• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you feel about your relationships with ENTPs?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
This is actually the least type I run into in real life. I don't think I have any ENTP friends on my facebook except for one. Whenever I think of ENTP, it's always the type 3,7w6, 9 enneagram type.

StrawberryBoots

Do you know what it's like when someone is on your side, really, truly on your side? Y'all can accomplish just about anything. Sometimes, you turn to that person and say "whoa" at something you both saw at the same time, and you both start laughing because you get it.

I suspect, even if ENTPs were perfect, they still wouldn't be enough for some, and that's okay.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I had some good ENTP friends though some periods of my life.

Well educated and good looking ENTP woman is possibly the best match for me.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can always have a good time with them, and naturally seem to hit it off with them. I love that they're usually down to party and don't judge you. They're usually messy as hell with their personal space, at least my childhood friend was (who's actually the only ENTP female I've known who comes to mind). I love the zany, quick wit. There was another friend I had, whom I met in community college, who I believe to have been ENTP as well, but who considered himself an introvert. (I have found that a lot of extroverts think that they're introverts, but it's abundantly clear to all the actual introverts around them that they are not.)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
If you had asked me a year ago (and you can look at old posts and know) I might have said something very different than what I'm now saying. Prior to this summer, I had only really known one ENTP in real life and him not well. There is a friend whom I once thought was ENTP but since then I've learned a lot more about type and a lot more about my friend and I realize that he is not ENTP but rather ESTP. Big difference. About
two months ago, I met an ENTP. There was an immediate connection; from the moment we shook hands onward, the creative ideas, the rapport, the laughter, it never stops for long. It's absolutely crazy how comfortable we immediatly felt, both of us spilling our guts about everything. It feels like we've known each other forever, but just finally got to meet. I think that if we didn't share similar world views and ideas that maybe we wouldn't get along, so my guess is that values plays a big part in it. But, I do love the creativity and the willingness to really think about any idea that I throw out there. I love ENTP's willingness to talk about anything and to explore a million approaches to any idea that I bring up. I love the ENTP's ability to converse freely. Granted, maturity level, like with all types, plays a huge part in this. An unbalanced ENTP would be a dangerous creature but then again, an unbalanced "anything" is a dangerous creature.

Permabanned
If you had asked me a year ago (and you can look at old posts and know) I might have said something very different than what I'm now saying. Prior to this summer, I had only really known one ENTP in real life and him not well. There is a friend whom I once thought was ENTP but since then I've learned a lot more about type and a lot more about my friend and I realize that he is not ENTP but rather ESTP. Big difference. About
two months ago, I met an ENTP. There was an immediate connection; from the moment we shook hands onward, the creative ideas, the rapport, the laughter, it never stops for long. It's absolutely crazy how comfortable we immediatly felt, both of us spilling our guts about everything. It feels like we've known each other forever, but just finally got to meet. I think that if we didn't share similar world views and ideas that maybe we wouldn't get along, so my guess is that values plays a big part in it. But, I do love the creativity and the willingness to really think about any idea that I throw out there. I love ENTP's willingness to talk about anything and to explore a million approaches to any idea that I bring up. I love the ENTP's ability to converse freely. Granted, maturity level, like with all types, plays a huge part in this. An unbalanced ENTP would be a dangerous creature but then again, an unbalanced "anything" is a dangerous creature.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends on the ENTP.

I know several. One I love in small doses. She can grate after awhile. One is fun to be around. He's witty and funny and gets my dark twisted sense of humor. Our conversations are deep and often random and hilarious.
The last is one of the most insufferable, egotistical assholes I've ever met. He likes to push buttons, and will not back off even after he's been told he's crossed the line. The final straw for me was when he used personal and very private information about me (of which he didn't know the whole story and had nothing to do with the topic at hand) in a debate to attack me.

The other is an older ENTP in her sixties and she's one of the best people I know.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Good to see you again Ene :)

Serpent

Mom and several friends are ENTP's, love them...when they grate the nerves like a grill, leave em' - until convalescence period prepares me for renewal. Emotional vamps but funny ones at that.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thank you [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]

pmg_entp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
People either love me or hate me.

I leave no one indifferent.:shrug:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don’t why they like me so much, but I seem to attract them. I genuinely don’t know why.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Either we get along, or we don't. There has miraculously never been a middle ground irl.
Then again, I think I mostly met those unhealthy / immature ones who like flaunting their ego and intelligence.

For some odd reason, they generally like me and I struggle to peel them off.
The most ironic part is that the methods I used to rebuff them usually ends up making them latch onto me even more.
This really, really irritates me.

At worst, they are chaotic, needlessly argumentative, pushy, and arrogant.
At best, they are loyal, jovial, energetically dynamic, and discerning.
Whatever it is, I am definitely always initially wary of them. Better safe than sorry.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My relationship with ENTPs (as far as I'm concerned) have been quite good, and I always get along with other ENTPs too :D

Honestly, who couldn't get along with us? I'm sure even those who think they don't can't help but find this type cool

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They tend to trust me. They out talk me, and before I get a word out I just nod because of telepathy. We can get attracted to each other way too fast, mostly because we share similar teasing games and accepting of habbits. I have a tendency to flip my words subconsciously when I'm trying to say how I feel... They seem to do something similar and the chemistry begins. (They flirt so much I'd just pretend I didn't like it, but really they knew how much I f*ken loved them for being such an assh*le in the best way possible. Dear god, I am so f*ked up). I for one relate to them, and because so I see my stregnths and weaknesses in them. I also hate certain things in myself that make me despise ENTPs. Sometimes, when I see them I shake my head in dissapointment of what I consider weakness in myself for their conclusions and behavior.

When I was less developed I used to seek out the ENTP traits not knowing they were ENTP... I just wanted to be around them and soak up their opinions on anything and everything...that had been distorted by my ESFJ mother, and overall cultural thoughts. They really didn't know why I liked them so much, many logical brain orgasms and satisfaction being around them.

Even with all the fun, I felt guilty and empty inside because it wasn't meaningful... leaving me for wanting more. Maybe if I wasn't so emotionally vulnerable and overall a complete f*ck up needing confirmation and reassurance, we'd be pretty compatible. Eh, I have lots of mommy and daddy issues, highly increasing my sensitivity. We ain't gonna be crossing each other's paths too often for my sake.

All in all: We both are short tempered and really just have a hard time staying mad at each other.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They tend to be drawn to me. I've even joked they've been following me around this past year because I've gotten several in my life. I think the ladies relate to me because there are so few of their own type that are female. I'm their cousin type as an ENFP I suppose. I've had a couple female ones tell me I was like their twin... and while I loved each dearly, I didn't personally feel that similar to them in personality lol (so reciprocated love, but not reciprocated feelings of being similar). I think I can keep up with them mentally and our humor can be similar... But I'm such a sensitive little snowflake lol. I don't see how they relate to me with my ooey gooey feely goodness.

I feel like lately I tend to get a lot of friend/mentor crushes on them too. I do have a crush on one: I am rabid about Contrapoints. I fangirl over her and her YouTube channel and by golly is she ever an ENTP if I've ever seen one!

I think the ENTP male ones are fun to watch. Like I played tabletop gaming with a much older one that would obsessively neg his wife and it was like really adorable to watch him bait her for attention.

I really tend to dislike the womanizing ones that are more "pretty boy". But the nerdy males are so much fun!

I also have an ENTP enby friend who I totally have a friendship crush on. I moved away before I got the chance to get close to them BUT I SWEAR TO GOD WE WOULD'VE BEEN BESTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!