• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Afraid of a Relationship

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
sadly traumas dont increase sadness with me, rather sarcasm

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had an INTJ friend that was petrified - almost phobic after a broken engagement. He wasn’t ready for years. In fact, as a friend I saw him date but there was sooo much underlying anger and transferring his prior feelings towards these new girls....frankly, I felt badly for them. It wasn’t their faults but he was very critical. He needed some years to ‘cool off’.

I would befriend, keep steady but don’t push too much. He may take you up (inferior Se) but not really be dealing with his full normal judging capability. Basically, he was a hot mess that looked in control but no, he wasn’t.

I encountered something similar with an INTJ friend who took a couple of years off of dating only to get a wedding invite from his ex-gf about two days into this experiment. He was completely unprepared for this announcement and it threw him for a major loop of hypercriticalness, the likes of seen the world has never seen. Some years passed and I was thrilled to discover that he had caught the eye of the queen of extraversion and charm from his work, who pursued him like gravity pursues rain. They just got married last summer and the joy he exudes in his photos... it just makes you smile to see.

So I say all of that to say: yes, it can happen, but it can and most likely will take awhile. It will most likely not involve something that you can control or do. The stars just have to align above, and the earth has to alight just right below.

No matter how amazing someone's potential may be - it isn't worth losing yourself on someone else's timetable.

StarFollowed

Stardust
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This isn’t type-related.

I was afraid of relationships (ENFP), but I met my husband and I wasn’t afraid anymore.