• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What types of relationships do you have with different types?

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love posts like this!!!

For friendships

INTPs, in my experiences, make the best friends. They don't expect you to always talk or hang out, and they are extremely loyal and supportive. Plus, I can talk about deep or obscure things with them and actually stay on topic. INTPs have been the only people who seem genuinely interested in what I have to say. Then again, there is about a 50% chance that I am one, so that might be why.

I've had a few INFJ acquaintances, but never a close INFJ friend. They seem to pretty much all have their cliques based on things like fandoms and political views. They're also very outgoing (not sure how they're even considered introverts sometimes) and my INFJ "friends" often preferred to go out and meet new people while I stayed in. That's only the negative stuff, though. They're also very easy to talk to and they rarely get offended. I like that I don't really have to watch what I say with them.

I have made friends with a lot of INFPs, but those friendships never last long. Usually what happens is I talk to them in school because everyone else sort of intimidates me, I realize they are a bit rude and inconsiderate (and most people dislike them as a result) but ignore it and try to be friends with them for a few months until I find out that they have secretly hated me the entire time. Not fun. I don't know why everyone sees INFPs as these harmless teary-eyed cupcakes. A lot of them are vicious.

I've found that INTJs make difficult but ultimately reliable friends. Sure, they'll get in random pissy moods and talk behind your back, but at the end of the day they're the only people who will trash-talk anyone with you. My high school frenemy was an INTJ. Our friendship was largely based on a mutual hatred for a group of ESFJs. We also both liked MBTI stuff.

I have one ESFP friend. She is great when I just want to go places, play games, etc. with another person, but we don't really talk other than that.

For relationships

My boyfriend is an ISTP. We fought a lot at the beginning (just typical sensing vs. intuitive stuff) but we've sort of moved past that. The only real obstacle we have is that neither of us handles stress well. He gets mad and I get really anxious. Overall, though, we're super happy. We're into most of the same stuff and love spending time together. It's been 8 months, we're moving in together soon, and I wouldn't be shocked if he turns out to be "the one."

I've dated two INTPs (one online, one in real life) and almost had something with another. Relationships (and friendships, for that matter) with INTPs are therapeutic for me at first, but somehow we always end up running into the problem of being aggressively indecisive. Something along the lines of: "Where do you want to go?" "I don't care; you pick." "I don't care either. It's up to you." "We can go wherever." Also it complicates things when both people need a lot of alone time.

I've had a relationship with an INTJ and one with an ENTJ. I was extremely infatuated with each of them and they both ended up taking advantage of this and then moving on. Both were very one-sided and I don't think I'd go out with another NTJ, or any TJ for that matter.

Sorry if the last few parts don't make much sense. It's 3am and I can feel my IQ dropping.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am hoping that a good clean INTJ will come along and make this all into a nice info graphic at some point. :smile:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NTs

ENTP: they're fun to be around, they like teasing everyone to see their reaction, they're fun when they're not acting selfish or too self involved..
ENTJ: you can't say no to them, but they're fun to talk to, and they make you think outside the box which is great..
INTP: they're pushing on my nerves, I can't have a simple conversation without feeling like I have to try harder to prove my point, God they're stiff [emoji52]
INTJ: *pretending to listen to their conclusions* but they won't listen to you unless it's something that supports these conclusions..

NFs

ENFP: they're nice but a little too much on the show [emoji28]
ENFJ: the one that I hardly know is extreme manipulater, stop it!
INFJ: why so serious [emoji75]
INFP: Remind me once more what makes you so
special [emoji57]

ST:

ISTP: things need time to be done, stop jumping!
ISTJ: I wish I can be as hard working and determined as they are, but it's so hard to get to be friendly with them..
ESTP: don't play with their things, don't cross the border line, they're always the winners..
ESTJ: planning how everyone should behave, thinking everyone as organized and committed as they are

SF:

ESFP: the one who can most handle their mood fluctuations is considered the most trusted..
ESFJ: it amazes me how they're buying all that stuff and never wearing them!
ISFP: making a big issue over anything, move on don't be too sensitive..
ISFJ: they sometimes let others take advantage of them, they need to learn when to say no..

