• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Addicted to Se

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Really more of a gradually escalating craving, but after studying for years and learning deeper appreciation for each type's language, I'm starting to act on dom Se when in its presence. The absence of expectations, the inherent acceptance calms me down like one of those Thundershirts.

What's your take on dom Se?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know what you're asking. Are you saying you think Se is higher on your function stack? As someone who is understanding more how Se can show itself in NP types, if you are describing your experience with it as a gradually escalating craving, you aren't an Se dom.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know what you're asking. Are you saying you think Se is higher on your function stack? As someone who is understanding more how Se can show itself in NP types, if you are describing your experience with it as a gradually escalating craving, you aren't an Se dom.

Dom Se types

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it's because we're charming :whistling:

(I'm kind of joking there, but that's the reputation)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can appreciate the Se-dom's attitude of taking on life and the world by the horns, and to just be like "Nike & Do It" about it.
Life's magical with a little bit of Se here and there.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
To me Se is like Nes odd cousin who is oddly similar and yet different. I admire Se for their creative in the moment problem solving skills and that "whatever happens happens" in common with Ne that gives both Se and Ne that chill and relaxed attitude towards life which can be refreshing after a Te heavy environment. xxTPs however are far more chill than the more morally upright Fi users who can be quite in my experience uptight with their morals but they probably find me uptight about logic though :D.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Acting present and tolerant with others is not necessarily an Se quality but an act of maturity. Anyone can learn that. I hope people don't need force themselves to study ESTP profiles to learn that. :ninja:

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
To me Se is like Nes odd cousin who is oddly similar and yet different. I admire Se for their creative in the moment problem solving skills and that "whatever happens happens" in common with Ne that gives both Se and Ne that chill and relaxed attitude towards life which can be refreshing after a Te heavy environment. xxTPs however are far more chill than the more morally upright Fi users who can be quite in my experience uptight with their morals but they probably find me uptight about logic though :D.

You know you love Fi users ;)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You know you love Fi users ;)

Me and Fi users often clash due to diffrent views of the world but they can help me read my emotions for me as Fi is my weakest function being my PoLR so bascially they can read me better than myself.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well socionics says that Ni dom's weak unconscious inferior function is Se, so it is what we seek out. Hence the balancing or compliment to each type. Or why they are called duality for Ni dom, well semi duality depending on the aux strong conscience function, either Fe or Te.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find easy/natural friendships with them, as a rule. They generally take you at face value - in the best sense. Way less projection than with most other people. They are usually quite candid communicators, so you know where you stand with them. Don't need to gloss over stuff; you can be candid right back. Not usually hung up on petty stuff others are inclined to pass judgment over; pretty "live and let live". Yes, that's refreshing.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am really craving Se action right now... especially to go on some adventures with an STP for the same reason. :)

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The OP is not even a real post lol

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Se doms are fun for short periods of time. Enough is enough though. Actually some of them can be mellow and then I enjoy their company but if they're not it can be extremely overwhelming, and this is coming from someone with Se high in their stack.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
then you're probably a mistyped ISFP as are most supposed INFPs

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really more of a gradually escalating craving, but after studying for years and learning deeper appreciation for each type's language, I'm starting to act on dom Se when in its presence. The absence of expectations, the inherent acceptance calms me down like one of those Thundershirts.

What's your take on dom Se?

I understand what you're saying here. I often feel like there's a lot of value to Si, and could understand wanting to cultivate that function in myself. But I also know that introverted sensing is not really how I do things innately. When I've taken an interest in a function that's outside of my own preferences, I'm doing it with an eye to understanding my own blindspots and how to ameliorate those. I'm never going to be all that great at introverted sensing, but if I can define what I feel is valuable about it, I can typically find other ways to those qualities.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I understand what you're saying here. I often feel like there's a lot of value to Si, and could understand wanting to cultivate that function in myself. But I also know that introverted sensing is not really how I do things innately. When I've taken an interest in a function that's outside of my own preferences, I'm doing it with an eye to understanding my own blindspots and how to ameliorate those. I'm never going to be all that great at introverted sensing, but if I can define what I feel is valuable about it, I can typically find other ways to those qualities.

Long story short, you're an ENTJ :D

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I lurve the Se-doms in my life :wubbie:

Good, fun bunch. A little disorganized in their private lives, but always pushing ahead :)