• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP Girls

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't understand how INFJ males are too submissive? I believe in very equal relationships? Not this one has to be the dominant and submissive maybe my ideology is not popular.
Maybe my interests are limited but if you know how to work with me, I can see going with an ENTP can be exciting.

Honestly both types will have to grow out of their comfort zones but they'll learn a lot if they do. They just have to be willing.

She is a bit of a doer. :dry: Needs someone that can match that level of on the go type orientation.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I should so a social experiment where I go on a date with a person of each type and see how the personality impacts dating. I can start a blog based around it and call it 'Tinder Types' lol.
Or maybe I'll persuade someone else to do this and vicariously experience it through them because dating is sooo not my forte.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So why not that guy in your photo?

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dont date. You are obviously destined for higher greatness then all the peasents you have encounted.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We are who we are my friend.

You as an Ni dom would say that? Where's your intensity and inspiration? I'm not wanting to learn how to be an Ne dom, I want to learn the ways of how to be with an Ne dom.

So why not that guy in your photo?
He's gay.

I should so a social experiment where I go on a date with a person of each type and see how the personality impacts dating. I can start a blog based around it and call it 'Tinder Types' lol.
Or maybe I'll persuade someone else to do this and vicariously experience it through them because dating is sooo not my forte.

I don't think it's right to date someone merely because of type, would seem foolish to do so. Interesting enough if it works out, let me know. :)

Dont date. You are obviously destined for higher greatness then all the peasents you have encounted.
Peasant*
I have goals and ambitions far greater than to be a mere peasant. Serf.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I volunteer as tribute!!:hi::hi::hi::hi

edit.
Wait. Hold on. Im emotionally retarded. Ive never been on a date....

How about we partner up and do it together to compare results?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I don't understand how INFJ males are too submissive? I believe in very equal relationships? Not this one has to be the dominant and submissive maybe my ideology is not popular.
Maybe my interests are limited but if you know how to work with me, I can see going with an ENTP can be exciting.

Honestly both types will have to grow out of their comfort zones but they'll learn a lot if they do. They just have to be willing.
Is this addressed to me or in general? If it's to me (it's always about me, right?), I agree, the d/s thing doesn't have to be rigid and I certainly don't believe in it much myself, but as a big personality ENTP I struggle with the slow decision making process of INFJs. Although it's something I admire and respect, I'm impulsive and reactive, and INFJs seem to be looking for that deep and slow connection so it's hard for me to focus. I find for our types we often need some kind of a challenge and stimulation, and INFJs are sometimes too slow to react and we burn out. Obviously this isn't a hard rule for all ENTP-INFJ, because so many work together marvelously, but for myself it's that slow reaction time that invalidates and ultimately alienates me.
She is a bit of a doer. :dry: Needs someone that can match that level of on the go type orientation.
We're really impulsive and flighty which aren't necessarily good traits but it's definitely something ENTPs struggle with.
I volunteer as tribute!!:hi::hi::hi::hi

edit.
Wait. Hold on. Im emotionally retarded. Ive never been on a date....

How about we partner up and do it together to compare results?
Me too, and I can probably count the number of dates I've been on on one hand? Let's do it, I'm down!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this addressed to me or in general? If it's to me (it's always about me, right?), I agree, the d/s thing doesn't have to be rigid and I certainly don't believe in it much myself, but as a big personality ENTP I struggle with the slow decision making process of INFJs. Although it's something I admire and respect, I'm impulsive and reactive, and INFJs seem to be looking for that deep and slow connection so it's hard for me to focus. I find for our types we often need some kind of a challenge and stimulation, and INFJs are sometimes too slow to react and we burn out. Obviously this isn't a hard rule for all ENTP-INFJ, because so many work together marvelously, but for myself it's that slow reaction time that invalidates and ultimately alienates me.

Haha when I speak to others specifically, I often say it simultaneously to the person and to the world, it's my aux Fe I guess haha. Slow? Oh I'll show slow. The more comfortable the INFJ is with ENTP's, the faster we light up and suddenly our insights just seem to glow and surprise our little turtle selves. Pfft, did you forget I have 7 in my tri type? I am impulsive when someone allows me to be. Society often looks down at my impulsive attitudes so, watch out for me. What kind of challenge and stimulation? :smile: Maybe in the beginning but, watch out grasshopper, I've been on more dates than I can count on my two hands. :cool: :wink:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Haha when I speak to others specifically, I often say it simultaneously to the person and to the world, it's my aux Fe I guess haha. Slow? Oh I'll show slow. The more comfortable the INFJ is with ENTP's, the faster we light up and suddenly our insights just seem to glow and surprise our little turtle selves. Pfft, did you forget I have 7 in my tri type? I am impulsive when someone allows me to be. Society often looks down at my impulsive attitudes so, watch out for me. What kind of challenge and stimulation? :smile: Maybe in the beginning but, watch out grasshopper, I've been on more dates than I can count on my two hands. :cool: :wink:
See I obviously can't argue here because I can't speak for you at all, I was just talking about my experiences with other INFJs. I gotta say though, I find INFJs (and a lot of other feeler types) have a lot of depth whereas I don't know if I do...I always wondered if that made us seem kind of superficial.
HAH that last statement, omg. I can't even counter this. :heart:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See I obviously can't argue here because I can't speak for you at all, I was just talking about my experiences with other INFJs. I gotta say though, I find INFJs (and a lot of other feeler types) have a lot of depth whereas I don't know if I do...I always wondered if that made us seem kind of superficial.
HAH that last statement, omg. I can't even counter this. :heart:

Me either. hahaha. :bye: But.. my signature though. Lol aren't we so special. :heart:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it just depends on where you're at, what your needs are, and what work you want to do.

this is only my generalization, but as an infj male myself, i think we almost require emotionally intelligent women. infps often, to me, seem better in this respect. a bit more individualistic. we seem to require a quality of sharing that is probably as intense and complete as any type.

i do, personally, also emphasize a kind of equality. not sameness, but the worst thing in the world is to watch wasted potential or arrested development. my gender sense, while not totally fluid, will almost always bend enough to appreciate strengths regardless of sex or expectation.

i also know that for me, a sense of shared mission is the biggest commitment factor. finding that balance between simply enjoying the journey and seeking a kind of destiny, a deep aim, a lasting purpose, is a huge challenge for me with exxp. it requires both sides being willing to give up their habitual ways of coping, at times, and allowing the other to lead sometimes. our cognitive fundamentalisms are deeply ingrained.

a more independent, socially oriented, competition driven efj 3 or 1 might make a lot of sense if you want to enjoy charm and social grace and warmth without having to really get to the soft underbelly of anything and truly be vulnerable. i know that without this, an infj will not thrive.

but for me, at least, i do know too that i have many moments of simply stalling, spinning my tires, waffling. i can become slow to act, often not out of wisdom but out of a deeper kind of conservatism and slowness that has more to do with needing to wake up to the moment and OWN it than to a real recognition of something being problematic. for me, separating myself from what i assume about reality so that i can face my own experience directly is an ongoing and quite young practice, one that i have to work on in order to respect my own choice (and the need for it to be timely and responsive and committed to a longer path of consequences) than sometimes i am in that moment ready to do.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest ENTP women are possibly my favorite type of women.

I've often heard that our best matches are INFJs and INTJs because they help balance us, ground us, and bring us in touch with our more vulnerable sides. While I don't disagree that this may work for other people, I've found that I personally clash with INTJs in relationships. As co-workers they're excellent, and as friends they're a charm, but romantically I find them far too slow to react, dispassionate, and quite dry. INFJs also make amazing friends but boyfriends? I've dated two so far and while at first they're a nice, calm presence, but after the butterflies wear out there's always this major disconnect and a complete lack of understanding that I can't quite overcome. There's of course the issue of burning out really fast which I've found quite common for our type. Frankly, I have no idea how any of us survive in long-term relationships without getting bored, but I'm sure there are plenty that do it and I want to know how!

I've heard that when people first meet me I appear much softer but once I become more comfortable with someone my personality comes out I'm pretty fiery and full of sass (or I'm just as ass, that could be it too). I'm comfortable with who I am, but I realize being female and having a big personality is intimidating and often times people seem to just follow my lead - something that's flattering, but annoying as hell when it comes to dating. I hate always making the shots, always taking charge, always wearing the pants in a relationship. I don't want to be the big personality all the time and it would be nice if for once I dated someone who had a more dominating persona than mine (something that seems hard to find, even when I'm toning myself down).

I'm not really into the dating thing right now, but I'm curious to learn what your guys' advice is on this for the future? What would be a better personality type to tone me down? What is a good match for an ENTP girl? Other ENTP girls (and guys) how do you handle dating?

I don't know about INFJs but the bolded part is mostly wrong and expecting an INTJ to connect you to your softer side is often quite unrealistic. There can be love and passion but pure emo stuff probably will not be in the equation that much. However what can INTJ do is creating some kind of order in your life and be an interesting debating partner or partner in exploration. Also I must say that there are a number of types of INTJs and I can clearly see how some subtypes are not compatible with average ENTP, and those INTJs are stereotypical 5s and 4s.

