• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensing vs Feeling

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Alot of introverted perceptive people put a false priority on "logical" confusing it with "thinkers". Thinking uses logic, but logical IS NOT the priority as much as creating the logic paths.

What are you talking about/why did you quote me? This has nothing to do with my comment. I didn't say anything about logic or Thinkers.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I dont understand any of this as it applies to me as a sensor. Wish i could help more. My 2 cents...feelings are part of the big picture...it comes into play dependent on strength of feeling. Weak feelings dont mean much but they are still registered, stronger feelings mean more. I DO NOT strictly use feelings for anything unless my body hits self protection mode and at that point i CANNOT control it. It controls me...i do not hit that point very much as i dont allow myself to get there a whole lot. Sensing has nothing to do with logic...its perception which may or may not be logical. If a perciever places a high value on logical they will shoot for logical, if they dont they wont. Due to the high value on logical they lack alot of logic skills as logical and logic are two completely different things in action. Logical aims for a path, logic is a mere set of if/then/else. The difference is that logical puts data first, logic puts itself first. Data flows through logic...logical is about trying to flow logic through the data. I am the most laid back active person just about ever. I fan change on plans at the flick of the wrist with no issues. My only sticking point is high priority...i will not veer away from high priority...i may switch gears, take a different path...but i am still heading toward the priority. I can process strong emotions fine...i just let it flow. Best i can describe it is walking through a swamp inside observing and experiencing. I really dont understand what you deem "sensor" much. My sensing side is what causes me to run as opposed to hunker down inside. Its what gets me to say screw logic, "just do it" for experience.
Poki you just make my little enfp heart explode. Thank you for always putting things in a way that I can understand. My mind can go in loops and so it can be hard for me to draw lines clearly as to which function does what exactly when broken down into daily functions ( concerns about punctuality or the tendency to state things matter of factly regardless of how the other person may "feel" about what was said etc)
I really just wanted to know which function provides exactly what you did up there. Which is the thing I looooooove about ISTP and I thought it was the sensing aspect .
you are able to connect the dots and streamline things that I tend to loop around and you don't get emotionally charged about it or argue for the sake of an argument, your interest lies in generally assisting someone with understanding a concept with out making them feel judged. :blush: