• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJs...Protective of Personal Space

INTerran

To the INTJs here, how protective of your personal spaces (i.e. your house) are you? How important/close would a person need to be in order to be invited/given the ok to help organize/rearrange say your kitchen or living room?

Starry

To the INTJs here, how protective of your personal spaces (i.e. your house) are you? How important/close would a person need to be in order to be invited/given the ok to help organize/rearrange say your kitchen or living room?

Never

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am extremely protective of personal space. Such help would be accepted only from someone who rightly shares that space, like a SO or roommate. Otherwise the only "help" accepted would be manual labor: moving items too large/heavy for one person, carrying and sorting at my direction, cleaning, etc.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The memories.
It depends on how you perceive the other person.
If you can share almost any of your thoughts and emotions with someone, you're likely to let them in physically too.
I have an older sister of mine who can have the keys of my home and let her organize my space for I know she's trustworthy, structured, helps people without any subtle motives, and yeah, she loves me.
I have another sister, the elder, who, even today, can just dream of having access to any space, nor information about me. She's needy, nosy,helplessly manipulative and when I was busy, she would try her chances and violate my privacy and Me time with a suffocating demeanor, which is the worst thing you can do to an INTJ, only to be mercilessly cut off with style.
Whenever we feel there is an attempt to recklessly invade our personal space, there will be consequences.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I entrusted someone to clean my apartment once, never again, the horror, I was so stressed that day, when I got back my worst fears were realised. I would never allow someone else to clean my place unless they understand exactly what goes where. I only invited a neighbour to enter my place once after a couple of years. I guess I'm mostly keeping to myself. e5 stuff.

I broke up with her over that, I just couldn't deal with the chaos they created by shoving everything together in a box, it might have seemed chaotic to them, but to me I at least knew where to get what, and now I don't know where anything is. If there was 20 tiny screws all thrown into a box with other stuff that have their own set of screws... the I just can't imagine.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I broke up with her over that, I just couldn't deal with the chaos they created by shoving everything together in a box, it might have seemed chaotic to them, but to me I at least knew where to get what, and now I don't know where anything is. If there was 20 tiny screws all thrown into a box with other stuff that have their own set of screws... the I just can't imagine.
People take the term organized in an aeshetic manner. They don't know that there exists order and an organized structure even inside an entropy and a seemingly chaotic perception.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

They never would be given the invite because I excel at organization. That's not a boast, I could do it professionally.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
My oldest friend is an INTJ; when we were kids, We'd help each other build booby traps for guarding our spaces; as adults; his house is set up like Tom Jayne's apartment in the Punisher no matter where he is in in his house, he's within arms reach of some means of home defense... It is quite literally a thing of beauty...

INTerran

This is too funny! The INTJ I'm seeing is the same way. His thing is fire arms. He collects them. I've never seen one unless he's brought it out to show me, but I know they are there. Safely hidden, but always within easy reach.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I once reached out to touch an INTJ's shoulder, pulled back a bloody stump.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I once reached out to touch an INTJ's shoulder, pulled back a bloody stump.
Being touched is another matter entirely. Unless you are my SO or best friend, don't even think of it. I really cannot understand what drives some people to be so . . . touchy. I usually content myself with stepping away and giving them a pointed look, though.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Being touched is another matter entirely. Unless you are my SO or best friend, don't even think of it. I really cannot understand what drives some people to be so . . . touchy. I usually content myself with stepping away and giving them a pointed look, though.

This. No touching.

Starry

I can't like this post Coriolis haha so I will say that I agree wholeheartedly. I honestly believe it is quite often an attempt to assert dominance.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Even if you are my friend, don't ever touch me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The no touch thing I thought was just a introvert thing in general.

I have issues with that even when my wife and son touch me unexpectedly.

The no touch thing I thought was just a introvert thing in general.

I have issues with that even when my wife and son touch me unexpectedly.
Yeah I'm not too big on it myself. Not unless it's by a SO. Strangers need to observe the four foot personal space rule.