• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feeling Bittersweet after Ending Friendship with INTJ

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I feel mixed (sad but relieved) about basically ending my friendship after a year and a half.

I don't know what to think. Was it unfair for me to end the friendship?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Personally Id say nah you didn't do wrong as if you don't feel you are connecting and enjoying a relationship then there's no point in dragging it out. Personally I would in a case similar to yours deregulate them intimacy wise like from close friend to buddy so to speak but then that could be crueller long run than just dropping them.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personally Id say nah you didn't do wrong as if you don't feel you are connecting and enjoying a relationship then there's no point in dragging it out. Personally I would in a case similar to yours deregulate them intimacy wise like from close friend to buddy so to speak but then that could be crueller long run than just dropping them.

Yeah, I tried to decrease the intimacy but we kept getting back into the same place.

The last time we hung out, he kept trying to ask about my life and job but I didn't feel very compelled and then we talked about his dates. It was as if we really didn't have much to talk about.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What did you tell him when you broke up?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
UPDATE: I somehow managed to put the friendship on an official "hiatus" vs. permanently ending it.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
UPDATE: I restarted the friendship because I just missed him so bad. I still can't believe that I walked away twice but he still accepted me back with open arms. I got to hand it to the INTJ... the loyalty is strong.

I put it in clear terms and he agreed not to talk about his dating and sex life and lack of motivation. ☺️

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like updates