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP: Remind me once more what makes you so
special [emoji57]

Yes!!! Almost every INFP I've been friends with has been obsessed with talking about themselves and what made them different from/better than everyone else. A lot of them seem prone to comments like "I know I'm a b*tch and I'm proud of it!" Like, that's cool I guess...

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes!!! Almost every INFP I've been friends with has been obsessed with talking about themselves and what made them different from/better than everyone else. A lot of them seem prone to comments like "I know I'm a b*tch and I'm proud of it!" Like, that's cool I guess...

They're usually a big fanatics of few celebrities claiming them to be the best because they like the idea that someone should be so special and different than everybody else, they hate to be common, INFJ at some level are also like that, but maybe in a way the support the idea that this person represents..
The b*tch thing is pet peeve to me [emoji36] it's a way of confronting the thought that: "I 'm miserable I don't have friends" what's that? Why telling us that you're a b**** stop it nobody is a friend with a b****

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ: I think, at first when they appear on my radar I'm amazed by this odd creature, female of course. How often do you get to see a woman being all logical, driven, cool and calm? They can never sit still, we can't sit down and have a conversation for longer than 5 minutes before they have to attend to something. They love to gossip. Wants to be the centre of attention. When they get angry, I don't know if I want to laugh or slap them silly. Kinda frightening, almost like an ISFP that I just want to strangle. Would love to try to be in a relationship with one of them but I don't think that's going to happen since they are so damn rare.

ISTP: Much more calculated internally, structured, yet seems like they could easily move things along much quicker than I would anticipate. They are open, free to talk about anything. I was almost in a relationship with one, but decided not to go through with it. It felt like I had too much control from the beginning. It didn't sit well with me, I don't like that kind of unfairness. Almost too good to be true. But sure I'll try it again.

ESTJ: They are funny, they know how to make fun of other people and make them laugh with them, about themselves. They too can seem like running off to do something. Very logical, breaking things down step by step, and then that Tertiary Ne pops out. Great ideas from what seems like somebody that's supposedly not a great idea person. Such hard workers, sometimes repeats what they say. When they are fearful, it gets on my nerves, that's when I just get bored with them and want to walk away, like I just want to slap them silly, to "Get them out of it".

ESFJ: seems so philosophical at first until that veil of theirs are removed, then they have no patience at all. When they try to control me, all bets are off and I need to get out. I had a couple of relationships with ESFJs, everything goes well in the first week. After that... just down the hill and it explodes in a ball of fire.

Socionics says it all:

These are relations of constantly developing conflict. Conflicting relations have the worst compatibility between partners among all other relations. However, it does not seem to be so obvious, especially in the earlier stages of development. Conflicting partners appear rather attractive, interesting and with impressive abilities.

Both partners are usually convinced that they can coexist and collaborate quite peacefully, but soon it becomes apparent that something is always going wrong, making their relationship problematic. Both partners may mistakenly think that the cause of these problems is minor and easily fixed and that all they need to do is to show a little bit more effort in understanding their partner.

Unfortunately, these attempts to continue pushing their relationship any further will soon provoke an open conflict between the partners. When conflict starts, partners hit each other with arguments exactly in the direction where they can cause maximum pain. In return, the other partner may counterattack even more aggressively. With every conflict these relations become worse and worse.

Although Conflicting partners show confidence where their partner is unconfident, they are unable to protect and take care of each other's weak points. This regularly brings disagreement and disappointment into these relations. When after several fruitless attempts to establish a stable relationship the partners give up and break the relationship, they feel saved and released.

her-space-holiday

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My parents and many friends and acquaintances are intjs. We jive very well.

ENTPs and I get along marvelously. Sometimes their arrogance is insufferable, but I think infjs myself included are as self absorbed as any entp, just in a different way. I want to smack some modesty into my friend, I can't stand the way she plays people - but I appreciate that she usually won't do it to me unless she thinks it's a means to an end(she manipulates me into calming down and chilling out at times, which is useful) - and she appreciates that I'll catch it and call her out if she tries.

