• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP/ISFJ

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel like this relationship synergy doesn't get enough credit, and that it can work extremely well when two criteria are met:

1. The ISFJ actually finds the INTP type attractive (pretty rare in itself).
2. The INTP is somewhat mature and can cater to the ISFJ's emotional needs.

What do you guys think about these types together? Personally, I've been in an ISFJ/INTP relationship for about a year now, and I find that the types compliment each other in a few very particular ways. The ISFJ is one of the very few types that can deal with the INTP's natural carelessness for every-day normalities, and their implicit need for comfort and bouts of INTP-obsessiveness. The INTP can, again if they're mature enough, cater to the emotional and affectionate needs of the ISFJ, and they can both help each other feel somewhat needed without it being a co-dependency due to the INTPs independence.

Anyway, what are your opinions on the pairing?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
It could work well, just as an INTP, don't be so careless that your ISFJ becomes another parent.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a love-hate relationship with INTPs. As in, I either love them or I hate them. On an individual case-by-case basis. It pretty much completely depends on maturity tbh. And that doesn't necessarily mean "not being childish" because I'm childish af. Basically "maturity" to me just means being considerate and not making excuses for why you can't be. And I know a very annoying INTP who is like that. Other INTPs are :heart: though.

As for the ISFJ, well obviously we are not perfect either. Though I'm not sure which of my potential problems are "ISFJ problems" or just my own personal self-esteem issues and such.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sadly, I have limited ability to talk of interaction. I can talk of fondness. I went head over heels for an ISFJ once, she it was not requited. I also really liked an ISFJ that used to be on here, but I'm not sure how much online interactions get to qualify.

Types generally get painted in very broad and very biased strokes across typology communities. I think, perhaps, ISFJs just get a bad rap in general (probably all SJs do). ISFJs in particular, I think they are made out to be much more intrusive than they are, which doesn't just seem to defy experience, it defies the logic of what their type should mean. ISFJs are very insular people, and that gels with INTPs for the most part, I think. The other thing is that ISFJs are made out to be very bland and beige. That doesn't seem true, either. ISFJs can and often do develop very personal, quirky interests, and so far, I've seen no problem with ISFJs being bored by INTPs. I haven't found the sort of normal vs weird disconnect that seems to be the cliché.