• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is your favorite?

leictreon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
ISFJ, INFP, ENFP, xNFJ and xNTP

Skimt

Not sure. I think it's difficult to work in a team, and difficult to work with immature people, and I don't want to attribute immaturity to F. My suspicion is that Norway is filled with IF-women, and I think Norwegian women are the best.

I mean, how do you even resist this?

giphy.gif

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably ENFPs.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
ISFJ, INTP, ENTP, ENFP

But overall I'm just searching for a 🎵 heart of gold 🎵

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So my question is:
What type are you, and what type do you get along most with?

My type: INFJ.

Type I most get along with: Loaded question. I can ‘get along with’ just about anyone. Our depth of enjoyment in one another’s company is apt to vary, of course.

• My ride-or-die best friend is INTP. We can talk about everything and nothing. Her openly inquisitive, nonjudgmental nature gives me a sense of emotional safety with her, one that I do my best to reciprocate. We both have some chronic health issues (not type related, obviously), and I feel like our temperaments offer a degree of adaptability (in plans, expectations, etc) and depth of understanding that I don’t always find as easily in other types. I don’t have to explain myself. We can sometimes just exist in the same room, doing our own thing, and that’s enough. We don’t have to be “on” for one another. We take the world apart and explore all the little pieces. For no real reason, half the time. We put pieces of ourselves back together. We tend to balance one another out in awkward social situations (every social situation). My partner in people-watching.

...And the puns.

• I bear the company of INTJs well, though we’re both pretty stubborn, and that whole, “different paths to the same destination” definitely applies, and I’m sure my less efficient ways of existing/problem solving drive them nuts, at times. Even if I don’t always take their advice down to the letter, I value the new perspective I can factor in. I really appreciate their ability to help me detach from certain emotionally taxing situations. Kind of offer rational, irrefutable reasons it’s okay for me to be ‘selfish,’ sometimes. I like that I can help them navigate certain social situations where emotional engagement is required but doesn’t come easily. And help them understand why it even matters. Their irrational desire for people to always just make sense is endearing. We tend toward more morbid/offbeat humor, and it’s nice to share that with someone without worrying about offending them. Gives my Fe a break.

I have dated a couple of them longterm, and haven’t had a bad experience with them. There’s a lot of potential for growth together, though sometimes you may grow apart. And if that happens, it’s amicable. Communication is stellar when blind spots are factored in. People are always different, regardless of type, but I do seem to have a pattern of romantic attraction/chemistry with this type. Similar wavelengths. A mindmate is an intoxicating thing. And their consistency and discerning nature often make me feel safe in a way that I hate admitting I even need to begin with.

• The same could be said for ENTPs that I’ve said about INTx’s (in terms of friendship, humor)... but you guys are freaking exhausting, too. Their flighty brains set off way too many alarms in my head to consider them for anything romantic, but I do enjoy our talks on a friendly level. They do have this way of throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks/seeing how someone reacts that I find invasive/stressful, at times. It’s not a friendship deterrent, just something to be mindful of.

• I get on well with ENTJs, but I think I disappoint them, more often than not. But then... who aren’t they disappointed in? Overall, they share a lot of traits with their introverted type, and often I forget about time when we’re around each other. They don’t, of course. Ever.

• ISTPs are partners in crime, my adventuring buddies. People I prep for the end of the world with. Whose one-liners I could never compete with. Same functions, all jumbled up differently. I always feel like I’ve known them forever.

• ISFP’s are those friends I can just relax around, talk about music and movies forever with. We’re not always as ‘close’ emotionally, but I still really appreciate them. The potential is there, but there’s more conscious effort to walk one another’s roads to get there. As introverts, neither of us consistently have the energy for that, ha.

• One of my childhood friends is an ESFP, and I love her like a crazy sibling. She brings out the completely silly weirdo in me. I think there’s something to be said about the Se-Ni compliment. She gets me out of my head even when I don’t realize i’ve really needed to. And I drag her into bizarre conversations at 2 in the morning. Backyard campouts, night swimming, and ouija boards. I love her lack of filter. What you see is always what you get.

• ESTPs are fun. REALLY fun. In carefully measured doses. Kinda have to be prepared for damage control, but that comes with the territory.

• INFPs can either be an absolute joy, or absolutely exhausting. They are sensitive souls. I love their imaginations, how often they channel that sensitivity and whimsy into something profound and beautiful. We tend to click well. Time/distance doesn’t tend to affect the strength of our friendships. We always pick up like no time has passed.

• ENFPs - my brother was one. Our childhood was rich in acting out stories, building worlds. He was my icebreaker in groups. Ever the center of attention, he shielded me from having to socialize when I didn’t want to. Distracted while I kept in the background. Never pretended things were okay if they weren’t. Called our mother out on her abuse, even when it just led to him getting into more trouble— he couldn’t keep his mouth shut. I credit him with helping me recognize what neither of us ever deserved. We fought sometimes, of course, but that’s more to do with the nature siblings than type. He celebrated every stupid dream I ever had. For those he cared about, there was a bottomless wellspring of hope and confidence. I don’t even know what I brought to that relationship.

Most ENFPs I’ve known have those traits. I’m not extremely close with any IRL, but I welcome the possibility.

• ISTJs - I love their dry humor and consistency. I tend to annoy them after awhile, though. Shared interests seem to increase their tolerance for my nonsense.

• ESTJs - same applies above, though I think we tend to be amused by one another’s more prominent, opposing traits.

• Fe-aux types, IxFJ - I feel like I have to be more careful around them. I’m too aware of the vulnerabilities there, and, sometimes we just don’t have much to talk about or explore together. We’re either too familiar, or worlds apart.

• ENFJ- I enjoy them, we *get* each other easily.... but they can have this shepherding vibe at times that grates on me. I know it comes from a good place, but I have to take breaks.

• ESFJ- Sweet or suffocating. I know a couple IRL. By default, I try to keep their expectations of me exceedingly low, when it comes to structured social engagements, so they’re less apt to be personally hurt/disappointed if I decline an invitation. There’s always an invitation. I will say this: if there’s ever something seriously awful that’s happened to you/your family, they’ll be the first person knocking down your door to hug you, feed you, and run interference with the onslaught of all the other humans, while you try to pull yourself together. Even if you don’t always get one another, they will stand by you. Don’t take that for granted.

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
ENFP for one night stands or eternal friendships.

Too unfaithful for the long haul.

ISFJ for the long haul. I know they are fiercely loyal and they tend to decorate the house nice during the holidays. As an INTJ I like the house to be super clean and organized and I like it to be decorated for the holidays but I cannot do this since I do not realize it's a holiday until said holiday.

It's not to have someone who is a J because they are decisive. I can be open to changes but I need a decision made first and then later it can be changed.

ENFP's are sexy with their dynamicness but they are also fickle and waver a lot and can't hold formation.