• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ and INFP Relationsips

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think about relationships between INFPs and ENTJs? The focus of this is really on romantic relationships but it also makes sense to discuss your experience in situations where these two types interact in a significant way – such as friendship, at work, etc.

When it’s working – What are the joys and positive aspects of these relationships?
- How compatible do you think these two types are in general?
- Why are they attracted to each other?
- How to they compliment each other?
- How well do they understand each other and why?
- What are they like together raising children?

When it’s not working – What are the challenges when two people of this type are in a relationship?
- What are some of the communication challenges they can have?
- What are the biggest frustrations between these two types?
- How can they take each other for granted?
- What happens with things “go wrong” between these two types?

Advice for couples – What recommendations do you have?
- What things should each type do to facilitate better communication?
- What advice do you have for each of the two types?
- If you are an ENTJ, what advice do you have for the INFPs?
- If you are an INFP, what advice do you have for the ENTJs?

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that INFP and ENTJ works better than INFP ESTJ, because Ns kinda communicate better. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. Also, advice for an ENTJ, show your weaknesses around us. It makes us feel special, and if you guys act all tough (sometimes it's cool) but don't show vunerability, it makes us feel weak. I had an LDR with an ENTJ, and it went along almost perfectly, until he just started ignoring me and didn't tell me anything. He read my texts but never replied. That was the main cause. It also seemed like he put on a macho exterior, and he kind of felt the need to shield me from the world. That's cute, but let me live.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When it's good with us, it's devastatingly good. A bond forms and it's just this secret interior island of you and them. The contact is constant and effortless. You learn from them constantly. Exploring places in you that frighten you. Gently leading them out into the world that sometimes overwhelms them. They realize they are strong, and you feel some restoration to the faith that the world is a beautiful place and indeed fighting for. It's perfect. It's perfect. It's perfect. Until it isn't.

Because at the end of the day it's all a magnificent stretch, isn't it? An ENTJ, for better or for worse, is always capable. We can do the things that others can't or won't. We forget how it all looks, I guess. How it might all sound to someone else. Idk. It ruins it, the things you've done. Things fall apart after the first time you feel that repulsion from the one you had valued so much. Both sides are betrayed and disappointed. Suddenly, you can do nothing right. Everything about you just returns them to that moment. They can't get past it, and maybe you'd love them less if they could. It's the integrity that makes them so beautiful. The rejection wears on you, though. The painstaking, whole hearted moral compass they hold so close suddenly seems like a kind of petty, self-indulged excess. "Who the fuck are you, after all? Who gives a shit what you feel about anything, especially when you're unwilling to do anything about it?" I can destroy you just by being myself, so why shouldn't I? There is no island. Maybe there never was. You drift until someone ends it, and now it's over.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
When it's good with us, it's devastatingly good. A bond forms and it's just this secret interior island of you and them. The contact is constant and effortless. You learn from them constantly. Exploring places in you that frighten you. Gently leading them out into the world that sometimes overwhelms them. They realize they are strong, and you feel some restoration to the faith that the world is a beautiful place and indeed fighting for. It's perfect. It's perfect. It's perfect. Until it isn't.

Because at the end of the day it's all a magnificent stretch, isn't it? An ENTJ, for better or for worse, is always capable. We can do the things that others can't or won't. We forget how it all looks, I guess. How it might all sound to someone else. Idk. It ruins it, the things you've done. Things fall apart after the first time you feel that repulsion from the one you had valued so much. Both sides are betrayed and disappointed. Suddenly, you can do nothing right. Everything about you just returns them to that moment. They can't get past it, and maybe you'd love them less if they could. It's the integrity that makes them so beautiful. The rejection wears on you, though. The painstaking, whole hearted moral compass they hold so close suddenly seems like a kind of petty, self-indulged excess. "Who the fuck are you, after all? Who gives a shit what you feel about anything, especially when you're unwilling to do anything about it?" I can destroy you just by being myself, so why shouldn't I? There is no island. Maybe there never was. You drift until someone ends it, and now it's over.

:hug:

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I dated some INFP's before, and they tend to be very weird. They all are. But in end I love how they will pretty much conform and be submissive to the ENTJ (me). I just don't like how illogical they can be and how their perceiving side can make them a bit flaky at times.