• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP interested?

sl125

I have an ENFP friend that I have known for a few years. Although I have known him through friends we never really talked much.

It was sort of odd because I noticed when we were together he would constantly say my name for no reason. Suddenly toward the end of last year he friended me on both of my social media accounts. One night I had posted about feeling lonely and he messaged me. Sending me some very comforting messages and giving me his number. We had some very deep conversations over the next month and a half and hung out some.

He asked what my type was once but guessed ENFJ before I could answer. I hadn't taken the test in years and had honestly forgotten. When I took it this time it said ENFJ but with no particular leaning toward E vs. I. However, when I read discriptions of INFJ I feel like I'm reading about myself.

I was attracted to him very quickly. A mutual friend told me that she knew if he were interested he wouldn't admit it. I ended up admitting to him that I was interested but he told me he had never thought about me like that. He said he was sorry if he had misled me and seemed genuinely concerned over my feelings at that point. I backed off for a while. After maybe a month we started hanging out some again in groups.

Another mutual friend and I were planning on going to a festival that was a few hours away. I invited him and he made arrangements to come. It ended up being a 14 hour day. He offered to buy us coffee and actually did buy me dinner at the end of the day. Although it was late and we had been out so long he still invited us to hang out at his house. He mentioned love languages and said his was physical touch. I already knew mine would probably be the same. The test confirmed it at which point he actually suggested the 3 of us sit in a circle and give back massage (didn't happen though)

I had also invited several friends to karaoke one night. He came and rented a pool table. As big as the place was he literally stood so close to me that we were arm to arm.

Recently he has been going out of his way to be around me more. He asked a friend if I could come and watch a movie with them. There was another couple there plus another girl that is pretty much like a sister to him. Before the movie he was looking at the hosts anatomy book and looked directly at me and told me he has actually studied up on the female cycle. I thought it was endearing. We all got put out of out friends house at about 9:30pm so they could go to bed. After that he invited me and his best guy friend over to his house. He fixed us something to eat and told us to make ourselves at home.

As far as the physical contact thing he is often changing his seat so he can sit next to me. Even if it means being smushed in the middle of the back seat of a car. We were even on a country road and he seemed to enjoy it when I playfully leaned into him when going around a curve. He also lingers around me when we are about to part ways. I'm almost positive he is hoping for a hug. He had never initiated one and I try not to seem creepy by doing it all the time (although I asked, and he says I've never made him feel uncomfortable with my hugs)

This past week we spent 4 days in a row together. He has been asking me a lot of questions and often even asks me if I think his behavior was acceptable in a certain situation. Like if what he said was inappropriate or if he shouldn't have played that weird video, or if the movie he chose was ok.. And even if his response to being tickled was bad (high pitched scream).

I tend to flirt with him some and he seems to enjoy it. Like me giving him a Hershey kiss and telling him not to tell anybody that I "gave him a kiss". He has also been making a lot of eye contact. Sometimes one of us will say something while we are sitting next to eachother and he will look at me out of the corner of his eye and grin all big. When we are talking he will just look at me all intently. He even realized Sunday that I wasn't feeling good.. I told him I was ok. And he started asking me if I enjoyed all the the things we had done the day before. I was also talking about riding motorcycles and he seemed interested in going. And when I mentioned having water skis he said he wanted to try it(finding reasons to be together?)

He has also started complimenting me suddenly. From my socks, to my shoes and my shirt..

It is to the point where people are asking a mutual friend if we have something going on between us. Whether or not he realizes it I feel like we have pretty intense chemistry. He can tell a cheesy joke that I have never heard and I somehow know the punchline. I can also look at him and know when he is anxious or worried and he can look at me and know when I don't feel good.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up after what happened before but I feel like things are changing between us. Does it sound like he is interested?

Sorry for being long winded. I look forward to getting some input.
BTW, he is 12 years my senior if it makes a difference.

Starry

I have an ENFP friend that I have known for a few years. Although I have known him through friends we never really talked much.

It was sort of odd because I noticed when we were together he would constantly say my name for no reason. Suddenly toward the end of last year he friended me on both of my social media accounts. One night I had posted about feeling lonely and he messaged me. Sending me some very comforting messages and giving me his number. We had some very deep conversations over the next month and a half and hung out some.

He asked what my type was once but guessed ENFJ before I could answer. I hadn't taken the test in years and had honestly forgotten. When I took it this time it said ENFJ but with no particular leaning toward E vs. I. However, when I read discriptions of INFJ I feel like I'm reading about myself.