ESFJ - My brother and a very close friend. My brother and I never understood each other as kids. He is 4 years older and we went to different high schools, so we've always had a little bit of distance between us and our group of friends growing up. We both have gotten so much closer. I'm not such an insufferable c. u. n...ext tuesday like I was at 14, and he is very open minded as an adult. One of my closest friends is, what I suspect to be an ESFJ too..we got along great and humored each other pretty well. She was by far one of the most loyal friends I've had, and while she said I perplexed her she accepted me for who I was. She was bossy to everyone but me, I guess because she knew that when you want me to do something I must be wooed otherwise I feel inclined to do the opposite.

ESFP : fun, fun, fun, fun. Lots of good conversations - usually goofy and and interesting in nature. They'd occasionally throw me through loops where they'd randomly spout off something very profound and unexpected, but never felt super intellectually stimulated by them. Never got super close to one, always hung out in groups or small groups with other friends, but still enjoyed their company.

INTP : Got along swimmingly, dated briefly, same taste in things, but I'm too dialed up or their too dialed back, and I think some of my quirks that other friends kind of embraced(or curbed) were a bit too intense or much.

that's all I can think of at the moment.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
NiFe: Variable, Hit and miss. Incredibly passionate. Make or break.
NiTe: Possible. Depends on maturity and Fi devalopment
SiFe: Unpalatable
SiTe: Ugh. UGH! (Sorry)
NeFi: Scattered and annoying
NeTi: My dream and ideal love. Please meet me and have my babies.
SeFi: Vapid
SeTi: SLUT
FiNe: Mmm. The wildcard. Do you like intense guys? Let's exchange literotica.
FiSe: Lukewarm
FeNi: Nope
FeSi: Nope
TiNe: Gaming bores me
TiSe: And I don't feel inspired by circle jerks
TeNi: Mmm. Another wildcard. Can I draw you out?
TeSi: Nope

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
I love my ISTJ. But hate ENFJ's. Hate INTP's as well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INFP: crazy
ENFP: dunno, cool as long as I stay dishonest
INFJ: the man
ENFJ: only know female ENFJs, we dont know each other
INTJ: the anti-idealists, no not my thing
ENTJ: a real ENTJ is sweet, a partner in crime, most people tho who type ENTJ are rather egoists and dont know shit about the truth
INTP: challenge, friendship
ENTP: never seen one in real life
ISTJ: the modern ones are the best friends I ever had and still have
ISFJ: oh no, yes mom
ESFJ: never met one and was looking
ESTJ: lonely
ESTP: afraid
ISTP: friendship, reliable, sometimes to conform and fearful
ISFP: love
ESFP: dont know one

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NFJs and NFPs are my kin. Always gonna be the people I feel safe with and protective of.

NTPs and SFPs are like one step removed but still close to my heart. We usually vibe great and have plenty in common.

SFJs are next. That warm Fe. It can go good or bad but when I like the person, it's like an adult version of a friend.

Ok I think STPs are here. I want to feel closer to them to the point that I actually do initially. And then I get real and see that I'm way too soft. You're so cool.

NTJs and STJs I feel the most removed from. Also so cool cuz I'm just amazed at the cerebral nature. Just too far from me usually.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTJ: I love them. I love bantering with them and pestering them. Usually they think I'm weird -- takes 'em a while to loosen up, even with another STJ. I had a pretty strong mental (and almost physical) crush on an ISTJ guy recently, but he wasn't N enough for me.
ISFJ: Total sweethearts. Every friendship I've had with an ISFJ has involved a slow process of easing in, where we become increasingly comfortable with one another over the course of months or years. But it's SO cute. Like we're a couple in a rom-com.
ESTJ: I wish I had more ESTJ friends tbh. We typically bond instantly over how judgmental and loudly opinionated we are. The same-type "click" manifests itself as a sense that we can let loose without offending. Put me in a room with another ESTJ and you're guaranteed to be either entertained or deeply upset by what we do and say. ;)
ESFJ: See my ISFJ description, but it's a quicker process and involves lots more jokey banter. Mind-melds galore.

ISTP: We bond over being so straightforward, but there's potential for conflict, over me being too controlling, or them being too distant and/or walking all over my Fi.
ESTP: We get along really, really well, as long as our priorities and values are the same. I can get really uptight around ESTPs if I think they're being reckless or "stupid".
ISFP: Can I just marry one already? I want to marry one.
ESFP: Haven't typically had great luck with ESFPs. For some reason I have a very hard time getting to know them. And they don't seem to like me very much.

INTP: I wrote a really great description of this in the INTP-ESTJ relationship thread, wherever it is. Just read that and you'll get the idea.
INTJ: They like me if they think I'm intelligent and interesting, and I like them if I think they genuinely care about me, and aren't just fucking around with me for entertainment value. Some of my closest friends have been INTJs because of our capacity for banter and Te/Fi bonding. I could easily see myself in a relationship with an INTJ.
ENTP: See my ESTP description.
ENTJ: See my ESTJ description, and also my INTJ description. ENTJs are probably the sexiest type to me at the moment and Te banter is the sexiest thing on the planet.

INFP: I offend them very easily, but once they get used to me, we get along really well.
INFJ: Loads of potential for communication issues, but we share so many common values and priorities (surprisingly, considering we have zero JCF in common) that I tend to click with INFJs quickly and easily. Also, see my response to the INFJ-ESTJ relationship thread.
ENFP: Love them. So. Much. I can get shy and/or uptight around ENFP guys, but I have a million ENFP friends because I have a tendency to fall in platonic love at first sight with every ENFP I meet.
ENFJ: We can get along very, very well, or I can resent the hell out of them. I have had extremely close ENFJ friends before. But I have also had fallings-out with said friends because of how manipulated I felt by them -- or because they doorslammed me for something I said to offend them, like, six months before.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
From best to worst:

INTP, ENTP (best relationships ever, I feel I'm interacting with people that get me without me having to talk (often useful since I seldom speak). With INTPs I feel good in the sense that they understand my "me-time", and with ENTPs because they get me out of my zone to start some trouble. Funny!!!

ENFP, ISFP, ESTJ, ISTJ: with Ps I connect instantly (all of them), because we share that easy-going vibe. I hate people that don't let me chill out. With ENFPs I share the Ne randomness and craziness, and with ISFPs the laid-back talks and artsy stuff. In fact, my grandma is ISFP and we get along like friends. With Js I have more trouble getting used to their "rigidity", but when I do, it gets better. xSTJs help me get back down to Earth when I'm too far from reality. Either outgoing or more reserved, I always have a pair of ears. I should say what I apport, but I'm modest *smiles blinking slowly*

ESTP, INTJ, INFP, ENTJ: this group contains the types that I admire for sone reason but hate for another reason. ESTPs: I admire the self-confidence but have trouble finding things in common. INTJs: I admire their intelligence and their way to understand easily unknown things, but I hate them when they feel superior and boast about it. INFPs: I... don't know exactly what it is I like, but I know that I find tiring the F part. Mostly because I'm a cyborg inside and all the lovey-dovey fuss beats me. ENTJs: I like them for the same reason as ESTJs, but they are, in my opinion, even more cyborg than me.

ESFP: I like that they adapt to any situation and their always positive attitude, but I often feel tired around them, I can't follow them.

ISFJ: I don't seem to find anything in common and we find each other boring.

ESFJ: total chaos. I can't be without them ithout starting a battle royal.

(Haven't met any xNFJs)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTJ: the loves of my life
ESTJ: the extroverted loves of my life
ISFJ: Love the ones I know online, hate most of the ones I know in real life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ESFJ: I'm only friends with one ESFJ outside the internet, I like her even though we really only ever see each other at conventions. She's also very open and sx-first and I love hearing about her wild sexcapades it gives me life

ISTP: a mystery
ESTP: an extroverted mystery
ISFP: They are cool
ESFP: I also like them

INTP: They either like me or they are saving up money to hire a hitman to kill me there is no in between
ENTP: They are kinda scary but they're cool
INTJ: ???? who knows. such mystery. much what. very question mark. But they're cool.
ENTJ: Like their ENTP rivals, they are kind of scary but also cool.

