User Tag List

12 Last

Default Annoyed Mr. INTJ

Well I’ve finally done it. After two and a half years of seeing him, I have finally annoyed my INTJ to the point where he ALL CAPS texted me. And I didn’t mean to. I wasn’t deliberately trying to be annoying. What’s the best way to apologize so that he truely knows I’m sorry?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post
    Well I’ve finally done it. After two and a half years of seeing him, I have finally annoyed my INTJ to the point where he ALL CAPS texted me. And I didn’t mean to. I wasn’t deliberately trying to be annoying. What’s the best way to apologize so that he truely knows I’m sorry?
    That depends on exactly what you did to annoy him.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Text: I'M FUCKING SORRY! That'll chap his ass.
    Wear the damn mask.
    Likes Yuu, I, Tonya, chubber, Connoisseur liked this post

I texted him. He texted back “Extremely. Busy.” I texted “Ok. Sorry.” He texted back “That meant stop don’t send more.” I thumbs upped. And got an all caps “STOP”. I know this seems super minor, but he has never, ever “yelled” at me in person or via text. I didn’t try to annoy on purpose. I was simply trying to let him know I got the message.

Permabanned

did you respond, acknowledging you got the message, again
    Likes Abcdenfp, chubber liked this post

I think they just wanted you to stop texting them at the time. I wouldn't read too much into it. Just next time, they send you the text to stop. Just dont reply. Then they'll really know you were understanding their needs at the time. 10/10 times ime they will text you back when they can. But dont worry too much. I doubt he'll forsake 2 and half years for one texting faux pas. It wouldn't be logical.
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
    Likes xenaprincess liked this post

LOL! No! Once I got the all caps “yelling” I didn’t send anything else. I realized my mistake. A little too late to not frustrate him.

I didn’t think he would, but I’ve never crossed the line into him getting actually annoyed to the point of all caps texting me. I want to make sure he knows I wasn’t trying to be a smart aleck or anything. We’ve got a really good teasing banter type relationship, but I truly wasn’t deliberately trying to provoke.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post
    I texted him. He texted back “Extremely. Busy.” I texted “Ok. Sorry.” He texted back “That meant stop don’t send more.” I thumbs upped. And got an all caps “STOP”. I know this seems super minor, but he has never, ever “yelled” at me in person or via text. I didn’t try to annoy on purpose. I was simply trying to let him know I got the message.
    I find his response excessive, especially for something so trivial. Apparently he is too busy to read a thumbs up from you, but not too busy to text back in all caps. (You could point out the illogic of his own behavior . . . later, when he is not busy and is in a better mood.) Seriously, I would just tell him later that you didn't mean to be a pest, you only wanted him to know that you got the message. Ask him what you should have done instead to confirm receipt/understanding, or if he perhaps feels it is not necessary to confirm.

This is actually a decent formula for many things that may upset or annoy an INTJ: wait until the situation is over, then explain why you did what you did, and ask how he would prefer it be handled in future. A willingness to do better in future is worth much more than a standard apology to most INTJs from what I have seen.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I find his response excessive, especially for something so trivial. Apparently he is too busy to read a thumbs up from you, but not too busy to text back in all caps. (You could point out the illogic of his own behavior . . . later, when he is not busy and is in a better mood.) Seriously, I would just tell him later that you didn't mean to be a pest, you only wanted him to know that you got the message. Ask him what you should have done instead to confirm receipt/understanding, or if he perhaps feels it is not necessary to confirm.

This is actually a decent formula for many things that may upset or annoy an INTJ: wait until the situation is over, then explain why you did what you did, and ask how he would prefer it be handled in future. A willingness to do better in future is worth much more than a standard apology to most INTJs from what I have seen.
    I think the bolded is a good way for more types than just INTJ. I try to do this myself, by asking that question, though with a certain INTP, it's basically like pulling teeth to get anything useful.
    нєισтяσριc
    Likes I, Tonya liked this post