• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alright. Who should I fall in love with next?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Things you should be familiar with and look for:
1. Emotionally intelligence - there are a lot of articles out there.
2. Someone who listens to your secrets and pain and will be a sounding board and chest to lean on, without telling another soul about it.
3. Someone who makes you laugh and laughs at most of your jokes.
4. Someone who makes sure you are sexually satisfied without just getting his. I'm serious. Very important.
5. Someone who can share mutual hobbies and interests with you.
6. Someone who doesn't do anything that would leave check marks on a "signs of abuse" list.

That's a pretty solid start.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
7. Someone who pulls their weight around the house (or does helpful things before living together).

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My thread dun blew up lol oh dear..

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Unless you fall in love with yourself after a long painful adjustment period of getting comfortable being single again (or for the first time), you're just looking for either a rebound or some other unhealthy codependent thing.

Get some dogs. Focus on work. Hit the gym. Don't look for partners, once you're in the right place they'll find you.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Unless you fall in love with yourself after a long painful adjustment period of getting comfortable being single again (or for the first time), you're just looking for either a rebound or some other unhealthy codependent thing.

That's true. This thread was kind of made on a spur of the moment thing for me. I know for sure that I'm not ready for even a coffee date at this time, period.

rav3n

The correct pairings are the ones with the same middle letters and opposite end letters, so INFP for the ENFJ. ISFP and ENFP, and even other ENFJs, among others, can be good too, but not as good as the INFP. Again though, how do you know if you've typed yourself correctly, and how would you identify someone else's type with a high degree of certainty?
This works for us (husband - INTP, me - ENTJ). The vast majority of my relationship partners have been INTPs before and after I learned anything about MBTI.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Hmm... I'm still smarting from old wounds, lol. Fi and Fe are very difficult to understand, but they have the most potential to make up for one another's shortcomings, but I don't know how Fi dom would work with Fe dom.

I get that a big part of this is about visualizing the future and that can be something nice to look forward to and think about.

8 in tritype... I think I'll pass on that too. Big same. And Leo suns, too...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm not too keen on using type to measure compatibility, BUT I've noticed that in my own relationships, sharing judging functions but having some sort of complimentary perceiving functions makes for the most natural communication and understanding. It's as if you speak the same language, but see things differently, so you can help each other expand on perception without stepping on the other's toes. Ji differences are where people really start to have problems ("he doesn't understand me", "she doesn't get it", etc).

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Fall in love with yourself.