I was attracted to him very quickly. A mutual friend told me that she knew if he were interested he wouldn't admit it. I ended up admitting to him that I was interested but he told me he had never thought about me like that. He said he was sorry if he had misled me and seemed genuinely concerned over my feelings at that point. I backed off for a while. After maybe a month we started hanging out some again in groups.

Another mutual friend and I were planning on going to a festival that was a few hours away. I invited him and he made arrangements to come. It ended up being a 14 hour day. He offered to buy us coffee and actually did buy me dinner at the end of the day. Although it was late and we had been out so long he still invited us to hang out at his house. He mentioned love languages and said his was physical touch. I already knew mine would probably be the same. The test confirmed it at which point he actually suggested the 3 of us sit in a circle and give back massage (didn't happen though)

I had also invited several friends to karaoke one night. He came and rented a pool table. As big as the place was he literally stood so close to me that we were arm to arm.

Recently he has been going out of his way to be around me more. He asked a friend if I could come and watch a movie with them. There was another couple there plus another girl that is pretty much like a sister to him. Before the movie he was looking at the hosts anatomy book and looked directly at me and told me he has actually studied up on the female cycle. I thought it was endearing. We all got put out of out friends house at about 9:30pm so they could go to bed. After that he invited me and his best guy friend over to his house. He fixed us something to eat and told us to make ourselves at home.

As far as the physical contact thing he is often changing his seat so he can sit next to me. Even if it means being smushed in the middle of the back seat of a car. We were even on a country road and he seemed to enjoy it when I playfully leaned into him when going around a curve. He also lingers around me when we are about to part ways. I'm almost positive he is hoping for a hug. He had never initiated one and I try not to seem creepy by doing it all the time (although I asked, and he says I've never made him feel uncomfortable with my hugs)

This past week we spent 4 days in a row together. He has been asking me a lot of questions and often even asks me if I think his behavior was acceptable in a certain situation. Like if what he said was inappropriate or if he shouldn't have played that weird video, or if the movie he chose was ok.. And even if his response to being tickled was bad (high pitched scream).

I tend to flirt with him some and he seems to enjoy it. Like me giving him a Hershey kiss and telling him not to tell anybody that I "gave him a kiss". He has also been making a lot of eye contact. Sometimes one of us will say something while we are sitting next to eachother and he will look at me out of the corner of his eye and grin all big. When we are talking he will just look at me all intently. He even realized Sunday that I wasn't feeling good.. I told him I was ok. And he started asking me if I enjoyed all the the things we had done the day before. I was also talking about riding motorcycles and he seemed interested in going. And when I mentioned having water skis he said he wanted to try it(finding reasons to be together?)

He has also started complimenting me suddenly. From my socks, to my shoes and my shirt..

It is to the point where people are asking a mutual friend if we have something going on between us. Whether or not he realizes it I feel like we have pretty intense chemistry. He can tell a cheesy joke that I have never heard and I somehow know the punchline. I can also look at him and know when he is anxious or worried and he can look at me and know when I don't feel good.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up after what happened before but I feel like things are changing between us. Does it sound like he is interested?

Sorry for being long winded. I look forward to getting some input.
BTW, he is 12 years my senior if it makes a difference.

Yes, it sounds as if he is interested.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He sounds like he's playing some kind of head game. I don't know your age but if you're under 25, him being 12 years older just reinforces the skeez factor.

Does he just prod you for info? Or does he share intimate things about himself? That's what is suspect. The questions he asks you are intimate. Too intimate for someone who explicitly said they were not interested. Therfore, it should be off limits.

Because....why else would he say he isn't interested then play with suggestiveness? It's not normal. It's like he's chumming the waters but not casting his line...yet.

I mean, you could be reading too much into things, that is also an option but it doesn't sound like it.

