• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is your favorite?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Romantically i'm suited to several types, but obviously only certain individuals within those types. I think I can work well with ISTP's, INFP's, INTJ's & INFJ's. Enna I think likely 5w6 or 6w5's

For friendships most types, I have quite a few ESFJ women friends, some ENXJ's and ENXP's too. Also really enjoy the company of ISFP's.

I may have posted ITT already.

Lark

I like AD&D alignments better than MBTI, I would like to say that neutral good and lawful good are my favourites but I've got to say that I do go back and forth between chaotic, neutral and lawful, the conflict between all three is actually a good thing. I tend to think of neutral good or true good as managing the conflict between lawful and chaotic good, tipping the balance between which ever happens to be prevailing at any given moment.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

PerplexedAnomaly

MBTI Type
INTP
Of course INTPs... like bruv who wouldn't want to be a mad scientist? I'm not biased or anything... maybe?

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ, INFP, INFJ

Logitechu

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I generally get along with several different types.

On paper ENFPs and ENTPs are really great (the most natural), and I agree on that. At least as far as balance goes.
However, in my experience it haven't been perfect.

In the beginning:
It can be difficult to get enough respect for ENFPs to give it a chance because of their energetic nature/past.
ENTPs are easier to respect, because of their intellect, but might appear more disloyal because of their curiosity.

INFPs: are really kind and innocent people. I like how soft they are.
INTPs: can create intellectual stimulation which is very much appreciated.
ENTJs: I admire their energy, but they are a bit too stubborn, quick and direct.
ENFJ: Positive and happy people, I get along with them well, but I personally think it can be a little bit exhausting in a relationship.
INFJs: I enjoy how mature they are. However, I can imagine a relationship to be a bit too tame.
INTJs: Well, it can probably be quite fun if the teamwork works good from day one. Other than that, probably very easy, stable and too safe relationship, even friendship.

Honorable mentions:
ISFPs: They are way too charming. haha. But I know too well that their sensing instrument fights my intuitive automatically a bit too well. Very loyal and nice people though.
ISTPs: One of the types I admire the most. Their natural talent with tools and energy towards creation is admirable.

SJ's can be a bit too stiff with their logic and opinions, but many of them are very kind and good people. Fighting hard for what they believe in. They are simply just a bit too different from me.
I think to not have the N (intuitive) in common can be a deal-breaker in many cases, first and foremost in relationships.

Last edited:

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJs: I enjoy how mature they are. However, I can imagine a relationship to be a bit too tame.

Tame in what way?

I don't really have a favorite type, but favorite people of different types.

Logitechu

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Tame in what way?

First of all I would like to say I like INFJs :blush:

I wrote tame because I think INFJs have a tendency to withdraw their feelings in dating because of their sensitivity and willingness to protect feelings. That can be looked upon as a bit tame. Not wild enough to let go of them.
Perhaps INTJs may be more willing to use their playful side earlier on if their criteria are met or to test some of the criteria. We are both protective when it comes to our inner-emotions and care about stability and long-term.

Based on experience, INFJs has seemed quite expressionless and serious in their tone in almost anything going back to the natural maturity level which is both a pro and con.
I believe INTJs is a very serious type too (when they are mature), which will make the match incredible responsible and therefore appear a bit tame, well, perhaps more from the outside than inside.
This statement should be taken with a grain of salt, but both INTJs and INFJs are supposedly to fit well with ENFP and ENTP, I believe some of the reason for that is because so we can tame/ground the ENFP and ENTP with our natural maturity and seriousness, and in return they help us loose up from it.

Again, I like INFJs. They must be good friends, and lovable as a life-partner.
I believe an INTJ and an INFJ can connect well.

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISTJ's. Even if many people think they're narrow-minded or something, I like their bluntness, their pushiness, and their ability to resist to pressure.

Besides, the most physically beautiful people (male and female) I've met were ISTJ's.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I definitely don't have a favorite type but for some reason I always happen to end up being into INTJs before I find out they are INTJs.

jamain

MBTI Type
IST_
My husband and daughter are both INFJs and I get along really well with them. My son is an ESTP and we also get along well. I don't really have a favorite type and believe that I can get along with any. However, there are some types that I struggle a little more to feel comfortable around, in particular ENFPs. Those that I have spent time with IRL were confusing, a bit controlling, impulsive, and somewhat chaotic.

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFPs are definitely my favorite. My wife is an INFP and I'm INFJ.

INFPs are the only type I trust and relate to, to be really honest.

My favorite people to work with (as in, at a job), however, are ISxJs.

And I like all the other types, of course, but mostly from a distance, especially xNTJs.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The whole Beta/Gamma gang gang

Connoisseur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENFPs used to be my favorite type, but now I appreciate ENTPs and ISFJs more, I just don't find enough of them in my life.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ but I am biased. I'm married to one. :D

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could've sworn I replied to this thread or one like it, but preferences can change over time anyway, so here's my current answer:
Any type that is kind, mature, but still knows how to have fun and make the best of life.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could've sworn I replied to this thread or one like it, but preferences can change over time anyway, so here's my current answer:
Any type that is kind, mature, but still knows how to have fun and make the best of life.

Agree completely. Although I do tend to be attracted to xxFJs and other FPs.