User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    That sounds like a lot to carry inside.
    If I find a way to let it out safely, I'll diffuse it.

But it could be worse.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    If I find a way to let it out safely, I'll diffuse it.

But it could be worse.
    Sounds like you could use some professional help with that, ever considered it?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post
    I had an interesting conversation with my best friend who is ISFJ to my INTP about relationships and what we seek in a relationship...why we would even pursue one. She and I had very similar answers, and it got me to thinking about Mr. INTJ, and INTJs in general knowing all that I have learned in recent months.

What is it about a person that makes you want to pursue a relationship with a person? What are you looking for/hoping to find in a relationship? What are the best things about being with another person?

And on a side note, at what point do you know you want to stop being single and form a relationship with another person? What is the tipping point?
    To be honest I have so much trauma from my last relationship that I'm pretty numb to the idea of forming a new one. It's only been five months but usually I move on pretty quickly emotionally, this seems different. Never say never but anytime I even get close to thinking about a person in a relationship respect in real life I cut off and feel 'meh'.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Blue View Post
    Sounds like you could use some professional help with that, ever considered it?
    I don't think that would help me, really (thanks for the suggestion though), but at the moment I'm doing really well, I've started to see a way forward and work is settling down.

I guess I can't picture how to fit professional help into my life and finances. I'm also hyper conscious of these flaws, so I'm unwilling to get into any close relations until I feel or have evidence that I've developed in a better way.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    487 sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

What are you looking for/hoping to find in a relationship?
    I'm looking for affection, intellectual stimulation, and emotional fear.

What are the best things about being with another person?
    Being in admiration by her physical and spiritual beauty.

Feeling forced to seduce her in return.

And on a side note, at what point do you know you want to stop being single and form a relationship with another person?
    I need to learn how to admire women first.

Then I need to learn how to assess psychological impact on women.

Then I need to learn how to have favorable psychological impact to them.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    147 sp/so

What is it about a person that makes you want to pursue a relationship with a person? What are you looking for/hoping to find in a relationship? What are the best things about being with another person?

And on a side note, at what point do you know you want to stop being single and form a relationship with another person? What is the tipping point?
    1) I am so rarely attracted to anyone (I’m demiromantic) that it’s a Serious Thing when I finally am - so when I know, I know.

2) Partnership, togetherness, intimacy, love, joy.

3) Having someone to share everything with.

4) See #1.
    ”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/4w5/7w8 sp/so (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

I fooled around a lot but decided to take a risk because I was getting bored and unhappy. I am usually not a "relationship" type of person.... in fact, I didn't get in one until I was almost 30. Anxious-avoidant attachment style FTW, lol

My SO and I seem to have very complimentary values and visions so I am hoping for the best. Interestingly, I am ENFJ and he's ISTP but we don't seem all that opposite.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Boredom, inspiration, distraction, fun, as far as I can tell; same reason anyone else does really.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESE None

Predominantly, the way they make me feel... am I excited to see them and talk to them? Do I think about them all the time? Do they make me smile when they aren't even around.

The best thing about being with someone is knowing I am the best version of myself and they are the best version of themselves. When we're constantly looking out for each other. Even the small things like asking if they need a glass of water. You want to make sure they are happy as that makes you happy!