• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP's who have dated INFJ'S what was it like?

Starry

"If you act happy...you are happy. If you act happy in no way are you exerting yourself in a meaningful way or doing something with thought or purpose that has great value. So much of what we do goes unnoticed I think"
^^^ This..also people automatically think your always Just's miss ducking sunshine, and when you need to recharge they ask "what's wrong?" "Your not yourself" they have no idea how Much energy is needed to light up the room and how exausting it can be to feed sparkle dust to other people. It's like people feel like your letting them down if your not lighting shit up.
But I will tell you when I am lighting up a room or my sparkle is on full blast, I feel like no one is as alive in that moment as I am.
the only thing I've ever attracted to myself is moths, people who are drawn to the sparkle instinctually but end up not knowing what to do with it when they encounter it, and trying to change that, oh and to sparkle just for me not for everyone else's "amusement" as they seem to think we are the entertainment. I'm not obligated to make your experience a positive one. ☄️🌟✨

Okay...the way I thought this was going to go down is that I would be the one telling you this stuff... (Is that little blue icon a tampon applicator? The awesomeness of Life being regenerated for me is kinda riding on that being the case.)

I can't get medical doctors to believe there's something wrong with me when there is. When I was a little girl I was sent home with a broken bone...pneumonia that almost ended up killing me...all kinds of childhood illnesses... and the reasoning was always "trust me, *if* she had X problem she would be screaming or crying...but look at her...she seems just fine to me." <-So yah...if I have a broken bone and am unable to get that bit of info across to a doctor... You definitely know I'm lying my ass off and there's actually some huge problem that I'm hiding if I tell regular folk I don't feel up for coffee.

I know you want someone to love you for your shine because the shine ultimately represents a better way of life we believe and we want tons more people on-board. If you like the shine you are now simultaneously liking the entire philosophy... Eat dessert first; Life is uncertain. The problem is...is that philosophies attract...people that are lost...people that expect you to make the world okay for them...people that are sick...people that are dependent on the shine always shining because it reminds them of the philosophy...moths...

^^I understood none of this prior to being pushed over the edge and returning with "From now on I'm shining like a bitch."

Do not extinguish yourself...but do not allow it to be your romantic yardstick.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Okay...the way I thought this was going to go down is that I would be the one telling you this stuff... (Is that little blue icon a tampon applicator? The awesomeness of Life being regenerated for me is kinda riding on that being the case.) I can't get medical doctors to believe there's something wrong with me when there is. When I was a little girl I was sent home with a broken bone...pneumonia that almost ended up killing me...all kinds of childhood illnesses... and the reasoning was always "trust me, *if* she had X problem she would be screaming or crying...but look at her...she seems just fine to me."
(It's a flaming vibrator lol)
I had to sit with all of this last night. You are so right,
"if you like the shine you are now simultaneously liking the whole philosophy."
^^ I am still actually absorbing all of this because it rings so true for me and the philosophy does attract those who are lost because it does represent a better way and we appear to be so certain.
this "she seems just fine to me answer" has always applied to me until I totally implode ( for extroverts we sure do internalize) why do you think we do this, is it for them or for us? Is it to protect ourselves because we don't feel safe showing "the dark side of our moon" in essence or because we want to be who people assume we are?

Starry

(It's a flaming vibrator lol)

I am reborn.

I had to sit with all of this last night. You are so right,
"if you like the shine you are now simultaneously liking the whole philosophy."
^^ I am still actually absorbing all of this because it rings so true for me and the philosophy does attract those who are lost because it does represent a better way and we appear to be so certain.

Prior to my last official? formal? committed all-in relationship ending in the epic PTSD causing disaster it had been barreling towards all along without me knowing it... I absolutely selected solely from the *is down with the shine* dude pool because I was under the impression it somehow guaranteed me an other half that saw value in what it was I was truly attempting to do. I thought that diggin *it* at the 'I want to be your boyfriend' level somehow magically meant the guy had an insider's understanding of the shine's purpose and I would finally be appreciated for all those things that go unnoticed. "Look at all that Starry does to try and bring happiness into the lives of others..." I thought this guaranteed me an individual that understood I understood exactly what I was doing...and that this philosophy wasn't a joke but had true merit worth examining and incorporating into the grander scheme of things for a greater sense of wellbeing. If a dude digged the shine...if they understood the shine's purpose...I would finally be seen as a strategic, sophisticated adult with a high intelligence and meaningful vision...none of this "much like children" <-fuck.

Unfortunately...that is not how it works. There's no way to separate out the shine likers in order to determine who will soon need to kill your sparkle. I'm now flying the worst of it at all times. But with you...look to dudes that appreciate you when you aren't lighting up a room.

this "she seems just fine to me answer" has always applied to me until I totally implode ( for extroverts we sure do internalize) why do you think we do this, is it for them or for us? Is it to protect ourselves because we don't feel safe showing "the dark side of our moon" in essence or because we want to be who people assume we are?

It's time... :cry:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneatypes/64988-wisdom-enneagram-seven.html

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...I would finally be seen as a strategic, sophisticated adult with a high intelligence and meaningful vision...none of this "much like children" <-fuck.

You are a strategic, sophisticated adult with a high intelligence and meaningful vision... I believe this 100%

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are a strategic, sophisticated adult with a high intelligence and meaningful vision... I believe this 100%

So it has nothing to do with Just go with it?

