• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP Female and ISTP Male Relationship

Annabelle

MBTI Type
INTP
I am an INTP, and have fallen for a male ISTP (I am pretty sure). He is a retired detective. I think he is very cool guy because we are so opposite in some ways but strangely similar in other ways. The thing that I wonder about is that we are both pretty open ended and it seems we both are waiting on the other to become more serious. Sometimes I feel he is hinting to see how I feel, bet it goes over my head and then the moment is gone to bring up the topic. He is very independent, spontaneous, and a problem-solver. I like that he never pressures me, and he likes (I think) that I do not pressure him to talk about feelings and things like that. So I wonder, without an EF in the relationship can this possible work? We live a bit away from each other, but talk and text every day in the morning and the evening. We do have lots of very good sex, and I feel like he cares for me and likes the sex. He was hurt very bad in a previous relationship. Any thoughts or suggestions? Part of me is okay with the way things are, but there is a practical side to myself that I wonder if I am making more out of a non-existent relationship (My esfj friend says, I need to wake up, I was in a relationship with him--awesome warm guy, but drove me crazy with pressures to express my emotions all the time).

Any advice...or thoughts on the matter?

Last edited: