• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP and INTP romance

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Can anybody what's this pairing like? I like the idea of ESTP and INTP.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had a fling with an INTP chef once... I took him through the art museum and we giggled at the paintings, we'd stay up ridiculously late discussing all kinds of topics over wine and coffee and cigarettes and swapped books with each other, arguing over who had the better taste in literature... I think I once took him on a hike in the snow just so that he could see how beautiful the lake looked frozen over and then he laughed at me when I decided that I could indeed climb some ice covered stairs and landed flat on my ass instead :doh: (I did conquer those stairs on the second try though... and he just happily strolled up the snow covered grass instead... bastard)

we were both at weird spots in our lives at the time though and ended up going different ways... not sure how things might have happened otherwise if we were both in stable places, but we did have a lot of fun together :shrug:

D'Ascoyne

INTP chef

:unicorn:

- - - Updated - - -

I had a fling with an INTP chef once... I took him through the art museum and we giggled at the paintings, we'd stay up ridiculously late discussing all kinds of topics over wine and coffee and cigarettes and swapped books with each other, arguing over who had the better taste in literature... I think I once took him on a hike in the snow just so that he could see how beautiful the lake looked frozen over and then he laughed at me when I decided that I could indeed climb some ice covered stairs and landed flat on my ass instead :doh: (I did conquer those stairs on the second try though... and he just happily strolled up the snow covered grass instead... bastard)

we were both at weird spots in our lives at the time though and ended up going different ways... not sure how things might have happened otherwise if we were both in stable places, but we did have a lot of fun together :shrug:

How long did this fling last?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I was in one. We just kind of drifted apart... the breakup wasn't really a surprise to me, although it affected me more than I thought at first.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:unicorn:

- - - Updated - - -

How long did this fling last?

about a month... which is long for a fling during that point in my life :laugh:

and seriously... he had the most un-chefy personality known to humankind... and I think he still has my copy of The Decameron :sadbanana:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
about a month... which is long for a fling during that point in my life :laugh:

and seriously... he had the most un-chefy personality known to humankind... and I think he still has my copy of The Decameron :sadbanana:

Lifetime movie of the week....

Plot summary: Janie didn't realize that night was the last time she would see Mike. If she had known, would she have lent out Lolita so easily? Hindsight is catch-22 in: "The Worst: Losing books to flings"

:laugh:

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've met some really sweet ESTP guys in the past. Their Fe makes them surprisingly understanding and sensitive (unless they were all actually ExFJs, but I doubt it). I think the ESTP guy/INTP girl pairing is unlikely though. Most ESTPs are popular and social risk-takers. I've never met an INTP who wasn't really awkward. For my age group, it probably wouldn't go well. The ESTPs I know are pretty much exclusively attracted to ExFx types.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Does anybody else have anything. I don't know any ESTP INTP pairings in real life.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anybody else have anything. I don't know any ESTP INTP pairings in real life.

I am only here because I am bored, but I am an INTP (female) who currently has an ESTP (male) partner of 8 years. Though I cannot say how well we would have gotten along if I wasn't such a mentally unstable person when we got together. But I can tell you when we first got together, they were new, fun, and interesting. Se and Ne can work well together with certain things. They introduced me to a ton of new things, and were my first for a lot of things. It was like getting on a ride you couldn't get off of. We rarely fought, but when we had a problem it festered under the surface till we both erupt at the same time at each other. There was lots of ignoring, and being stubborn as well. He was very assertive, and I was easily pushed to the side because of it, as well as my passive nature and avoiding addressing problems directly. Boundaries ended up becoming an issue later on. So if you are prepared to enter a relationship of that sort, you have to be assertive and establish your space early. Or you will never be able to retreat and have your alone time.