sl125

He sounds like he's playing some kind of head game. I don't know your age but if you're under 25, him being 12 years older just reinforces the skeez factor. Does he just prod you for info? Or does he share intimate things about himself? That's what is suspect. The questions he asks you are intimate. Too intimate for someone who explicitly said they were not interested. Therfore, it should be off limits. Because....why else would he say he isn't interested then play with suggestiveness? It's not normal. It's like he's chumming the waters but not casting his line...yet. I mean, you could be reading too much into things, that is also an option but it doesn't sound like it.
I am one year below your skeez mark. However due to the many difficulties I have faced in my lifetime I have always been told that I am very mature. He is also right in my preferred age range.
He doesn't just prod. He has willingly talked about difficulties in his own childhood, a past fear of women, His love for music, language (we are hoping to take a language class with friends to become missionaries of sorts)and his big plans for space travel in the future.. just to name a few things.
I could be wrong... But the thing that has changed is that I literally only saw him two or three times a year before. Not often at all. I look back and admit it was crazy of me to jump in so quickly once we started talking.. But now we end up around each other at least once a week. If not multiple times a week. So that being the case I would guess maybe his feelings Have changed because he is actually getting to know me?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am one year below your skeez mark. However due to the many difficulties I have faced in my lifetime I have always been told that I am very mature. He is also right in my preferred age range.
He doesn't just prod. He has willingly talked about difficulties in his own childhood, a past fear of women, His love for music, language (we are hoping to take a language class with friends to become missionaries of sorts)and his big plans for space travel in the future.. just to name a few things.
I could be wrong... But the thing that has changed is that I literally only saw him two or three times a year before. Not often at all. I look back and admit it was crazy of me to jump in so quickly once we started talking.. But now we end up around each other at least once a week. If not multiple times a week. So that being the case I would guess maybe his feelings Have changed because he is actually getting to know me?

It's not really about maturity. That's the rationale that young, hard-lived people tell themselves to think these things are on level playing fields. Can't blame them. But I've been there and I was the type that just had to learn the hard way. Life experience by years alone, gives another sort of insight and advantage that usually trumps whatever equilibrium you think you have bestowed upon you by a hard knock life.

I could be totally wrong. I don't know you or him. But I am very wary of those that would project a fascination with me on an intimate level, but reject admission of feeling at the same time. Some part of that is provably disingenuous.

Adding in his more advanced years? This behavior is even more suspect as he is certainly not naive.

If something has changed, could be. I would approach the subject again and see if anything has changed. If so, great. If not, I would stay clear.

sl125

I suppose I will give it a little more time and see how it plays out first before I ask for a reevaluation. I will probably be seeing him tomorrow and Sunday again.
I don't know about naive... But the way a mutual friend talks it sounds as if he has never been in a relationship. But neither have I. It isn't unusual because we and our friends all share the belief that you do not date until you are ready to marry. Dating is viewed pretty seriously and most only see one or two people before finding a lifelong mate.

I agree with MPD2525. If I liked someone but kept quiet about it and then she admitted to me that she felt the same I certainly wouldn't reject the idea of a deeper relationship and then exhibit signs of being interested afterwards. Very strange behavior for a man in his thirties.

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
It sounds like he enjoys flirting and the attention that comes along with it, but he isn't interested in moving anything further or starting a relationship with you. It seems like he's somewhat playing games, like what MDP said, " I could be totally wrong. I don't know you or him. But I am very wary of those that would project a fascination with me on an intimate level, but reject admission of feeling at the same time. Some part of that is provably disingenuous. "

That's exactly what i'm trying to say- I think him showing you one thing and then not being able to live up to it is misleading, and unfair to you.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It just reads all mixed messages. He may have reasons and be into you in some ways and then think it over and worry about other things like age gaps and etc. Idk, you want him to tell you, he seems like he wants you to do all the chasing without and certainty or where it's heading. It's also possible that he is falling for you and doesn't like being pushed. Hard to say.

I think what's more important is weather you can handle things the way they are if they just stay this way and with the possibility of him moving on to another fascination.

Honestly I ended up being in relationships I didn't want to be in just because I was so interested in someone and felt it was unfair to expect them to just be ok with that and nothing romantic, although those were before I really developed my sense of self when a lot younger.

what to do, try not to focus on it.

sl125

I think he friend zoned me. He did some really sweet stuff that made me think it was going somewhere but text to say that he didn't want to hurt anybody and wanted to know if he was being too nice. He said that he has hurt people before by being himself. It leaves me sort of confused though because I had recently began to notice that his pupils were dilated when we were talking and he had started touching me on the arm more frequently in conversation. I have a feeling that a couple of mutual friends started picking on him and it scared him.
Thankfully we are still cool though. He says we are comfortable and he has been trying to help me find a job and housing near by.
Oh well.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he friend zoned me. He did some really sweet stuff that made me think it was going somewhere but text to say that he didn't want to hurt anybody and wanted to know if he was being too nice. He said that he has hurt people before by being himself. It leaves me sort of confused though because I had recently began to notice that his pupils were dilated when we were talking and he had started touching me on the arm more frequently in conversation. I have a feeling that a couple of mutual friends started picking on him and it scared him.
Thankfully we are still cool though. He says we are comfortable and he has been trying to help me find a job and housing near by.
Oh well.

People tell you who they are. Listen to who he is telling you he is and believe it.

"He said he has hurt people before by being himself."

