• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you feel about your relationships with ENTPs?

Kanye69

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
how do y'all feel about your relationships with ENTP's? Everyone seems to love ENFPs and INTJs. My roommate was INTJ, and we got along well. Who I've gotten along worst with has been ISTPs and ESFPs. I think it's their Se...lol.
-Kanye69

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don’t know why, I feel kind of uncomfortable being around ENTPs. They annoy me. The irony is that my favorite characters are mainly ENTPs, and I’m one too.

rav3n

I tend to love or detest them. Depends on the magnitude of emotional health within the individual ENTP. The less healthy ones can be very manipulative and inauthentic and the more healthy ones, great, all around solid people.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My friend from university is an ENTP. One of the best friends I ever had. But now he's moved away, and I never did have the ability to fully express my appreciation for him as a friend. He was very sharp-witted, actually listened to what I had to say, and he was hilarious too.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
The relationships are usually short lived or stay casual.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Speaking as an ENTP, I'm pretty notorious for making people dislike me and being generally friendless. This may or may not be related to cognition.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm surrounded by them (boyfriend, roommate, childhood friend) and are the people I go on the best. On the other hand, I have massive problems with SFPs.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't known many ENTPs (in fact, Ns seem to be a rarity in my life), but I really, really like the ones I've known. They're kind of cute with their creative, goofy, off-the-wall comments, their quick wit, energy, and I admire their raw, rebellious independence. They seem unafraid to be themselves. Once you get under all of that, there's also a very trusting, loyal, vulnerable side to them. They can be so honest. There have only been a very few people (2 to be specific) I've felt comfortable opening up to in all my years and the one I felt really understood me was an ENTP, so (obviously) I have a special place in my heart for them.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I met 2 guys ENTP (I think). They tended (those 2, I don't generalise this to the Planete ENTP!) to be too talkative and thought themselves superior and great without caring an inch of what I felt. Very selfish & childish. Not enough authentic (in my humble opinion).

I generally accepted them sexually speaking and then goodbye (because they weren't as great as they said, too late mind your words next time with the next girl hehehe).

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
My ex-husband is probably an ENTP. Never again.
I am still drawn to NTPs for friendly entertainment though, and my boyfriend might be an INTP (or INFJ). I'm pretty sure my boss is an ENTP, and he has the most childish temper I've ever seen (although I'm probably pretty close but generally exhibit more self control at work). I think it's funny because I think I intimidate him somehow.
Also, I test as SLUEI which is the ENTP equivalent... the worse one, haha.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Me and ENTPs tend to have very good chemistry we can banter and debate and do fun things e.t.c sharing the same functions but in difffrent orders.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Generally speaking, I get along well with them irl. Online, not always so much.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A cold relationship

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ones i have known in real life talk to much about nothing. Not bad people, just can usually careless about what they talk about. Its a subjective Ti driven by Ne. I get along better with INTPs, ENFPs, etc. I really think its the dom Ne paired with Ti.

Arcayne

Permabanned
MBTI Type
Infp
My ex i think was entp, he was o.k. but lazy, never followed thru on any of his comitmments. very funny guy tho, i'm still friends with him but we just did not work as a couple :unsure:

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well it depends on the ENTP. Some I could listen to talk nonstop all day. Some are fun to talk to and have deep conversations with. And sometimes ENTPs can be extremely frustrating. I'd say I have a generally positive view over all of them. I find them fascinating.

StrawberryBoots

Yeah, yeah, we already know, I'm rarely on time. I tweak all of your gadgets. I tease you. I argue with you. I offer you unsolicited advice. I talk too much. I don't talk enough. I don't make time for you. I disappear. I won't commit. I test; I play games; I leave you for more interesting endeavors. I flat wear you out.

StrawberryBoots

On a serious note, I think some ENTPs are caring souls that go above and beyond the call of duty in their relationships.

What's been most challenging for me in relationships is having my ability to problem-solve and to love stifled.

An unsound mind or a proud heart, what useful purpose do they serve?