Your virtue, your intelligence, your passion.
Your beauty, your drive, and your womanhood.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that. And living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.
Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”

Feeling this all the way through my being. I won't forget this ever.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
"And if we could float away
Fly up to the surface and just start again
Lift off before trouble just erodes us in the rain
Just erodes us in the rain
Just erodes us and see roses in the rain saying
Slow it down
Through chaos as it swirls
It's us against the world"
us against the world - Coldplay
and you had asked before I'm a 7w6

Starry

nono thank you for this. This message is meaningful to me and subsequently means a great deal that you were so kind in creating it.

I noticed yesterday when I went to grab the link for the 7s thread that you had posted in there which makes me wonder whether you've gathered that I very much see what I wrote as describing a person that no longer exists at best...as I've dedicated many hours to questioning whether I can claim to have ever existed with those qualities in a legitimate form seeing they were upheld by a rather stubborn case of positive outlook and not truly owned by me like they should have been but rather dependent on the future possibility of being seen.

In my mind I possess none of that now. But if you can see the ghosts of Starry past... perhaps I can claim that they were real and they were mine. Thank you for this gift.

Starry

“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that. And living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.
Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”

Feeling this all the way through my being. I won't forget this ever.

Oh and look at what you are doing. There's a whole lot of full circle happening here for me so I'm so glad I dedicated myself to helping all the young ENFPs wtf

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Oh and look at what you are doing. There's a whole lot of full circle happening here for me so I'm so glad I dedicated myself to helping all the young ENFPs wtf
I am so deep in the wisdom of the 7 enneagram thread. Some really. Stop and think stuff on what has proven to be a very emotional day for me. Trying to look at the negative and not just box it and hope it goes away but it's hard.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay...the way I thought this was going to go down is that I would be the one telling you this stuff... (Is that little blue icon a tampon applicator? The awesomeness of Life being regenerated for me is kinda riding on that being the case.)

I can't get medical doctors to believe there's something wrong with me when there is. When I was a little girl I was sent home with a broken bone...pneumonia that almost ended up killing me...all kinds of childhood illnesses... and the reasoning was always "trust me, *if* she had X problem she would be screaming or crying...but look at her...she seems just fine to me." <-So yah...if I have a broken bone and am unable to get that bit of info across to a doctor... You definitely know I'm lying my ass off and there's actually some huge problem that I'm hiding if I tell regular folk I don't feel up for coffee.

I know you want someone to love you for your shine because the shine ultimately represents a better way of life we believe and we want tons more people on-board. If you like the shine you are now simultaneously liking the entire philosophy... Eat dessert first; Life is uncertain. The problem is...is that philosophies attract...people that are lost...people that expect you to make the world okay for them...people that are sick...people that are dependent on the shine always shining because it reminds them of the philosophy...moths...

^^I understood none of this prior to being pushed over the edge and returning with "From now on I'm shining like a bitch."

Do not extinguish yourself...but do not allow it to be your romantic yardstick.

I'm not an ENFP but I relate so much to this. Thank you for posting that. <3

Starry

A quote from the movie: Just Go with It (2011) from the scene where the character Ian Maxtone Jones said to his wife Devlin Adams.

I haven't seen this chubber. Maybe I'll watch tonight! Also...you have a really unique way of getting others to think that I find fascinating. And not just because I'm imagining you being 4yo and asking adults really penetrating questions that they can't answer...

Starry

I am so deep in the wisdom of the 7 enneagram thread. Some really. Stop and think stuff on what has proven to be a very emotional day for me. Trying to look at the negative and not just box it and hope it goes away but it's hard.

Sit with the pain and sadness as there's no law against having big emotions. (I'm super excited because I know you will avoid so many of the mistakes I made)

Starry

I'm not an ENFP but I relate so much to this. Thank you for posting that. <3

I often do end up believing only ENFPs understand me so this is incredibly good news for me to receive :wink:

I love that you are bigger than type and extend beyond all boundaries. Thank you for being here

whoops...I should say though that it's the Positive Outlook in this instance since you are clearly part of the Positive Outlook family

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't seen this chubber. Maybe I'll watch tonight! Also...you have a really unique way of getting others to think that I find fascinating. And not just because I'm imagining you being 4yo and asking adults really penetrating questions that they can't answer...

I made you think? Think about what? :thinking:

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Sit with the pain and sadness as there's no law against having big emotions. (I'm super excited because I know you will avoid so many of the mistakes I made)
" I'm asking you to start from a place of sobriety. Everything's the same...you behave the same...you work towards the same goals... the only difference is you are to no longer pre-judge what is good and what is bad. What is success and what is failure. You are going to release the magical outcome...so you can enjoy the journey. So you can exist in reality sober (fully awake)...you will take what happens to you in reality...and then apply the e7 positivity, gratitude...and magic."
you know this gonna kick my ass right here

- - - Updated - - -

" I'm asking you to start from a place of sobriety. Everything's the same...you behave the same...you work towards the same goals... the only difference is you are to no longer pre-judge what is good and what is bad. What is success and what is failure. You are going to release the magical outcome...so you can enjoy the journey. So you can exist in reality sober (fully awake)...you will take what happens to you in reality...and then apply the e7 positivity, gratitude...and magic."
you know this gonna kick my ass right here

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So it has nothing to do with Just go with it?
Not to be an ass, but imo personality-wise...
High intelligence and meaningful vision: Ne
Sophisticated: Fi
Strategic: Te

-_- and yes, I believe what ppl say, whether positive or negative; within reason.

A quote from the movie: Just Go with It (2011) from the scene where the character Ian Maxtone Jones said to his wife Devlin Adams.
Omg, lol. I've seen that movie... Just don't recall the scene. xD