However I think that ENTP/INTJ thing doesn't work until the age 25 or 30 since we both need to round up a little before this is a good match.
Especially since by that age INTJs realizes that they know enough about the world and that they can engage it directly. (I often score as an eNTJ these days)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Tho I am not quite the expert on having successful relationships, I have come to think that the whole 'opposites attract' thing isnt really useful and desireable in a relationship for me. I think, if its little things, like the one is better at whatever while the other is better at whatever, it is ok. But total personality opposites, dont really attract. I like IJs, why shouldnt I, but its more like a friendship I could imagine. I think the best realtionships are with people, who are majorly similiar. I for example made the experience that woman with a well developed Te attract me. They are organized, punctual, I can rely on them, plan with them, build with them. Chaos queens I dont really need. This is definitly just a phase of my life, when I was younger I rather liked the chaos queen. And when I get older and life aint so busy no more, I maybe like someone new. But nearly always the partners I find attractive, shared a value with me. So I dont believe in the theory of total opposites attracting no more.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I don't know about INFJs but the bolded part is mostly wrong and expecting an INTJ to connect you to your softer side is often quite unrealistic. There can be love and passion but pure emo stuff probably will not be in the equation that much. However what can INTJ do is creating some kind of order in your life and be an interesting debating partner or partner in exploration. Also I must say that there are a number of types of INTJs and I can clearly see how some subtypes are not compatible with average ENTP, and those INTJs are stereotypical 5s and 4s.

However I think that ENTP/INTJ thing doesn't work until the age 25 or 30 since we both need to round up a little before this is a good match.
Especially since by that age INTJs realizes that they know enough about the world and that they can engage it directly. (I often score as an eNTJ these days)
I guess it depends on the person too, but the INTJs I've known were better at that that me. I don't mean in a "let's share our emotions every time we feel them" kind of way by any means - sometimes talking about that is like pulling teeth - but they're much more grounded and calm than we are, which I found to be a good balance.

Tho I am not quite the expert on having successful relationships, I have come to think that the whole 'opposites attract' thing isnt really useful and desireable in a relationship for me. I think, if its little things, like the one is better at whatever while the other is better at whatever, it is ok. But total personality opposites, dont really attract. I like IJs, why shouldnt I, but its more like a friendship I could imagine. I think the best realtionships are with people, who are majorly similiar. I for example made the experience that woman with a well developed Te attract me. They are organized, punctual, I can rely on them, plan with them, build with them. Chaos queens I dont really need. This is definitly just a phase of my life, when I was younger I rather liked the chaos queen. And when I get older and life aint so busy no more, I maybe like someone new. But nearly always the partners I find attractive, shared a value with me. So I dont believe in the theory of total opposites attracting no more.
I 100% agree. Sure in theory it makes sense that you'd want to be with someone who can bring out sides of you that aren't strong, but in reality it's too much confusion, too much misunderstanding. Because I'm very realistic, logical, and a classic 'thinker' (I'm not the type to even bother discussing theories - if it's here and I can prove it or make it happen, talk to me about it, otherwise don't bother with me), introverted feelers and I don't work very well unless I really force it (and they would likely have to as well) and even then...

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
...introverted feelers and I don't work very well unless I really force it (and they would likely have to as well) and even then...

you'd have to agree to disagree and let it go.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I've often heard that our best matches are INFJs and INTJs because they help balance us, ground us, and bring us in touch with our more vulnerable sides. While I don't disagree that this may work for other people, I've found that I personally clash with INTJs in relationships. As co-workers they're excellent, and as friends they're a charm, but romantically I find them far too slow to react, dispassionate, and quite dry. INFJs also make amazing friends but boyfriends? I've dated two so far and while at first they're a nice, calm presence, but after the butterflies wear out there's always this major disconnect and a complete lack of understanding that I can't quite overcome. There's of course the issue of burning out really fast which I've found quite common for our type. Frankly, I have no idea how any of us survive in long-term relationships without getting bored, but I'm sure there are plenty that do it and I want to know how!

I've heard that when people first meet me I appear much softer but once I become more comfortable with someone my personality comes out I'm pretty fiery and full of sass (or I'm just as ass, that could be it too). I'm comfortable with who I am, but I realize being female and having a big personality is intimidating and often times people seem to just follow my lead - something that's flattering, but annoying as hell when it comes to dating. I hate always making the shots, always taking charge, always wearing the pants in a relationship. I don't want to be the big personality all the time and it would be nice if for once I dated someone who had a more dominating persona than mine (something that seems hard to find, even when I'm toning myself down).

I'm not really into the dating thing right now, but I'm curious to learn what your guys' advice is on this for the future? What would be a better personality type to tone me down? What is a good match for an ENTP girl? Other ENTP girls (and guys) how do you handle dating?

The Ni-Ne combo is wonderful IMO, and you notice it almost immediately.

ENTJ (if not wanting a relationship). You won't be toned down, fun to talk to there won't be any issues with no frills sex either
INFJ (if wanting a relationship). Intense, serious, again good intellectual connection. Do not consider for casual hookups though

Enneatypes make a difference as well - we are all a bit screwed up, but what type of crazy can you live with? As a rule 2s go well with 8s, 3s with 7s, 4s with 6s, 5s with other 5s and instincts should match.