INFP: I love INFPs
ENFP: I love ENFPs
INFJ: They are also nice
ENFJ: ^Yes

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP: My stupid inferior Fe forces me to be friends with unhealthy INFPs even though I dislike them. INFPs are those people I sit by on the first day of class and then block on facebook at the end of the semester because we ended up hating each other. The one exception is my best friend who is an unusually healthy, really chill INFP-A. I love her to death.

INFJ: I like INFJs, but they always have their group of friends already, and I don't really fit in with them. They're weirdly energetic for introverts. It doesn't help that they pretty much all claim to love people- the same people who have treated me like sh*t in the past. I have many INFJ acquaintances but I'm not really friends with any of them.

INTP: Some of my best friends in the past have been INTPs. They're just really hard to find.

INTJ: The only INTJ I've ever met was my high school frenemy. We didn't really like each other that much, but we had a lot in common, so we hung out all the time anyway. I also online-dated an INTJ once. It didn't work out.

ISFP: One of my favorite types. I love them <3 I'm dating an ISFP so I might be biased.

ISFJ: I'm really not a fan of ISFJs. The ones I've met forced their morals and views on others more than INFPs do. They also try to debate but then resort to high-pitched yelling when they can't compete.

ISTP: I've never met one

ISTJ: I knew one in high school. She was cool. We weren't friends; she hung out with these two ENFPs a lot. We talked occasionally in class though.

ENFP: I don't like them. The ones I've met spewed all this BS about how they were great "counselors" and how they loved talking to people about their problems, but they never listened and they were really quick to claim to know pretty much everything. During my anxiety/depression phase, several ENFPs offered to "help" me. They asked me question after question and didn't give me a chance to answer. When I brought it up, they all compared me to an "oversensitive child." I'm not usually the type to over-explain situations like that, but I couldn't think of a way to generalize. Anyway, I don't like them.

ENFJ: I don't know any ENFJs.

ENTP: I always like them and want to be friends with them, but they don't usually like me for some reason. Meh.

ENTJ: Meh, not really a fan. The ones I've met have just been arrogant. They're the type that quotes every sentence of a post in online debates. They're also the type that uses ridiculously big words in an attempt to seem smarter than everyone else.

ESFP: I have a few distant ESFP friends, and it's one of my favorite types. In a world of uptight people, the ESFP is the one who says "idgaf" and I can really respect that. The only thing I don't like about them is that I can't share my deepest thoughts with them without getting a "wtf" look.

ESFJ: I like some, I dislike some, it really just depends on the individual.

ESTP: Meh, they can be pretty entertaining, I guess. I don't mind the mature ones.

ESTJ: I've made quite a few ESTJ enemies. The ones I've met were so willing to hurt others to get what they want. ESTJs in authority positions are literally the worst. I've stood up to them many times.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ: Do not know anybody of this type, but they make the best fictional leading antagonists.

INTP: One close friend and 2 potential dates in the past are. They seem to make much better writers than us INFPs in the way that they DO actually complete and publish something. Deep, insightful, awkward, stubborn, private. You are more level-headed than INFPs, but that doesn't mean you have it any easier. No chemistry between us though.

ISTP: Jason Bourne!

ISTJ: Maybe one day when I love myself better, and you actually get off your insecure ass and risk something for love, one of you and I could make a happy family. But before then, our relationship will always be a love-hate dynamic. Nevertheless, I forever admire your humility and your loyalty.

ENTJ: I know 3 ENTJs. You are incredibly smart, ambitious and intuitive. You take what you're given and make more out of it. These folks tend to have their own business at young age. Respect! However, I don't believe Keirsey though, ENTJ + INFP = a no happy ending and much less romantic version of Christian Grey + Anastasia Steele.

ENTP: A long-term now ex is. I like how curious, spontaneous, inquisitive these guys are and their wide range of interests and their will to try everything and anything. We're good as long as we strictly stay friends. As romantic partners? Been there, done that. You are a jack of all trades but master of none, you are not willing to try your best and give your heart and soul to anything, including Love. That spells "fail" for our combo.

ESTP: Have never met one. Will never date one.

ESTJ: Current partner. You get up, get out and get shit done. You are straightforward, honest, sincere and protective in a relationship. But I doubt any of you and I will make it. It's not that everything can be rationalised, especially not emotions, and you won't admit that you can't even rationalise yours either. You can only love an INFP, you can never understand or lecture one.

ESFJ: Mum, another close friend and a 6-year teenage love. The world is nurtured and provided when you guys are around. You make amazingly supportive, affectionate and patient partners and parents. But no matter how much you love us, you will never understand us and be able to inspire us. But I can live with that.

ESFP: Cute creatures. Won't date one though. You have nothing to teach me and we have nothing in common.

ENFJ: Martin Luther King!

ENFP: An ex best friend and several acquaintances are. Though we have so much in common, I can't relate to you and you can't me. I admire you. You are happier than us, you are more ambitious than us, more energetic than us, more successful than us. Most people think you are the best NF. But sometimes I secretly think that you don't feel that deeply, you don't know that much, and you spread yourself too thinly. As a friend, you come to leave, and it hurts.

ISFJ: Plase stop worrying about the people who don't like you. And please be a bit more original. You guys make great wives.

ISFP: One male friend is. You falls in love once in a blue moon. We are so different but I love your company. You private, caring, talented, passionate people!

INFJ: Dated several INFJs. INFJ, you are like Unicorn, a rare breed and so unique. Insightful, patient, incredibly artistic, intelligent, gentle and deep and mysterious like the ocean. I truly, truly admire you. You are the lost souls that make it in life.

INFP: Unforgettable individuals. The unique souls. The martyrs for love. An INFP being with an INFP, I'm not sure if it is a healthy duo at all.

Last edited:

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Overall good experiences: Green
Overall neutral experiences: Yellow
Overall negative experiences: Red

ESFJ - The type I consistently get along with. I can't recall ever having a major issue with one. At worst, we just don't mesh well and go each others ways. I have had quite a few ESFJ friends over the years, not many were deep, but lots nonetheless. If they are problems, we talk them out and they're solved incredibly fast.

ENFJ - I have a TON of them in my current friendship circle. Sometimes I feel this odd mixing with them, but I seldom ever have issues with them. The one I have had issues with was because he's also a 4.

ESTJ - I don't know that many, but the ones I do know I really like and respect. In some cases, some topics and situations need to be avoided, but that's not hard to do. My father is honestly the only major ESTJ I have had issues with. They tend to respect me a ton as well.

ENTJ - I usually do really well with them... so long as we don't "cross the streams" in effect, THEN it gets feisty. One in particular got along great and worked together REALLY well... until we disagreed. It would be bad enough that it would make others around us uncomfortable. Generally speaking, ENTJ's and I make fantassssstic teams. One of my best friends is one.

ISFJ - Can't recall ever having an issue with one. I tend to have a "meh" reaction to them because they are so even keeled in my experience, and many recoil at my escapades so I can't forge strong bonds. One of my closest friends in college was one, but she was somewhat atypical for an ISFJ.

INFJ - I tend to have more issues with them than get along. You'd think I'd mix well with them, but in practice it doesn't work. I think a big portion of it is many of them are 4's an that enneagram genrally causes a lot of problems for me, so it's difficult to tell. Basically it's their tendancy to cling to their perceptions as if they are true by default that I don't mix with, and many get offended when it's poked. That said, I have had wonderful friendships with several over the years.

ISTJ - I really like ISTJ's as a general rule, and we make a really great team assuming they aren't too private and restrained. Despite all our differences, we somehow come to the same conclusions a lot of the time, and the fact that we operate totally differently and get to the same point generates a ton of mutual respect. I've had many ISTJ friends over the years. That said, this type can ROYALLY piss me off if they are insulated to the world around them due to their own logical systems.

