• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi vs Fe ( video examples)

The Seeker 1994

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9 4
People often confuse INFPs and INFJs, these clips show the difference (I'm using an ISFP but it doesn't matter because FiTe is the focus)

"Rightly or not, Fi is commonly perceived as more emotionally “mature” than Fe. For ISFPs, as well as other FP types, emotions are not readily expressed or dramatized. Instead, they are typically managed internally or repackaged and expressed via Extraverted Thinking (Te). Consequently, ISFPs are outwardly measured and rational in their presentation; outsiders may even mistake them for Thinking types."- Here is an example of that- YouTube. Notice how rational he is when expressing how he feels, you're seeing Fi and Te working together. Notice also how self aware he is, he understands how he feels personally about things. 3.00 onwards is a great example of Fi.

"Because the INFJ’s feeling function is extroverted, they naturally tune into other people’s moods and emotions. Because of this superpower, INFJs tend to have high levels of empathy, and it’s no surprise that many of them pursue careers in therapy, social work, and counseling.
The downside is INFJs may have a hard time discerning their own feelings. They may even absorb others’ emotions and feel them as if they were their own. Here is an example of that- YouTube. It's ironic because the very thing he doesn't do is open up about his childhood. From 0.40 onwards he's asked if he's tough.

0.54 he says we're all tough and then 0.57 he goes into full Fe mode. Why is this Fe- He almost takes on the role of a psychologist even though he's being interviewed. Fe types see people as a collective, so when he's answering these personal questions he's not answering them from his own perspective, he's viewing it from everyone's. Toughness is because YOUR trying to cover something, he's answering it indirectly. Not to deceive as one might believe- without an understanding of MBTI , that's why this stuff is great because we see why people are the way they are or why they respond the way they do, otherwise we might jump to conclusions.

Notice how different is it to the Clapton interview. 1.10 he's asked if he's vulnerable, he responds- i don't know, i would imagine i am and then at 1.18 he doesn't explore that, he brushes it off and kind of jokes. I'm not saying Fe types lack self awareness, they have values and beliefs( INFJs are the most private type) but in terms of looking inwards it's not something that comes naturally to them because they have Fe not Fi, their feeling is focused on others.>

Lets see an Fi and Fe interaction that shows that and a great example. 2.45- 4.12-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-mGCeS0CFM. Rose is the one being interviewed but he almost turns things around, like Pacino he almost turns into a psychologist. Colbert is looking inwards (Fi) and Rose is looking outwards (Fe). Also notice at 2.45 Rose immediately responds to the audience when he hears a clap, that's his Fe, it's a kind of reaction. Here is an Fi type in a similar situation at 1.00- YouTube. He responds but not in the same way, Fe is connected to others, it needs to connect with others.