• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any INFP's here magnetically attracted to ISTJ's? LOL

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's like a moth to a flame kind of thing. idk.
I find myself liking how inscrutable and confident/insecure they can seem. Even if they really aren't.
And I like how they seem to either really love you or really hate you.
I don't think they're good for me though.
:huh:

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Same, basically. I was attracted by ISTJs back in the day just as much as I was attracted to ISTPs, both for that some kind of confidence.

Ultimately I settled down with an INTJ though, and he's very balanced. He's sweet, respects me, and it's adorable when he nerds out about something.

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I feel like SJ's are like the 'ultimate mystery' to an NF.
I do feel like NT's understand us far better, though. There's more of a deeper-level connection.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty sure my parents are INFP and ISTJ. So, it's a pairing that can work.

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cool..what's it like for you as an INTP to witness their marriage?
I can imagine an ISTJ would be in the more grounded/ breadwinner role and the INFP would be more nurturing.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cool..what's it like for you as an INTP to witness their marriage?
I can imagine an ISTJ would be in the more grounded/ breadwinner role and the INFP would be more nurturing.

Things were kind of more complicated than that for a variety of reasons, actually.

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Things were kind of more complicated than that for a variety of reasons, actually.

How long have they been together?
I mean, these are your folks we're talking about, so I don't want you to feel uncomfortable about it or anything.
If you don't feel like discussing their relationship dynamic. That's ok. But if you are, I'm curious to know more.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How long have they been together?
I mean, these are your folks we're talking about, so I don't want you to feel uncomfortable about it or anything.
If you don't feel like discussing their relationship dynamic. That's ok. But if you are, I'm curious to know more.

They're still together, but there's been some stuff that happened that's kind of difficult to talk about. None of it is really type-related, though.

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sorry to hear about it. I hope your relationship with your parents is okay and I hope everything works out for the better.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can relate to appreciating ISTJness. I like aspects of all the types really, in different ways and in differing degrees. There is a underlying reason why that is though. Enneagram 4's primary driver is "envy". INFPs are very often 4s.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTJ: Si-Te-Fi-Ne
INFP: Fi-Ne-Si-Te

I suppose they do understand each other? I think Isabel Briggs Myers was INFP and her husband was ISTJ, and were together until his death.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTJ: Si-Te-Fi-Ne
INFP: Fi-Ne-Si-Te

I suppose they do understand each other? I think Isabel Briggs Myers was INFP and her husband was ISTJ, and were together until his death.

Right. Nfps and Stjs have the same functions. I don't recall where I read that the shadow of INFPS is not ESTJ but ISTJ. The shadow accordingly does not flip the I/E.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think some of them are cute because they can be so tough seeming for women and are usually kind of tom-boyish, but I don't think I would be able to be in a close relationship with most of them. Maybe?

I just don't think it would personally be good for someone who is too drastically different then me.

I know some conventional dating sites like to try and emphasis the whole concept or idea of "life partners" but I think in general I am pretty...independent and I don't necessarily in that way simply need someone who exists in my life to fulfill only some pragmatic or utilitarian function. Only expecting or looking for that in love or romantic relationships seems really dull to me, and I would rather want something based on something not all together definable. Just a deep bond or connection and maybe a sense of kismet.

But i suppose at some time or rather some people want or like to get practical in that regard and I guess it's a case of whatever "works" the best? but even then, I really wonder what that altogether means. It seems to me that, it's usually when you are most authentic and genuine to yourself that then provides you with fulfillment or adequate knowledge.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
omG!! TehH TYPES!!?!??? FUNCTIONS, LETTERS MMET UP NUFF RIGHT WHEY!?!?? do they O I DONT KNOW!?/