• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP and planning- good lord lol (from an INTJ perspective)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yeah. While reading OP, I'm like...yeah that sounds normal. I don't see ENFP's as planners, more like gatherers of people. The plan normally happens organically after everyone meets somewhere.

With that many people together, there's usually a network of friends who knows someone doing something to pull the group one way or another. Some break off, some don't. Which is pretty cool because you can do whatever you feel like or don't. I enjoy that type of low pressure socializing.

you get shy in front of enfps? I am curious ! :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm not shy. :) I can be pretty quiet tho and they seem to be accepting of how different types of personalities express themselves. Which I like.

I am just asking since you are both delta quadra and I was hoping to see an istp confess :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Never have done this. The last way I want to be spending my time is calling and texting people to try and get them to go somewhere...that sounds like work.

Yeah, truly! ENFPs...breaking stereotypes one at a time.

I think [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] had it right...get with one person and roam. I like doing things with one person best. Not a very social ENFP here.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Smoke signals and chant?
My observation was less about the means and more about the immediacy of cell phone communications. Before they became common, people would actually have to coordinate ahead of time, and at least get the who and where settled. Once together, a group could wing it from there (sort of like [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] mentioned). Now, people are just constantly texting, and less often, calling, on the fly. "Plans" are in a constant state of flux, because it is possible to operate that way. On the rare occasion that I have become wrapped up in such a proceeding, I have found it very frustrating. Cell phones encourage bad habits.

Intj to enfp:

'Why cant you be more intj already???'

We re not you. Never will be and for my part, never *wanna* be.

You value and focus on execution, we on ideas. Its what can make us a great team - provided we can appreciate that difference in each other. :shrug:
That's a new one. INTJs are usually described as ideas people also, though perhaps different kinds of ideas about different topics relative to ENFPs. If you go by the stereotypes, it's the SJs who are the execution experts.

I'm not saying you can't just as easily remember highly planned and thus relatively predictable events. I'm saying science is saying you can't just as easily remember highly planned and thus relatively predictable events.
By this reasoning, the best way to remember one's own wedding is to elope on the spur of the moment.

Seriously though, all too often that guy is just a misunderstood forest laborer :shrug:

Or if you are especially adventurous:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's a new one. INTJs are usually described as ideas people also, though perhaps different kinds of ideas about different topics relative to ENFPs. If you go by the stereotypes, it's the SJs who are the execution experts.

Or if you are especially adventurous:

:D

I did think of that while I was typing, but we were talking about crazy ideas without execution, or done on the fly, so that's us. You guys are more known as visionaries, for that very reason.

And while an Ni-dom does have access to that kind of stuff, ime, they don't necessarily enjoy doing it themselves, despite being often mightily entertained by it (provided it doesnt interfere with their plans in some way). Similarly, I can access Ni-visionary shit, and I do, when I need to plan something that's a lot more complex with a lot more moving parts that need to come together, but its fucking work, and not nearly as enjoyable, so I'm not about to employ that for stuff that I can use my Ne-rabbit with - and if I can outsource it to the nearest NJ, I will :dry:

I also refuse to do that kind of work in my free time when I wanna enjoy myself and just hang out with friends, for that very reason. Exception is perhaps planning holidays, though the outsourcing rule *definitely* applies there.

Also....:wubbie: lumberjacks :ninja: :D

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
How many self fapping and endlessly sprawling threads on irrelevant relationship minutia can INTJs crank out?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And while an Ni-dom does have access to that kind of stuff, ime, they don't necessarily enjoy doing it themselves, despite being often mightily entertained by it (provided it doesnt interfere with their plans in some way). Similarly, I can access Ni-visionary shit, and I do, when I need to plan something that's a lot more complex with a lot more moving parts that need to come together, but its fucking work, and not nearly as enjoyable, so I'm not about to employ that for stuff that I can use my Ne-rabbit with - and if I can outsource it to the nearest NJ, I will :dry:

I also refuse to do that kind of work for my free time when I wanna enjoy myself and just hang out with friends, for that very reason. Exception is perhaps planning holidays, though the outsourcing rule *definitely* applies there.
How funny. I spend alot of my free time doing exactly this sort of planning, mostly for my volunteer activities. It is easy to do, and a satisfying outlet for my creativity - plus does some good while I'm at it. You're right that the implementation can feel like a drag, though I will take on that when needed (which is often) to make sure it gets done right. I'm in the middle of a project right now that is supposed to be the work of a small committee, but the other committee members are minimally engaged, so it's got to the point that I'm just doing it myself, and they can live with what I come up with.

How many self fapping and endlessly sprawling threads on irrelevant relationship minutia can INTJs crank out?
I hesitate to venture a guess, but I'm sure an astute INTP such as yourself could come up with a reasonable estimate after some research and reflection.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D Why am I not surprised?

Starry

Yeah, truly! ENFPs...breaking stereotypes one at a time.

I think [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] had it right...get with one person and roam. I like doing things with one person best. Not a very social ENFP here.

Redbone. It makes me happy to see and hear from you.

Are we breaking the stereotype? What is the stereotype?...I swear I've become so confused now. I have always thought of myself as such a straightforward expression of this type...I actually think I was flat-out told that once now that I'm thinking of it...my old job was big on the MBTI and there were 6 of us on the credit side of things and I'm pretty sure I was the least focused, least serious of all of them...I mean, I should say I know I was geez :dry: alright, there, I said it.

haha. No, it has been strange to come here and start to question that. Start to question whether I should be questioning that... But yes, I don't know any super social high phone use ENFPs myself... but I don't know what that says anymore. I'm just glad you exist or perhaps I would abandon the type altogether :wink:

McBoatFace

MBTI Type
INTJ

hahaha I'm amazed you don't see the logical flaw in this. You're in an MBTI forum, in a section called "Intertype Relations", complaining about a post because it is musing on the intertype relations between MBTI types. Gold star.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Yup. We talk to people without the protective shielding of a technological device - even strangers.

Novel, aint it? :D

Fwiw, I wanna thank the OP for this thread. :hug:

It's provoked some really important observations and truths about ENFPs that I just...needed crystallised.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
hahaha I'm amazed you don't see the logical flaw in this. You're in an MBTI forum, in a section called "Intertype Relations", complaining about a post because it is musing on the intertype relations between MBTI types. Gold star.

How often do INTJs navigate criticism by feigning strained amusement and logic?

This is not 'musing.' This is talking at a horse until it dies of old age, then shooting it with every caliber bullet from every possible gun ever invented (including revolutionary war cannons and spud guns) then setting it on fire, and individually carrying each speck of ash in opposing directions to opposite ends of the infinity universe.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Boy, you really do not like Fi :thinking:

McBoatFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
How often do INTJs navigate criticism by feigning strained amusement and logic?

This is not 'musing.' This is talking at a horse until it dies of old age, then shooting it with every caliber bullet from every possible gun ever invented (including revolutionary war cannons and spud guns) then setting it on fire, and individually carrying each speck of ash in opposing directions to opposite ends of the infinity universe.

Well... this has no trace of hyperbole what-so-ever ;) Wait...I think we're about 2 posts away from a Hitler reference now.