• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ with really high Se

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just wondering what this would look like. I am not looking for anyone to say "Bitch, he's an ISTP!" because the guy I'm wondering about is definitely not, he's 100% an INTJ lol.

Dude has really incredible spatial awareness and notices everything around him, sometimes a bit like a detective. He also is not mentally healthy (though a nice person) with his untreated cyclothymia and has a massive weakness for too much alcohol (and seems to perhaps crave mild sensation seeking, like wishes he could go to concerts but can't because of his epilepsy etc).

Does that sound like it? What else would it look like. Maybe it's not even a function order thing. Maybe it's just that he's old and has been on a farm his whole life.

Could someone please give me a description or examples?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A really high inferior Se? Huh

I've heard of higher than normal auxiliary and tertiary at times, usually from like seclusion or something. Like Ni, and Fi in this case(past isolation). I'm an ENTP with higher Ti and seemingly not fully Fi blind(past isolation). But Se? I suppose that would come from a more sporty environment but I'm not totally sure if it would still work since it's still inferior. But it's an ... interesting thought.

Hmm.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some people are smart enough to familiarize themselves with Lamarck's theory about giraffes and their necks.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some people are smart enough to familiarize themselves with Lamarck's theory about giraffes and their necks.
Your tone sounds super salty in my head lmfao
So what's your take on this then? Or what it would manifest as?

It's funny, another user actually told me to message you about this guy yesterday even though we've never talked as far as I know

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
This doesn't seem strange to me, or, i mean, hard to imagine.

I myself have a very high Se. I personally think that life experience has a greater influence than MBTI. As a kid I was VERY sheltered so when I was finally able to make my own choices and independence experiencing everything I could in life became very important.
It also makes a lot of sense to me considering his epilepsy. I think that a lot of my own obsession with physical experience is because I physically can't.
It's not so much a "grass is always" greener sort of thing, but more a feeling of being left-out. People who don't have limitations can experience whatever they want and then choose what they prefer; the excitement of the physical world ( Se) or the more creative and cerebral enjoyment of reading or gaming. (Ni) Everyone wants that choice and not having that makes one feel like they are missing out on life itself-even those with very strong Ni can eventually choose to go out and experience the "real world' to satisfy any bouts of wanderlust - so they will try to fill that void with any experience they can get.

I am speaking of course from my own experience, but I think it makes sense for anyone in a similar situation.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm Ni dom with conscious Se. I have environmental awareness, drink a lot etc.

See my thread on function development. Ni doms often develop Se in their 20s or so. I think having a good grasp on Se is common from that age but rare below the age of say 20 (though I can't prove this, it's just what I currently think).

4th function means it's the 4th to appear and won't be as "preferred" as the dominant and auxiliary, but it can still be very well developed.

I'm not sure what else it looks like because you basically mentioned the main two things I associate my Se stage with. Environmental awareness - this was linked to a philosophy based on the present moment, a kind of "only now is real" lived philosophy stemming from the philosophical dilemmas which appeared in the Ti stage. For INTJ their Se would have a more... personal, emotional, artistic? flavour to it. So in their third stage they were developing their sense of who they were, what they valued etc. and this was given a "real" expression through Se.

The pleasure seeking is the other part of Se that I notice in myself. Being in the Se stage is like constantly chasing the next high. The expression will be different depending on which enneagram type is linked to the Se (note: that's my hypothesis).

I'm not sure how much the Se carries over through to the Ne stage and beyond, because I haven't experienced that much of life yet, nor been aware of how stages work well enough to observe others. But it probably varies. Throughout my teens I was constantly thinking, trying to figure things out, and would only occasionally indulge in physical pleasures like drinking (Se was subconscious at that point). When I got into my 20s, the thinking diminished. But it was still there quite often, just not as much at the forefront. So for Ni doms, Se can be seen as a young adult's game, and as they get older it becomes less of their main concern.

I don't know how old the person in question is, but if you're wondering what age an Ni dom is in the Se stage at, when it ends etc. what I can tell you is that it varies widely from person to person. Life development depends on many factors, but basically progressing to the next stage means that you feel you've done most of what's to be done in the current stage, and it's no longer serving you, so you need to change your worldview and go for something new. There's often a period of crisis in the transition between stages. What that means is that if the stage you're in is serving you, and nothing is pressuring you to leave that stage, then you can simply stay in it indefinitely, so there's no real upper bound here on age. (There's probably a lower bound though because there would be a minimum reasonable amount of take it takes to "complete" a stage).

Hopefully that helps. If anything else comes to mind I'll post it.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, sometimes it is interpreted that INTJs by nature have really high Se, it's just levels of consciousness that vary. I know over the years I've become way more aware of my Si and Fe tendencies, to the extent where I've almost become a type nihilist nowadays. But its probably just that absurd amounts of self analysis make everything conscious :D

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
This doesn't seem strange to me, or, i mean, hard to imagine.

I myself have a very high Se. I personally think that life experience has a greater influence than MBTI. As a kid I was VERY sheltered so when I was finally able to make my own choices and independence experiencing everything I could in life became very important.
It also makes a lot of sense to me considering his epilepsy. I think that a lot of my own obsession with physical experience is because I physically can't.
It's not so much a "grass is always" greener sort of thing, but more a feeling of being left-out. People who don't have limitations can experience whatever they want and then choose what they prefer; the excitement of the physical world ( Se) or the more creative and cerebral enjoyment of reading or gaming. (Ni) Everyone wants that choice and not having that makes one feel like they are missing out on life itself-even those with very strong Ni can eventually choose to go out and experience the "real world' to satisfy any bouts of wanderlust - so they will try to fill that void with any experience they can get.

I am speaking of course from my own experience, but I think it makes sense for anyone in a similar situation.

I think the problem is not having high-Se instead how entj and intj can't really control Se ... Most Entj and intj that i know have problem creating limits for their Se and actually tend to be irrational when Se take priority .I guess inferior funtions are always a little "blind" for ourself.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I think the problem is not having high-Se instead how entj and intj can't really control Se ... Most Entj and intj that i know have problem creating limits for their Se and actually tend to be irrational when Se take priority .I guess inferior funtions are always a little "blind" for ourself.

I’m not one to dissmiss orher people’s experience, I believe that you kno ourreinds better than I, but it isn’t like that in my case. I have very strong sense if moderation and self-control.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean by “ limits”.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I’m not one to dissmiss orher people’s experience, I believe that you kno ourreinds better than I, but it isn’t like that in my case. I have very strong sense if moderation and self-control.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean by “ limits”.

Actually i think that women tend to be more balance than men in any mbti type ( the majority ) ... from my experience my entj grandfather and intj father no limits mean prone to food , alcohol , sex , drugs , ect...

I'm not saying that is actually bad but for them it was just a moment of pleassure , actually finding positive traits in your inferior funtions is a great goal tho is not possible for all people.

Northern Lights

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My last relationship was with an INTJ with superficially high sensory awareness. He was always pointing things out to me that I missed and had a weird preoccupation with stimulating experiences ... felt he hadn't had enough of them earlier when he should have and was therefore compelled to seek them out but also sort of chicken about it.

In contrast, I'm currently dating an ISTP who is introverted enough, I think, that he doesn't immediately pick up on every single sensory detail. The difference between the two is that when they get down to actually doing stuff, the ISTP just does it whereas it was this whole elaborate production with the INTJ where everything had to be just so. He was way more persnickety and conscious of whether or not he was sucking as much sensory pleasure from the exercise as he could, whereas it's something the ISTP just takes for granted.