INTJ - Hit and miss for the most part. Sometimes we get along great and bring a lot to the table for each other. A curious pattern I have noticed is some of the greatest teachers I have had have been this type, and have taken me under their wing. A very close friend of mine was this type. One problem though is if they like me a lot, they sometimes try to get too close, and it repells me. There's a subset of INTJ's that just HATE me.

ESTP - Usually we get along very well, but we rarely have common interests so it ultimately is kind meh. I rarely have problems, but rarely connect beyond a transient surface interaction.

ENTP - Bad. They can tick me off SO bad if I have to work with them. I have never been close with one for a very long time period. I can make things work well enough, but the vast majority of the time I am just rendered mad at them for not following structure. Or worse, disregarding it just because. Even if their methods work, I have to strain to turn a blind eye to it. Sometimes they are just beyond annoying and too attention-grabbing. If it weren't for the fact that I can occasionally make it work and communicate with them to smooth things over, I'd say they were the worst.

ESFP - Mostly good, but I don't have all that much experience with them, despite the fact that one of my best friends in college is one. The few I have known though are great. We have lots of fun together. They can wear me out, but they're one of the few times that can get me involved in physical banter.

ENFP - Mixed. I have had tons of ENFP friends over the years, and one of my closest friends in high school was one. We can have tons of fun together and up in mad adventures and memories for life. However, a number of them I meet piss me off pretty bad, or they snap at me out of nowhere (often citing me being controlling). This type often frequently loves everyone, even bad individuals, and that is a one way ticket to me losing respect.

ISTP - Mixed. I know very few, generally get along ok with them, but there tends to be little common ground and the vast majority are too quiet for my taste. Haven't had any long-term bad experiences, but lots of insta-nope experiences where we leave each other alone.

INTP - Bad. I have had the most problems with this type bar none. Two individuals I began to have a friendship with eventually hit a point where they get mild upset with something I do, refuse to talk, and then blow it massively out of preportion. The habit of making everything a debate or argument is something I can't put up with.

ISFP - Mixed. I get along with them alright, and have been close friends with one before. I can be a bit bored of them, and they can be touchy, but they can also be a lot of tun.

INFP - I have had a lot of problems with them, but at the same time have met wonderful individuals. The person I have been friends with for the longest is one, and nothing will break our friendship. I think the vast majority of problems I have had with this type stems from 4 stuff.

This chart (along with a sophisticated understanding of Reinin dichotomies and quadrant traits) ought to explain the fundamental nature of your relationships with each of the types you mention.

Socionics - the16types.info - Socionics Intertype Relations Chart

Speaking only for myself, I have never found a better description of intertype relations than the one formulated and refined by Socionics theory. You could probably use that chart to identify and explain your relationships with each and every type that you have ever encountered, but beware of mis-typing. It happens a lot. For many of us, it takes a very long time to figure out who we really are.

In his song "Rocky Mountain High" John Denver says that he was born in the Summer of his twenty-seventh year. If that's true, he beat me by a full twenty years. I was only really "born" in the Summer of my forty-seventh year when I finally figured out that, somewhat to my embarrassment, I am, in fact, an ENFJ (ENFj in Socionics).

Good luck as you continue your journey of self-discovery! :cheers:

I should also add, though I am reticent to do so, that you should be an EIE in Socionics if, in fact, you are an ENFJ in M/B typology. You appear to be an ENFj to me, but only you can know for sure. Peace.

Last edited:

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP - Bad. I have had the most problems with this type bar none. Two individuals I began to have a friendship with eventually hit a point where they get mild upset with something I do, refuse to talk, and then blow it massively out of preportion. The habit of making everything a debate or argument is something I can't put up with.

Hehe, I'll admit that I've done this. INTPs hold grudges and will often end friendships over insignificant things. I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but I've always found it difficult to stay friends with people when they have views that I absolutely hate. For example, I would not stay friends with a person who treated their child poorly, even if we were extremely close. I've had INTP friends cut me out of their lives for reasons I didn't understand at all (one told me I reminded him too much of his mom), but then again, I've done the exact same thing.

I like you though, so I hope I can be an exception.