks like that analytical skills are boosted at the cost of Fe(and Fi). This result looks kind of robotic, but I have a lot of robotic traits and it seems to me that this result is correct for me.

Any coments or ideas?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Do INTPs often have high Ni on that test? I think it might have been my lowest score. Ti and Te were very high, followed by Ne.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:blush: Ni was way down there with Fi on my test results...

the other 3 are quite nicely high though!

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Yes, those are my four strongest according to the last test (Ti, Ne, Te, Ni), but Ni was previously fifth (when Te was first). Fe is always the weakest.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Does anyone know what site has the test Antisocial referenced?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the theory is actually flexible enough to incorporate your results.

A persons dominant, lets use Te for instance, often has blind spots that the "backup function", Ti in this case, needs to take care of. Very early on, the oppositional (5th) can become highly developed because it actually further strengthens the dominant. The auxiliary (2nd) and the discovery (6th) functions also have this backbone like relationship.

So it makes sense that if someone is Ti Ne, they will develop Te Ni to a stronger degree than their other functions, because developing those actually indirectly strengthens their dominant functions.

I have seen it written that the order of function development goes:
1st dominant
2nd auxilary
5th oppositional
3rd tertiary
6th discovery
4th aspirational

So the ENTJ might be Te Ni Se Fi Ti Ne Si Fe for PREFERANCE. As in, if they had equal skill in all of these, that is how they would choose to use the functions. However, its not unusual to see Te, Ni, Ti, Ne=Se, Fi etc for actual skill development.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I took the cognitive processes test before and came up with Ti>Te>Se>Ne (or something like that; I'm sure of the first two, and I remember that my "most likely" type was ESTP). Ni was underrepresented.

The descriptions on this page place me comfortably in the INTJ category, though I seem to have an Ni-Ne mixture. I like that all eight functions are covered for each type, so you can see what purposes the "missing" functions are serving.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

A persons dominant, lets use Te for instance, often has blind spots that the "backup function", Ti in this case, needs to take care of. Very early on, the oppositional (5th) can become highly developed because it actually further strengthens the dominant. The auxiliary (2nd) and the discovery (6th) functions also have this backbone like relationship.

So it makes sense that if someone is Ti Ne, they will develop Te Ni to a stronger degree than their other functions, because developing those actually indirectly strengthens their dominant functions.

1st dominant
2nd auxilary
5th oppositional
3rd tertiary
6th discovery
4th aspirational

So the ENTJ might be Te Ni Se Fi Ti Ne Si Fe for PREFERANCE. As in, if they had equal skill in all of these, that is how they would choose to use the functions. However, its not unusual to see Te, Ni, Ti, Ne=Se, Fi etc for actual skill development.

I fully agree with you.
For me it is strange when NTJs and NTPs fight each other bacause of analytical thinking. I always identify with arguments of both sides.
On the other hand my Fe is total disaster, but probably it is a little bit stronger than this.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I run into the similar results with the cognitive function test as well. My Ni and Ne test exactly the same sandwiched between Ti and Te which are also very close together. Fi sneaks in for 4th sometimes. Se is the bottom bottom of the barrel for me, Fe comes second last.

Maybe it has to do with the wording of the test, it isn't inconceivable that the tests don't represent Ne vs Ni very well or Te vs Ti and there ends up being a preference bias toward N and T if you are an xNTx, without a distinction between using them as a judging or perceiving function.

Besides, just because my Fe and Se are low on the test it doesn't mean I don't use them, I use what works depending on the situation.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Maybe it has to do with the wording of the test, it isn't inconceivable that the tests don't represent Ne vs Ni very well or Te vs Ti and there ends up being a preference bias toward N and T if you are an xNTx, without a distinction between using them as a judging or perceiving function.

The thought crosed my mind.

But I can identify with descriptions of that functions. What means that it is not just the test.

natalia93

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

1st dominant
2nd auxilary
5th oppositional
3rd tertiary
6th discovery
4th aspirational

Which site did you get this information from? I haven't seen cognitive functions broken down that far yet, I'd be interested to look into it as well as take an assessment that determines these functions.
Also, how much do you guys trust the Te/Ti breakdown? This is something I've been struggling with for some reason... It's not my primary function so it's harder for me to determine which I favor. According to my type I'm Ni-Fe-Ti-Se but I'm having a hard time recognizing Te versus Ti styles of thinking within myself (and in general).

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The results generally don't map onto a model very specifically. There's a very good reason, IMHO, which is that the very idea of picking based on how you relate to individual descriptions is misleading.

The models should be about how your 8 all interact. That's the only real way there will be any reason at all to think there are ways to decide among them.

Jungian analysts Singer and Loomis actually built an inventory which tries to measure each of the 8, and they also find results suggesting no specific rigid model. The reason is simple, once again, IMHO -- it's not that there's no reason to try to type people by the models, so much as this exercise inherently implies we should consider how the dimensions interact in someone, not just how high one scores on each.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. On this test, I believe I have come up as Ne>Fi>Ni>Si>Fe>Te>Se>Ti. This is interesting because it shows my type's dominant, auxiliary, 5th function, inferior, 6th function, tertiary... So the test gives me INFP interestingly even though Ne>Fi>Si>Te is like ENFP top half and INFP bottom half.

A lot of it could be in how the wording is phrased. Plus, the functions are abstract concepts and hard to pinpoint.

I also don't really relate much to the Te parts of me, and my interests often foster a greater degree of Si. So, that's probably what causes them to seem swapped.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Interesting. On this test, I believe I have come up as Ne>Fi>Ni>Si>Fe>Te>Se>Ti. This is interesting because it shows my type's dominant, auxiliary, 5th function, inferior, 6th function, tertiary... So the test gives me INFP interestingly even though Ne>Fi>Si>Te is like ENFP top half and INFP bottom half.

A lot of it could be in how the wording is phrased. Plus, the functions are abstract concepts and hard to pinpoint.

I also don't really relate much to the Te parts of me, and my interests often foster a greater degree of Si. So, that's probably what causes them to seem swapped.

That is not rare , when i take cognitive tests that show me higher Ni than Ne of course Ti is alot higher but socionics seems alot more accurate ... Of course for intp at least Ni point of view is something that we thing almost in an instant but we discard it for being alot less precise than Ne.