That denotes to me that he hurt someone badly enough to be haunted over it when he was being who he really is - as opposed to whatever side of himself he is showing you. He is saying that he has two sides of himself and the other side is trouble.

He's telling you essentially that he is broken. Do you want a broken man? Or are you already thinking you can "fix" that? Maybe the last person who he hurt tried to fix him too. Just saying.

If he leans on you, please tell him to see a counselor. You aren't just friends - friends are objective. You have expressed feelings, so your objectiveness is compromised.

It sounds like you are also very religious. I come from this background as well. Please know that due to whatever purity of heart you believe in, others who say they believe themselves may be just as harmful.
----

Find a man who tells you he is interested in you. Who doesn't play hide-and-seek with his emotions, affection or pain.

sl125

I've never had any thoughts about "fixing" him. I see flaws but he is such a beautiful person as he stands.

He's been sharing with me much more recently. We were with another friend talking about life and he says that he feels like he is finally ready to date and asked our experianced friend how it works. Also talking about having kids and his struggle with his view of himself.

He's bought me coffee more than once recently and shares his beer and food with me. We were also both invited to have dinner with some friends. He wanted to play a game with everyone but we had too many players. I didn't know how to play so someone suggested we team up... He playfully said "no, I will just distract her".. But we ended up laying in the floor next to eachother and worked together on the game (won!).
He tries to be where I am more and more recently. And this ESP thing between us is so freaky.. One of us will say something that the other was about to.. And Sunday as soon as I was thinking i wanted coffee he asked if I wanted some.
He's also said more than once that age is nothing but a number, even when I told a story about a 90 year old woman crushing on a 30 year old man. So I don't know... I'm still sort of holding out hope. Especially since he is now deciding he is ready for a relationship.
A few weeks ago we went on a late night walk with a mutual friend. Our friend fell way behind. But it was so nice walking side by side while getting ponder over the beauty of the full moon and fireflies while hearing the crickets chirp. I love him. I'm just afraid of how he would react if I said it. We were in the back seat of a friends car Saturday and he said something about my crazy family.. then he apologized. I told him not to.. because it was true.. I qouted something he said before about love covering a multitude of messes.. I told him not only does it do that but love also covers a multitude of sin...Thats as close as I've gotten to telling him.

Hes just so adorable. Earlier that day he was driving. We were tired and waiting for friends in the car. He laid his seat back and closed his eyes. I was looking at him and grinning. He opened one eye a few times and looked at me. He said "thats not how it works!", being playful.
He labeled as an Ocampa as far as my Star Trek race... Someone who is clueless as to their real potential.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
First of all, I don't want you to think too much about it. He's responsible for his own feelings, and his own behavior. He seems confused about what he really wants, or confused about how he can get it.
Second of ll, it's not rocket science. If I'm sure I like a woman, I'll look at her straight into her eyes, and with undaunted confidence about my feelings, I'll let her know to consolidate my interest.
It's really that simple.

Maybe you're hoping that he musters the courage to say it outwardly and claim you. The key here, is to stop expecting anything and be your normal self.
Otherwise, if you think he's so adorable, so fluffy, just offer him a teddy bear, some chocolate and flowers, and serenade him. That will spare you the psychological tremors of overthinking, and save him the burden of manning up.

You may kiss the groom.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First of all, I don't want you to think too much about it. He's responsible for his own feelings, and his own behavior. He seems confused about what he really wants, or confused about how he can get it.
Second of ll, it's not rocket science. If I'm sure I like a woman, I'll look at her straight into her eyes, and with undaunted confidence about my feelings, I'll let her know to consolidate my interest.
It's really that simple.

Yup

Maybe you're hoping that he musters the courage to say it outwardly and claim you. The key here, is to stop expecting anything and be your normal self.
Otherwise, if you think he's so adorable, so fluffy, just offer him a teddy bear, some chocolate and flowers, and serenade him. That will spare you the psychological tremors of overthinking, and save him the burden of manning up.

You may kiss the groom.

Well, that would work on a teen virgin - maybe. Puberty helps combat cooties. It's what brings boys to men. (Talking hetero here) Turns apprehension to curiosity/desire. Doubt he is still at cootie stage. That's the point. He isn't innocent by his admissions of "hurting" people in his past. How is he supposed to "claim" her making excuses on both sexual and emotional fronts? How can he be innocent and guilty at the same time? He's shallow fishing and slow playing and OP is windex clear with her attractions and rated G flirtations.

He knows she's innocent...I mean, come on. Even more reason to have higher standards and show definitive intent. Dude is in his 30's. His sh*t stinks.